: How Old Is This Nav DVD Disc? And How Do I Get My 2 Free Upgrades?

jhelms
08-01-07, 11:56 PM
In the 2006 STS that we picked up this weekend (new, leftover at a dealer) it had this Nav disc in it:

Gm pn 15794606
Version 2.0

How old is that, and how do I access one of the 2 free dvd updates that they said I could get?

dkozloski
08-02-07, 01:32 AM
In the 2006 STS that we picked up this weekend (new, leftover at a dealer) it had this Nav disc in it:

Gm pn 15794606
Version 2.0

How old is that, and how do I access one of the 2 free dvd updates that they said I could get?
www.gmnavdisc.com (http://www.gmnavdisc.com)

ewill3rd
08-02-07, 06:50 AM
Call the nav disc center, they can answer all those questions for you.
Click on the link Koz posted for contact information.

bigdog9586
08-02-07, 09:05 AM
Did the window sticker say you get 2 free disks? If not than you are going to have to pay for them.

jhelms
08-02-07, 09:43 AM
Did the window sticker say you get 2 free disks? If not than you are going to have to pay for them.

Hmm, good question - I'll check that, not sure I remember seeing it there.

It was real important to the guy showing me the stuff to mention it to me, but wouldn't surprise me if that didn't materialize.

Were the upgrades standard for new 2006 models and up?

dkozloski
08-02-07, 12:57 PM
The window sticker on my '06 AWD V8 STS 1SF mentions the NAV includes two free updates. The part # mentioned in the post is an old one but you have to wait a year to get your free update from the time of purchase. Details are on the web site. I found a current disc on Ebay for $70. Unfortunately Cadillac is too cheap to provide map data for Alaska so the NAV doesn't work for me anyway.

jhelms
08-02-07, 02:56 PM
The window sticker on my '06 AWD V8 STS 1SF mentions the NAV includes two free updates. The part # mentioned in the post is an old one but you have to wait a year to get your free update from the time of purchase. Details are on the web site. I found a current disc on Ebay for $70. Unfortunately Cadillac is too cheap to provide map data for Alaska so the NAV doesn't work for me anyway.

That's crazy, it should be nearly nothing for them to ante up and include Canada and Alaska, or at least offer a 'northern' version that would cover it if they don't want to include it with the regular 48 state DVD.

Also, I just went and checked the sticker and it does mention the 2 free upgrades.

dkozloski
08-02-07, 03:10 PM
That's crazy, it should be nearly nothing for them to ante up and include Canada and Alaska, or at least offer a 'northern' version that would cover it if they don't want to include it with the regular 48 state DVD.

Also, I just went and checked the sticker and it does mention the 2 free upgrades.
The disc covers Canada but the data stops about 300 miles from my home at the Canada/Alaska border. It's no big deal. We're used to being treated like second class citizens. If we didn't have oil we'd get no attention at all except from the IRS.

nguyendot
08-10-07, 02:37 AM
I have v.2 and v.3 i believe in my car. I have no idea however how to get the updates other than have the dealer order them (dad ordered extras...he sells em lol)

ewill3rd
08-10-07, 07:04 AM
Dealers cannot really order them anymore.
We used to but earlier this year or late last year the nav disc center took over.
We have to order them from the nav disc center... but most dealers will mark up the price if they order it and then sell it to you.
Better for you to order it directly yourself.

dkozloski
08-10-07, 12:36 PM
Dealers cannot really order them anymore.
We used to but earlier this year or late last year the nav disc center took over.
We have to order them from the nav disc center... but most dealers will mark up the price if they order it and then sell it to you.
Better for you to order it directly yourself.
When I took delivery of my new '06, somebody had swiped the NAV disc out of it. After much brow beating the dealer ordered and sent me the same outdated disc as jhelms. I got the current disc for $70 off Ebay. The dealer never did supply the NAV supplement and I had to order it from Helm Inc. myself. As I reported earlier it was all a wasted effort anyway becaause there is no map data for Alaska. Because there is no underlying digital data you can't even set your own waypoints. Shame on Cadillac. They sell a multi thousand dollar NAV that works in Canada but not in the entire U.S.; the same old let'em eat cake attitude.