: Detailing Questions - Lexol on Ventilated Seats? Dash Cleaner? LCD Screen Dust?

jhelms
08-01-07, 02:35 PM
I have a three part detailing question.

1) I've always used Lexol on my leather interiors in the past. With the ventilated seats, are there any precautions to using or not using a cream based leather conditioner like Lexol? My concern would be the cream seeping into and/or clogging the tiny holes for the vented air.

2) Even after just a few days of getting the car, the dash has picked up a TON of visible dust. I don't like the greasy shiny typical Armour All look, but is there a cleaning / anti-static / anti-dust cleaner that will work for the dash and interior panels?

3) I'm sure this has come up before, but in addition to fingerprints, there is a ton of dust collecting on the LCD screen. What is the best way to clean that screen of the fingerprints, and does anything work well as a dust repellant?

I have the same problem on our high-def video camera we just bought with the touch screen LCD, the fingerprints seem to be tough to wipe off.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, and links.

b4z
08-04-07, 09:57 AM
I've used Lexol on the perforated seats of both my SRX and GTO for over 3 years and have never had the pore clog up.
I do not have ventilated seats however.

There is a product called leatherique(.com )that is supposed to be the best leather care product available, and is used by many restorations
shops.

northlites
08-05-07, 01:49 PM
jhelms:"I have a detailing question.
3) I'm sure this has come up before, but in addition to fingerprints, there is a ton of dust collecting on the LCD screen. What is the best way to clean that screen of the fingerprints, and does anything work well as a dust repellant?

I have the same problem on our high-def video camera we just bought with the touch screen LCD, the fingerprints seem to be tough to wipe off."

:)I use a lens cleaning cloth
to clean the screens after polishing my Ray-Bans.

3M makes a Scotch-Brite product that does the job. It can be used on
camera lenses, scope lenses, and "other delicate surfaces". Your local
optometrist will market similar products and they are all washable and
can be used on your PC screen too! Kanebo Hitecloth is an
alternative although a soft damp cloth will work just as well.

Aurora5000
08-06-07, 08:33 AM
Check out this forum. They helped me with any problems I had.

http://autopia.org/forum/

1) I use meguiars leathe wipes for the ventilated seats. Works great.

2) Use California Duster (the smaller one) for inside work.

3) I use mocrofiber cloth to remove dust or fingerprints on anything. Get some for inside and window use and some for outside body cleaning. Wash them without fabric softener.

Good luck

malcolm
08-06-07, 03:07 PM
I have used Lexol on the perferated seats on my 05 with no problem at all. I use a damp chamois or microfiber cloth to wipe down the dash only when needed. A swiffer duster takes the dust off and I use it as needed.

northlites
08-06-07, 03:10 PM
Aurora5000: "Check out this forum. They helped me with any problems I had.

http://autopia.org/forum/

Use California Duster (the smaller one) for inside work.

I use mocrofiber (sic) cloth to remove dust or fingerprints on anything. Get some for inside and window use and some for outside body cleaning. Wash them without fabric softener."

:thumbsup:I, for one,
appreciate your post.

I've just registered on Autopia and found out there's a "small" California
Duster thanks to you. Those microfiber products, like 3M's Scotch-Brite
are very good cleaner uppers and you can get them at your camera store
too. Just wash them in luke warm water with a product like Woolite.

Happy mopping and cleaning up Incidentally, I keep my cloth in the
coffee holder gizmo since drinking and eating in my ride is not allowed!

Aurora5000
08-07-07, 08:09 AM
You can get most of this at any automotive store.

:thumbsup:

Good Luck