: African Lion Safari In The Cadillac

Murphyg
08-01-07, 05:48 PM
Took the family to the African Lion Safari.
WoW what a place :eek:
Definatelly worth the 100.00 and change to get in for the 4 of us. :thumbsup:
Everything was included except food. And the bus ride. But we didnt do the bus ride. I decided to drive through myself. There isnt anything loose or hanging of my car so I decided to go for it.
If you dont crack your windows or show the baboons food they dont want anything to do with you.
They have 2 different bird shows. A couple elephant shows. Train and boat ride. Even a water park for the kids. It is really quite amazing. And like I said all included. You truelly need bout 7 or more hours to experience the whole place.

AlBundy
08-01-07, 05:56 PM
When I saw this thread I just knew you were talking about a Escalade.:eek: Great pic. I love nature.:thumbsup:

Murphyg
08-01-07, 06:18 PM
I was in my STS.
That was some kinda mini van that the baboons were climbing allover.
It is quite the place. Nothing like any zoo Ive ever been to and definatally not like any kinda traveling circus show.
All the animals just live there in open space. Its us that are caged (in our cars).
I cracked my window at one time and an ostrich thought it was an invitation to stick his head in. Freaked me out....what a huge ugly bird. Lions just lazin there with nothing between you and them but your car door. Zebras, Giraffes, Buffalo, etc....with nothin between you and them but your vehicle.
Is quite cool. Especially seein as the place is recognized world wide for there conservation of wildelife and not exploitation.
So far they have been succesful in breeding 20 species that are considered endangered, and 30 that are listed as threatened. Which they also reintegrate back into the wild.

There were freakin Wildabeasts right at my window.
Was soooo cool.

Spyder
08-01-07, 06:22 PM
:gun2::gun::brutal::bazooka::boom::kari::histeric:

Rey Rey 650
08-01-07, 06:59 PM
LOL at the mokeys on your car...... Man, that shit looks cool..... Where was this at?

LeftyCTS
08-01-07, 07:21 PM
Where's the pic of the cheetah chasing the gazelle?
cool pics:thumbsup:

EcSTSatic
08-02-07, 03:44 PM
Cool place http://www.lionsafari.com/index2.asp

I went to the one in CA back when I was stationed at MCAS El Toro. Looks like it closed long ago according to this site. http://www.yesterland.com/lioncountry.html
For that matter, my base is closed too

Rolex
08-02-07, 04:06 PM
That's an impressive pic of that eagle. That's a huge and georgous bird. SO did you get to kill a lion or what? :p

Sinister Angel
08-03-07, 04:15 AM
Cool place http://www.lionsafari.com/index2.asp

I went to the one in CA back when I was stationed at MCAS El Toro. Looks like it closed long ago according to this site. http://www.yesterland.com/lioncountry.html
For that matter, my base is closed too

BRAC is a bitch. BRAC 93 popped KI Sawyer AFB.

Murphyg
08-06-07, 11:56 PM
LOL at the mokeys on your car...... Man, that shit looks cool..... Where was this at?

I got lucky and had no monkeys on my car. The pics are from mine. There are many many incedences of the monkeys tearing off cars molding, wipers, fog lamps etc. If you invite and or intice them they can/will tear off anything that isnt attached or hanging.
I saw two different young ones with car parts. One had what looked like a strip of black molding or weather strip. And another with a fog lamp.

Dont crack your window or show anything that looks like food when in the monkey area and they dont want anything to do with you.
I figured that out at the first area. The Ostriches. I cracked my window when one was beside my car and he thought it was an invitation. Thought he was gonna crack my window the way he was peckin his beak in.

The place is in Southern Ontario. Its a privatley run sanctuary.
Got pics of Cheetas, but sorry they werent runnin down gazelles. They tend to keep the meat eatin cats away from the live meat. Its all about the preservation eh LOL.
And of course no hunting either....sorry Rolex LOL. Again the preservation thing.
There has been one incident though, that I know of, since there opening in 1969. But it was the lions that were doing what they naturally do.
Some idiots thought the big kittys were cute so they opened there windows. And of course the lions did what came naturally. They saw food and went in to eat it.
Nature at its true finest. And the sincerest stupidity of humanity of what nature is all about at its finest.

Was 1979 when they began what they call the Birds Of Prey Sanctuary.
It is all quite cool. When they say bout 7 hrs to do it all they are right.
And like I said before. The admission at the gate is inclusive of all.
Unless you want to take the bus through the animal grounds instead of your own vehicle.