: New Grand Tourismo 5 car list...and it's huge

weister42
07-31-07, 09:24 PM
And guess what? The list for Cadillacs are huge...here it is since this is a Cadillac forum :)

CADILLAC NORTH AMERICA
Cadillac V16 '30
Cadillac Cimarron '85
Cadillac Cimarron '88
Cadillac Catera '99
Cadillac Catera Sport '00
Cadillac CTS Base 2.8L V6 '05
Cadillac CTS Base 3.6L V6 '05
Cadillac CTS Sport 3.6 V6 '05
Cadillac CTS Sport '08
Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon Concept '01
Cadillac CTSV '04
Cadillac CTSV Plus sedan {600+HP} '07
Cadillac CTSV '09
Cadillac CTSV SCCA GT Race Car '04
Cadillac CTSV SCCA GT (Red) Race Car '06
Cadillac Seville STS '02
Cadillac STS '00
Cadillac STS '05
Cadillac STSV '05
Cadillac Fleetwood Deville '99
Cadillac Deville '05
Cadillac Deville DTS '05
Cadillac DTS Performance V8 '06
Cadillac DTS Luxury I V8 '06
Cadillac Eldorado Seville Hardtop '57
Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible '59
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible '71
Cadillac Eldorodo '74
Cadillac Eldorado ETC Coupe '02
Cadillac Alante Roadster {Hard Top} '92
Cadillac Alante Roadster '93
Cadillac Alante Pace Car '92
Cadillac XLR '04
Cadillac XLRV '06
Cadillac Foose XLR '05
Cadillac SRX 4.6L V8 '05
Cadillac SRX 4.6L V8 Sport Package '06
Cadillac Escalade '00
Cadillac Escalade '02
Cadillac Escalade '07
Cadillac Escalade Hybrid '08
Cadillac Escalade ESV '05
Cadillac Escalade ESV '07
Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum '07
Cadillac Escalade EXT '05
Cadillac Escalade EXT '07
CadillacDUB Magazine Escalade EXTDUB {6.2L V8, 403hp} '07
Cadillac 1954 Carrera Panamerica Race Car '06
Cadillac 2000 Concept '00
Cadillac Sixteen Concept Car '03
Cadillac Evoq Concept Car '99
Cadillac Imaj Concept '00
Cadillac Vizon Concept Car '01
Cadillac Cien Concept '01
Cadillac Northstar LMP Race Car '00
Cadillac Northstar LMP Race Car '01
Cadillac Northstar LMP02 Race Car'02

CADILLAC EUROPE
Cadillac BLS 1.9L Turbo Diesel Sedan '06
Cadillac BLS 2.8L V6 {275hp} Sedan '06
Cadillac BLS 1.9L Turbo Diesel Wagon '08
Cadillac BLS 2.0L Turbo [210hp] Wagon '08
Cadillac BLS 2.8L V6 Wagon '08

CADILLAC CHINA
Cadillac SLS 4.6L V8 '07

I guess GT5 is supposed to have over 10,000 cars to pick from, I found a mirror here since it's been bring down servers

http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/07/gran-turismo-5-car-list.html

The Tony Show
07-31-07, 09:32 PM
Holy mother of God.

:eek:

*edit*

This looks more like a "wish list" than a real list of vehicles. There's no way Polyphony Digital is going to include 90% of those cars- the whole point is to take the cream of the crop. Also, lol at 10,000 cars. :rolleyes:

LS1Mike
07-31-07, 09:46 PM
Man that would be awesome!!
The have the 2.2 2.5 Turbo Dodges!
and finally a WS6.

Red_October_7000
07-31-07, 10:01 PM
Damn Shit.
Now I've got to buy a PS3 :\

Benzilla
07-31-07, 10:14 PM
Ehh... not one Coupe DeVille or Fleetwood Brougham. I'll pass, thanks a lot.

Destroyer
07-31-07, 10:44 PM
Finally they include the Porsche 928 amongst others. In all honesty though, I think this is a BS list and I cannot see them doing it. Would be nice though, and it would pursuade me to actually buy a PS3 (hint hint Sony execs). :thumbsup:

Blackout
07-31-07, 10:53 PM
Those won't make the cut. But why do we need to have 50 versions of the same car. WE GET IT ALREADY!!!

z06bigbird
08-01-07, 12:58 AM
They missed the Lincoln Mark III, Mark IV, and Mark V.

Also missed the Cadillac Park Lane??? from early sixties.

Night Wolf
08-01-07, 05:49 AM
I agree, most wont make it.... remember the list for GT4? and only 1 Caddy made it...

Anyway, I always thought it was messed up that there were 30 different versions of a Diahastu Move or Honda Beat, or other mini cars in the game, and them 1 Pontiac GTO, 2 Camaros etc....

Night Wolf
08-01-07, 05:51 AM
Just saw on that car list....

Lincoln Mark VIII Rolling Door Concept Car '07

lol... would this be that car that was on ebay with the dissapearing doors?

I agree.... major wish list.

70eldo
08-01-07, 06:55 AM
That would make the game endless... and too big. Maybe it would be nice if it would have some editor where you can create your own car? So you can make your own whishlist to reality.

Destroyer
08-01-07, 07:30 AM
Those won't make the cut. But why do we need to have 50 versions of the same car. WE GET IT ALREADY!!!For real. 100 versions for the Skyline and 90 of em suck!. :rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-01-07, 10:16 AM
Yeah, there's no way 80% of the cars on the list will make it.....'85 Cimarron? '99 Catera? '74 Eldorado?? No way.

ejguillot
08-01-07, 12:22 PM
I get the suspicion that most of the cars listed will drive exactly alike, with maybe a different paint job. 10,000 cars all properly modeled? Yeah, right.

Blackout
08-01-07, 12:31 PM
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood w/ sunroof
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham w/ sunroof
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in black
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in maroon
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in black w/ sunroof
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in maroon w/ sunroof

That's basically what that list reminds me of

Playdrv4me
08-01-07, 01:42 PM
The renderings for 10000 cars would take about 4 DVDs :rolleyes:

JimmyH
08-01-07, 01:47 PM
urban legend

Jonas McFeely
08-01-07, 01:57 PM
I get the suspicion that most of the cars listed will drive exactly alike, with maybe a different paint job. 10,000 cars all properly modeled? Yeah, right.

August issue of Car and Driver has a very nice article on how they make the game, and just how much detail goes into. Youd be surprised.

EVERYBODY:

Read more into it. The cars will be available, but you will have to download them. You will be able to go online and download cars that dont come with the game.

I agree with Benzilla: No Coupe Devilles, no Broughams, no dice.

JimmyH
08-01-07, 02:33 PM
The cars will be available, but you will have to download them.

i could see that, but i bet it is just body shells and relative power, no realistic physics, just a visual representation based on a generic physics model. it would take the designers too much time to program the physics on 10000 cars.

Blackout
08-01-07, 02:53 PM
August issue of Car and Driver has a very nice article on how they make the game, and just how much detail goes into. Youd be surprised.

EVERYBODY:

Read more into it. The cars will be available, but you will have to download them. You will be able to go online and download cars that dont come with the game.

I agree with Benzilla: No Coupe Devilles, no Broughams, no dice.So lets say Sony charges $1 a car. So to buy all the cars you would only have to spend $10k! Where do I sign up at!?

Jonas McFeely
08-01-07, 03:33 PM
So lets say Sony charges $1 a car. So to buy all the cars you would only have to spend $10k! Where do I sign up at!?

$1 sounds a bit low to me. And there are enough sick sonsabitches out there that would drop $20k just because.

Blackout
08-01-07, 04:05 PM
$1 sounds a bit low to me. And there are enough sick sonsabitches out there that would drop $20k just because.

Yeah a $1 for a car is low but I figured let's go with the best case scenario:histeric:

LeftyCTS
08-01-07, 06:46 PM
What! No De Soto?:)

The Chevy list has a 61, 62, & 63 Impala. What about the 64?:want:

The Tony Show
08-01-07, 07:23 PM
So lets say Sony charges $1 a car. So to buy all the cars you would only have to spend $10k! Where do I sign up at!?

Ah yes, my friend- you have discovered the joy of the 21st century "Microtransaction" (as it is called).

Pioneered by Apple and now bleeding into every device hooked up to teh interwebs. If I added up the "dollar here" and "dollar there" I've spent downloading movies, level packs and TV shows off the Xbox 360 Marketplace, I'd probably realize that they've snatched another couple hundred bucks out of my wallet without me even removing it from my pocket.

It's brilliant, really: Collect the billing info once, and then offer products for a small price at the click of a button. You almost forget you're spending money.

railven
08-01-07, 07:42 PM
I'd love for the microtransactions. Usually through such services because of the revenues industries can offer way more.

I'll end up only downloading the cars I'd want from GT5's online options. Now the tracks...thats where I see myself spending most of my money.

Hey its the future...we all do it, one way or another. Life is awesome in the digital age!

Destroyer
08-01-07, 08:57 PM
Maybe this time it will finally have a 2 player drag race mode.:thumbsup:

Night Wolf
08-01-07, 11:06 PM
The renderings for 10000 cars would take about 4 DVDs :rolleyes:

Blu Ray :)

Anyway, I know for GT4, each and every car was tested and accurately modeled, physics and all, in to the game... I see it no different for GT5.

GT5 and/or next GTA will probably be when I get a PS3.

Blackout
08-02-07, 05:24 AM
Blu Ray :)

Anyway, I know for GT4, each and every car was tested and accurately modeled, physics and all, in to the game... I see it no different for GT5.

GT5 and/or next GTA will probably be when I get a PS3.
It's already been proven that the Forza series has a more relistic physics setup then GT. GT was the beginning of all of this racing simulator stuff but Forza has surpassed it and like i said before GT can't call it the real or the best driving simulator when they don't even have damage to the cars. Take the same car from both games and run them into a wall going 100+ mph and see how each car responds per game. GT you keep on going whil nothing happens while Forza it will affect your aerodynamics and give you extra wind noise due to the damage, the front will be all messed up, you engine, tranny, suspension will all be messed up and your car will be pulling to one side or the other so trying to keep it going straight is a lot of fun. GT relies on it's realistic graphics as it's bragging rights. Other then that who cares. BTW GTA will never have a realistic physics engine

railven
08-02-07, 09:22 AM
It's already been proven that the Forza series has a more relistic physics setup then GT. GT was the beginning of all of this racing simulator stuff but Forza has surpassed it and like i said before GT can't call it the real or the best driving simulator when they don't even have damage to the cars. Take the same car from both games and run them into a wall going 100+ mph and see how each car responds per game. GT you keep on going whil nothing happens while Forza it will affect your aerodynamics and give you extra wind noise due to the damage, the front will be all messed up, you engine, tranny, suspension will all be messed up and your car will be pulling to one side or the other so trying to keep it going straight is a lot of fun. GT relies on it's realistic graphics as it's bragging rights. Other then that who cares. BTW GTA will never have a realistic physics engine

Wait wait...Blackout you're arguing that Forza has better physics and dynamics then GT with the arguement of slamming into a wall at 100+mph? Hell if either game were "true" you wouldn't be driving away let alone driving away with noise increases and decreased aerodynamics.

Polyphonic's excuse for not including real world damage was due to the modeling off the cars. They want it to look "real" so each panel and texture would have to be re-rendered per car. So if its taking them an estimate 180+ days man hours per car, I can imagine why they wouldn't want to do that.

From what I've seen of Forza 2 and GT5, GT5 takes the cake in terms of graphics. As far as gameplay, I'm a bit more fond of Forza's Arcade-ish style driving.

Either way having both systems gives me the both of both worlds. I personally can't wait for the interiors of GT5...yum!!!

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 10:30 AM
Forza physics owns Gran Turismo, hands down. Forza 2 is the first racing game ever to model the physics at 360 frames per second, which is why the graphics are great but not amazing like GT5. I could care less, as graphics are only good for replays. When I'm barreling though turn 17 at Sebring, I'm not worried about how many pixel shaders are on the tree beyond the armco.

If you want proof positive that Forza 2 has the most detailed physics engine in a racing game ever, pull up the telemetry screen during a replay (or race). The game is actually modeling tire pressures, tire temperatures, hp and tq to the wheels, individual suspension travel, camber angle, brake temperature, toe angle and lateral Gs (360 times per second). It's amazing to watch.

The resolution on this video is pretty low, but it gives you an idea.

Qm8OGq6gkq8

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 04:33 PM
That is a nice list but I will believe it when I see an official list from sony.
And I better be able to do everything I can do in Forza 2 !
Looks like I will have to buy a ps3 for this game !

Blackout
08-02-07, 04:45 PM
Wait wait...Blackout you're arguing that Forza has better physics and dynamics then GT with the arguement of slamming into a wall at 100+mph? Hell if either game were "true" you wouldn't be driving away let alone driving away with noise increases and decreased aerodynamics.Your car will also damage it's engine, suspension, transmission, etc. I do it for fun when I'm bored but then it takes forever to get back to the pit area and then it fixes all the damaged components minus the body so once it up and running again your aerodynamics are affected so you won't accelerate as fast or have as good a top end, your handling will suffer (if you have a wing), and there will be a lot more wind noise as you are going along. When you crash face first into a wall the windows break, the front end of the car is all smashed in and body parts are all over the road, your exhaust starts smoking like a bitch and depending on which side you hit your car will pull to that side when you accelerate.

Polyphonic's excuse for not including real world damage was due to the modeling off the cars. They want it to look "real" so each panel and texture would have to be re-rendered per car. So if its taking them an estimate 180+ days man hours per car, I can imagine why they wouldn't want to do that.In other words "Were more worried about it looking pretty then actually having to do more work by making it more realistic". What is the Gran Tourismo motto? "The Ultimate Driving Simulator" so how can they say that when they don't even have damage? Hell even the next Need For Speed game is going to have damage so that makes it even more realistic then GT5 at this point.

From what I've seen of Forza 2 and GT5, GT5 takes the cake in terms of graphics. As far as gameplay, I'm a bit more fond of Forza's Arcade-ish style driving.There aren't any screen shots of GT5 yet, only CGI videos. As for graphics, who cares! Do you think in real world racing the drivers are looking all over the place going, "damn they have some pretty scenery at this track." "WHOA! Look at that winibago over there!". When I play a racing game I am focused on the road not wether or not the crowd standing next to the track move if I crash near them.

Either way having both systems gives me the both of both worlds. I personally can't wait for the interiors of GT5...yum!!!Once again, while racing are you really looking at the interior or are you looking at the road. But since you have both systems then you can make your own decision. All I know is I've been playing Forza 2 for about a month or 2 now while GT5 is nothing more then a teaser video and still has no release date. So IMO playing a game > a future game that has better graphics. The thing Sony has to get through their thick skulls is graphics don't make a game. They do make a game more interesting to talk about but thats about it. Don't believe me then tell that to Nintendo and the Wii

Blackout
08-02-07, 04:46 PM
That is a nice list but I will believe it when I see an official list from sony.
And I better be able to do everything I can do in Forza 2 !
Looks like I will have to buy a ps3 for this game !
Your going to drop $600 for a single game that nobody knows when it's going to be out? By the time it comes out MS will be working on the successor to the 360

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 04:59 PM
If the list has those cars on it yes. The playstation 3 falls a generation ahead of the 360 anyway. Sony shouldn't even need to upgrade until after the generation following the 360 anyway. With the blu ray drive they can make far superrior games than microsoft. I love my 360 and have one for Halo and the fact that everytime Sony thinks they are going to be exclusive to a game ms comes in and buys it up such as with the new unreal tournament.

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 05:01 PM
Looks like that list was unreliable and has been removed already anyway.

Blackout
08-02-07, 05:03 PM
If the list has those cars on it yes. The playstation 3 falls a generation ahead of the 360 anyway. Sony shouldn't even need to upgrade until after the generation following the 360 anyway. With the blu ray drive they can make far superrior games than microsoft. I love my 360 and have one for Halo and the fact that everytime Sony thinks they are going to be exclusive to a game ms comes in and buys it up such as with the new unreal tournament.lol Sony magazine had a match up between the PS3 and the 360 and even a Sony dedicated magazine gave the nod to the 360. The PS3 had potential to be an awesome gaming machine but you can tell it was a system made by penny pinchers and not gaming people. As of right now the one and only thing PS3 has going for it is that it doubles as a Blu-Ray player. Other then that there isn't shit out for the PS3 that would make you want to drop that kinda money for the system that you can't already get for the 360 and for less money

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 05:13 PM
With the blu ray drive they can make far superrior games than microsoft.

You have fallen victim to Sony's marketing hype- the storage format of the disc has no bearing on the quality of the games. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has an intricately detailed game world that takes an hour to walk from one side to the other, and over 100 hours of recorded speech, yet takes up less than half of a DVD. We're still a long way away from a game that needs more space than a DVD provides.

The current Blu-Ray drives also load much slower than DVD (remember the old 2x and 4x DVD drives for PCs back in the infant days of the technology? That's where Blu-Ray is right now. Ugh.) Longer load times and lack of realtime data streaming WILL be an issue for the PS3, not to mention the fact that all their exclusives have dried up due to poor sales and reviews of the PS3. GTA4, Devil May Cry 4, Assassin's Creed, even the new Metal Gear Solid were all PS3 exclusives at one time, but will now be out first on 360.

Easier to code for, better online structure and a larger installed base make the 360 a formidable opponent for Sony.

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 05:18 PM
Actually the 360 costs more because you have to buy everything seperately and Microsoft won't be making games that are 60gb anytime soon otherwise Forza would have had many more cars. Don't get me wrong I prefer my 360 I think it has many better games.

Blackout
08-02-07, 05:22 PM
You have fallen victim to Sony's marketing hype- the storage format of the disc has no bearing on the quality of the games. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has an intricately detailed game world that takes an hour to walk from one side to the other, and over 100 hours of recorded speech, yet takes up less than half of a DVD. We're still a long way away from a game that needs more space than a DVD provides.

The current Blu-Ray drives also load much slower than DVD (remember the old 2x and 4x DVD drives for PCs back in the infant days of the technology? That's where Blu-Ray is right now. Ugh.) Longer load times and lack of realtime data streaming WILL be an issue for the PS3, not to mention the fact that all their exclusives have dried up due to poor sales and reviews of the PS3. GTA4, Devil May Cry 4, Assassin's Creed, even the new Metal Gear Solid were all PS3 exclusives at one time, but will now be out first on 360.

Easier to code for, better online structure and a larger installed base make the 360 a formidable opponent for Sony.

Exactly. No matter what Sony does they will never have a online gaming database anywhere near that of Xbox live. Plus on top of it you can't view your friends list when in a game and you can't play a game while your downloading something like you can with the 360. There's just not enough things going for Sony that would make one want to buy a PS3 at this point. MS basically took all of Sony's exclusives away from them. GTA series was one of Sony's best selling series now when GTA IV comes out all exclusive bonus content will only be available for the 360 since they bought the rights to it. All I gotta say is with Peter Moore leaving MS and heading to EA......MAN OH MAN! If MS buys EA then its game over for Sony

Blackout
08-02-07, 05:25 PM
Actually the 360 costs more because you have to buy everything seperately and Microsoft won't be making games that are 60gb anytime soon otherwise Forza would have had many more cars. Don't get me wrong I prefer my 360 I think it has many better games.
WHAT!? I bought my Premium bundle for $400 and it comes with the HDTV wire. You pay $600 for the PS3 but OH NOES!!!! No HDMI cable, so there's another $60 on top of it. Oh your PS3 crapped out and you weren't using a Sony HDMI cable then TA TA to your warranty. And And I don't think anybody will be making 60GB games ummmm..........ever

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 05:47 PM
WHAT!? I bought my Premium bundle for $400 and it comes with the HDTV wire.

.....and a headset, and a wireless controller, and a media remote.

Blackout
08-02-07, 06:05 PM
.....and a headset, and a wireless controller, and a media remote.

I didn't want to rub it in:thumbsup: But the best is for the PS3 that for your "wireless" controller you need to plug it in to your PS3 so it recognizes it before you can use it. And you have to do the same thing if you bring your controller to a friends house. I like just tapping the button on top of the 360's controller and it finds it "wirelessly". BTW the HD-DVD drive for the 360 got a price drop starting yesterday, it's now $179. But here's a breakdown for how crappy a value the PS3 is

PS3 = $599.99
Sony HDMI cable = $69.99
Another controller = $49.99
Blu-Ray Remote = $24.99

so all of that adds up to (without buying warranties and using 6% sales tax) $789.66 and that's before you even have a single game. SUCH AN AWESOME DEAL!!

Stoneage_Caddy
08-02-07, 07:07 PM
they lost me when the price for a ps3 exceeded fair market value for some of the cars in gt4 ....

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 07:09 PM
In my opinion I think the 360 is the machine to have and that's why I own two of them and because they hook up so nicely to the pc !

railven
08-02-07, 07:27 PM
Wow, I sometimes hate mentioning anything about games when Blackout is around. Dude did you seriously have to break down my post point for point? I was mostly jabbing at your terrible example to explain the different physics engine in the games. You should seriously find something else to do with your ample time.

But since I'm stuck at work I might as well be a hypocrit! Haha.

Forza developers already scoffed the 360's DVD9 format. They said that the medium was to small for everything they wanted to included such as: increased damage textures, different car textures, and night/day race tracks. This came directly from a strong supporter of 360.

Also Strangehold for the PS3 the Limited Edition will bring a HD version of hard Boiled the movie it was based on. This is just one perk of extra storage capacity, granted who knows if this will be the only time this happens but its now a possibility for other developers.

As for GT5 there are tons of images floating around the internet. There is even a demo of a build. You should really look into things before you say something that is false. The game isn't just "make believe" or still on "paper," there are actual working versions already in the had of certain people. I do wish I was one of them. Oh well, I can wait for its release. And actually yeah one of my biggest enjoyments in gaming is enjoying the craftmanship put into it. I love looking at the foilage in Oblivion, or the sunsets in WoW, I love looking at the lighting when HDR was first introduced on HL2, I love looking at how water rendering has come along and how fire is starting to get the same attention. If I beat a track and already won the prize I have no problem re-racing it with a chill car just looking at the different angles. And then the replays with even more angles. So yeah I do enjoy realistic graphics in car games.

I can't understand people's complaining about Blu-Ray being in the PS3. Does it make the system more expensive? Yes. But it gives the system a second use - a Blu-Ray Player. And with all the accomplishments BluRay has made recently I don't see that as a negative thing. If BluRay wins the media format war, you think MS won't sell a BluRay add-on for the 360? I think they do. Beside that PS2 came with a DVD-Player and I bet tons of people had similar comments back then as they do now. "Does it really need it?" "Developer's don't need that much space." More space == more content be it more AI coding, more textures, uncompressed textures, uncompressed sound, higher sound rate, etc etc. I love more space. If space wasn't a issue why are we getting 1TB HDDs on the market? Why aren't people saying "Hey my 20GB HDD from four years ago is fine thank you!" In the end as our digital age gets better spacei s going to be the biggest constraint. With tetraflops and the Broadband services expanding who knows whats in store. But do games need it right now? Maybe, depending on the developer. If the developer wants to really use all that space hey at least they got it.

I keep asking myself why would anyboy buy the stupid DVD Controllers? You need a physical button that says PLAY to play a movie? I've enver bought one and never will. The 360/PS3 controllers are wireless! Why add another sort of useless accessorry to your list?

As for the whole connecting your PS3 controller to the system to "recognize it" who told you that? Since I've had my system I've only had to charge it and hook it up for updates but sicne Firmware 1.9 I don't even have to have it hooked up anymore for updates. The only thing you have to resynch is when you load a PS/PS2 game as the system loads up the PS/PS2 hardware thus considerably rebooting your PS3.

I won't Deny, and I never did, that 360 is the leading console right now. But that doesn't explain why people, ala Blackout == fanboy, rag on the PS3 so much. I'm not a big fan of the 360's game line up but I give the system its props because it has a damn good online market, of which I think sucks because I don't want to pay for half the stuff they got enough though i want it haha I'm cheap.

The PS3 isn't even a year old and people have been ragging it since it came out.

"Oh its too expensive." I remember the PS2 launched with a $300 dollar price tag. Back then you could buy a PS1 for like $80 bucks. I still bought it. If price is such an issue with technology, then people need new hobbies. Because the closer it is to pushing the edge the more its going to cost. And if anyone wants to argue hardware contents of the PS3 vs 360, anyone who says the 360 has "more cutting edge" hardware is a fanboy.

NOTE: Cutting Edge does not equal superior. From the trials of technology we've all learn that Cutting Edge can sometimes be a step back in terms of superiority.

I've been reading way too much ps3fanboy.com/xbox360fanboy.com comments. I've just about come to hate everyone who games at this point. Haha.

Either way as it stands, MY OPINION, 360 is still the console king (When they work), and PS3 has got to stop delaying shit if they ever want to prove themselves. Bastards delayed Lair. And Wii just plain sucks.

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 07:31 PM
Can the playstation network with windows ?
If not I will have an xbox for life after the 360 as I can stream my library to my 360 via media connect.
I do think though that an internal hd dvd drive would have been necessary and forza would have been a much better game with more cars and options.

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 07:36 PM
Here is the site for Gran Turismo HD not sure if this is the same site or not
http://www.granturismoworld.com/

railven
08-02-07, 07:44 PM
Can the playstation network with windows ?
If not I will have an xbox for life after the 360 as I can stream my library to my 360 via media connect.
I do think though that an internal hd dvd drive would have been necessary and forza would have been a much better game with more cars and options.

Yes the PS3 can network with Windows using a few different programs. The easiest to use is Windows Connect included in most PCs with Windows XP and Media Player 10. The only downside is that you have to put your contents in the My Documents folder but with other programs you can mirror all your content without even moving it.

So to answer your question: Yes, I stream my movies/music to my PS3 no problem. (although some formats it doesn't support but I had the same problem with the 360, thats why God made convertors.)

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 07:47 PM
I can't think of any cars that I missed in Forza. Some people may get a boner over a 5 million car list, but honestly people- do we really want to race a friggin' Honda Fit? I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week.

As far as Stranglehold? Oooh- a Blu-Ray copy of a crappy overrated OLD ASS Chow Yun Fat movie. Pass.

I was a huge Plazystation supporter until the late days of PS2, when Sony stopped doing anything innovative and just pumping out the same recycled crap with 20 more polygons in the character models. Xbox Live took gaming to the next level with a solid, lag free unified gaming network, and then MS outdid themselves with the 360's feature set (Windows streaming connectivity, Live Marketplace, Live Friends lists, etc).

This is how I look at it: With only $400 spent, I can turn on my 360 (from the controller), start downloading a new movie (instead of driving to the store) and play some Guitar Hero while it's finishing. During my game, I get an invite from a friend to play Forza, so I swap discs, play for while, then shut it off and watch my movie.

Owning a 360 kicks ass.

railven
08-02-07, 07:59 PM
I can't think of any cars that I missed in Forza. Some people may get a boner over a 5 million car list, but honestly people- do we really want to race a friggin' Honda Fit? I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week.

As far as Stranglehold? Oooh- a Blu-Ray copy of a crappy overrated OLD ASS Chow Yun Fat movie. Pass.

I was a huge Plazystation supporter until the late days of PS2, when Sony stopped doing anything innovative and just pumping out the same recycled crap with 20 more polygons in the character models. Xbox Live took gaming to the next level with a solid, lag free unified gaming network, and then MS outdid themselves with the 360's feature set (Windows streaming connectivity, Live Marketplace, Live Friends lists, etc).

This is how I look at it: With only $400 spent, I can turn on my 360 (from the controller), start downloading a new movie (instead of driving to the store) and play some Guitar Hero while it's finishing. During my game, I get an invite from a friend to play Forza, so I swap discs, play for while, then shut it off and watch my movie.

Owning a 360 kicks ass.

it is rather ironic that you say you want "Quality over Quantity" when the 360 has the most games, most units on the market, and the most defects. Just thought that was funny.

And hey I'm not saying the movie makes it a must get. I'm just saying for those arleady wanting to buy the game the inclusion of a free HD movie makes it a bit more alluring. I don't care if you don't care, hell no one probably cares. Its just an option.

And your lost in faith for Sony wasn't even Sony's doing. They didn't make all that craptacular games that littered the last few years of the PS2's life. They actually made damn good games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossues, God of War, and there is another that escapes me? If anything you should be angry at the 360 because with the third party support its getting its starting to get a nice list of craptacular games.

So you are telling me for $400 dollars you get a 360, an online Gold account, a copy of Forza 2, a copy of Guitar heroes 2, and free DVD rentals? Holy shit what bundle did you buy? Mine only came with a free month of Gold and one controller oh wait I did get a free copy of NFS: Most Wanted.

When I surf the Marketplace I have to pay for DVD downlaods and even then they are just rentals. I can do the same thing with my OnDemand box which overs a better selection and more content. I'm already paying cable sicne I have a broadband connection. So Would I rather surf the 360's limited selection or OnDemands superior selection? I don't ahve to get off the couch for either. And you might find this surprising...shhh don't tell anyone...you can turn your PS3 on from the controller too! OMG!! You can even turn it off! HOLY SHIT! Damn Sony for copying MS's innovative idea to be able to turn of a product from a wireless/RF singal. Holy CRAP! My Sharp's TV controlelr does the exact same thing..>FROM THE COUCH!!!!

This is too much I have to sit down. Making my head spin.

dwight.j.carter
08-02-07, 08:08 PM
Now lets not throw blows at the 360 for recalls if I remember correctly the ps3 has or had overheat issues as well.
It's just a matter of opinion and I personally am not buying a ps3 until gt5 and as it looks now will be a very long time.

railven
08-02-07, 08:25 PM
Most "overheating" issues people bring to examples are usually poor ventilation of the console. You wouldn't stick a computer into a small glass box would you? I don't understand why anyone would do it for a PS3/360. The PS3 doesn't have any "overheating" issues on list that would warrant a repair. The "overheating" issues are the issues that are common for any eletrical device.

The 360 does have a "overheating" issue in which warrants a repair. MS has stated it, multiple consumers have suffered from it, and plenty of 360's have been sent in for repair. Mine was sent in and it boggles me that it sits on the same open shelf that my PS3 does. It had less use then my PS3 did and yet it got damaged due to "excessive heat." A poor design in airflow and cooling will warrant a "overheating issue" but that is viable if the system overheats in a common surrounding, not a display case at Best Buy.

The 360 has heating issues and no one can deny this. The PS3 so far, from my readings, doesn't. I've read plenty of "My PS3 froze" only for the user to later point out "I have a stack of DVDs on the side of it" where one of the vents is. You cut off air flow, it will overheat.

Blackout
08-02-07, 08:39 PM
Wow, I sometimes hate mentioning anything about games when Blackout is around. Dude did you seriously have to break down my post point for point? I was mostly jabbing at your terrible example to explain the different physics engine in the games. You should seriously find something else to do with your ample time.

But since I'm stuck at work I might as well be a hypocrit! Haha.Like you had free time when you did this post i had free time earlier so who really cares. Other people besides you and myself read this and as you can see I was talking to Tony

Forza developers already scoffed the 360's DVD9 format. They said that the medium was to small for everything they wanted to included such as: increased damage textures, different car textures, and night/day race tracks. This came directly from a strong supporter of 360.Well thank god all of this didn't happen because it would just embarass GT5 even more with even more damage modeling. But either way once PGR4 comes out it will have all of that plus real time weather as well as "interior" views

Also Strangehold for the PS3 the Limited Edition will bring a HD version of hard Boiled the movie it was based on. This is just one perk of extra storage capacity, granted who knows if this will be the only time this happens but its now a possibility for other developers.Yeah PS3 can do this because it's a Blu-Ray player as well. The reason they didn't do it for the 360 is because not everybody has the HD DVD add on so they didn't bother doing it. I'm not really worried about a movie I've never even heard of not coming with the game. But while your watching that I will be downloading all the bonus stuff once GTA IV comes out

As for GT5 there are tons of images floating around the internet. There is even a demo of a build. You should really look into things before you say something that is false.Kinda like how at E3 last year all of those awesome looking videos that they were showing to be PS3 games turned out to be video burned onto Blu-Ray discs. It easy enough to say, "Look at this!" once the game actually hits the shelves and I actually play it then I will make my decision. Until then who knows whats actual in game graphics and whats dolled up video and pictures.

The game isn't just "make believe" or still on "paper," there are actual working versions already in the had of certain people. I do wish I was one of them.I wish I was one as well. But I fail to see as to wtf is taking them so long to do the same thing as they did with all the other ones. Make it look prettier, add a couple cars here and there, and use the same tracks. The game has been pushed back for over a year and still no official release date ad with E3 being long gone and Sony telling them to take their time making the game it better be the best game ever made period for as long of a time as it's taking them to make it.

Oh well, I can wait for its release. And actually yeah one of my biggest enjoyments in gaming is enjoying the craftmanship put into it. I love looking at the foilage in Oblivion, or the sunsets in WoW, I love looking at the lighting when HDR was first introduced on HL2, I love looking at how water rendering has come along and how fire is starting to get the same attention. If I beat a track and already won the prize I have no problem re-racing it with a chill car just looking at the different angles. And then the replays with even more angles. So yeah I do enjoy realistic graphics in car games.I like doing that all as well but at the same time it's just background stuff. When I'm racing I'm not going to pull over to the side of the track to admire how good the trees look. When people rate games they rate them on graphics, fun factor, replay value, etc. Sony cares more about graphics because to them graphics = better games which just isn't the case. If you want the best of the best graphics then play PC games not console games.

I can't understand people's complaining about Blu-Ray being in the PS3. Does it make the system more expensive? Yes.So you answered your own question:thumbsup:

But it gives the system a second use - a Blu-Ray Player. And with all the accomplishments BluRay has made recently I don't see that as a negative thing. If BluRay wins the media format war, you think MS won't sell a BluRay add-on for the 360?As of right now nobody is creaming anybody so this format war will be going on for quite awhile. MS backed HD DVD and their biggest rival Sony backed Blu-Ray. So do you think if HD DVD winds up winning you think Sony going to offer a HD DVD add on for the PS3?

Beside that PS2 came with a DVD-Player and I bet tons of people had similar comments back then as they do now. "Does it really need it?"The difference is DVD was the industry standard at the time. Now Sony is forcing Blu-Ray down your throat and it's not even close to being an industry standard by any means. MS gives you the DVD player with the 360. Then if you want to have the HD DVD then you can buy it. They're not forcing a format that isn't a standard down your throat like Sony is.

"Developer's don't need that much space." More space == more content be it more AI coding, more textures, uncompressed textures, uncompressed sound, higher sound rate, etc etc. I love more space. If space wasn't a issue why are we getting 1TB HDDs on the market?Because of video editing and people who play a shit ton of games on their PC's. What do you think they're going to be making 80 GB sized games or something?

Why aren't people saying "Hey my 20GB HDD from four years ago is fine thank you!"Mine is doing just fine. Hell I haven't even used half of my 20 GB HD on my laptop.

In the end as our digital age gets better spacei s going to be the biggest constraint. With tetraflops and the Broadband services expanding who knows whats in store.Oh course it is. Everything is going digital now adays and with people downloaded HD quality movies you're going to need a lot of memory to hold that.

But do games need it right now? Maybe, depending on the developer. If the developer wants to really use all that space hey at least they got it.No developer for the forseeable future is going to be making games that need a Terabyte or anywhere near close to that for a single game. Doesn't mean it won't happen eventually but not any time soon.

I keep asking myself why would anyboy buy the stupid DVD Controllers? You need a physical button that says PLAY to play a movie? I've enver bought one and never will. The 360/PS3 controllers are wireless! Why add another sort of useless accessorry to your list?When I bought my HD DVD add on it came with it for free and at the same time it's a universal remote so actually it's quite handy. So for $200 when I got my HD DVD add on I got the player, a movie, and a universal remote. Sounds like a hell of a deal to me. And now with the price being dropped to $179 it gets even better

As for the whole connecting your PS3 controller to the system to "recognize it" who told you that? Since I've had my system I've only had to charge it and hook it up for updates but sicne Firmware 1.9 I don't even have to have it hooked up anymore for updates. The only thing you have to resynch is when you load a PS/PS2 game as the system loads up the PS/PS2 hardware thus considerably rebooting your PS3.Everybody that I've talked to that owns a PS3 has told me that. When you first plug in your PS3 you have to plug the controller into the system so they sync up and they recognize each other. With the 360 you push a button on top of the controller and your done.

I won't Deny, and I never did, that 360 is the leading console right now. But that doesn't explain why people, ala Blackout == fanboy, rag on the PS3 so much.Why? Because I can. We have gone over this numerous times before and its usually you in the PS3 corner and me in the 360 corner and here we are yet again doing the same thing. So I guess that means your a PS3 fan boy then

I'm not a big fan of the 360's game line
Why is that? The PS3's lineup is damn near the same. Basically the only big time money making exclusive Sony has now is GT. MS has Final Fantasy and basically bitch slapped Sony and took GTA from right under their noses

up but I give the system its props because it has a damn good online market, of which I think sucks because I don't want to pay for half the stuff they got enough though i want it haha I'm cheap.So you being cheap means it sucks? BTW I'm just f'ing with ya

The PS3 isn't even a year old and people have been ragging it since it came out.The PS3 has been flawed since day one. It got delayed for what, the better part of a year or so. They lost their biggest exclusives, they have a shitty online setup, It has been out for all of what 9 months and they have dumped the 20 GB, 60 GB, had a price drop, and are now offering the 80 GB version, you can't play games while you download stuff (you get to watch a bar instead), it's up to the game developer if they want to include buddy lists for online play (unlike the 360 where your buddy list goes everywhere you go even when your watching movies), they have one decent game so far in Resistance (how many times can you play that), I can go on if you want. But at the same time I'm not saying the 360 is perfect by any means either but it's a much better laid out and put together system all together.

"Oh its too expensive." I remember the PS2 launched with a $300 dollar price tag. Back then you could buy a PS1 for like $80 bucks. I still bought it. If price is such an issue with technology, then people need new hobbies.Video games came out when we were children. Children today love video games more then we did back in the day hence why it is a multi billion dollar business. So how is a 12 year old kid going to afford a $600 system so he can play his favorite game in Gran Turismo? He has to rely on his parents buying it for him. And when the parents see hmm.....I can get a Wii for $250, I can get a 360 for $399 or I can get Billy this $600 system. But to get the best possible quality the parents would then have to buy Billy an HDTV as well but oh no! that $600 system doesn't come with a HDMI cable so there's another $70, and what if billy's friends want to come over and play with him? There's another $50, and billy wants GT5 and whatever else well there another $100+ for those two games. Things add up dude and not everybody is made of money like you seem to be. If I had the money I'd have a 60" 1080p HDTV with a 1000 watt surround system with the Wii, PS3, and 360. But unfortunately thats just not in the cards.

Because the closer it is to pushing the edge the more its going to cost.

"Oh its too expensive." I remember the PS2 launched with a $300 dollar price tag. Back then you could buy a PS1 for like $80 bucks. I still bought it. If price is such an issue with technology, then people need new hobbies.

I can't understand people's complaining about Blu-Ray being in the PS3. Does it make the system more expensive? Yes.Ask Nintendo about "pushing the edge" and cost. DS = less expensive then PSP yet the DS is one of the best selling systems ever made. Wii = cheapest of the current gen war and it's selling faster then any other system currently. Try going to any of your local electronic stores and try and find a Wii. Then try and find a PS3. Now I wonder which one is sold out and which one is available to buy at that store right now.

And if anyone wants to argue hardware contents of the PS3 vs 360, anyone who says the 360 has "more cutting edge" hardware is a fanboy.lol.....look up Madden 2008 and see as to why the 360 version is running more frames per second then the almighty PS3. Oh because the PS3 can't do it

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 08:59 PM
it is rather ironic that you say you want "Quality over Quantity" when the 360 has the most games, most units on the market, and the most defects. Just thought that was funny.

And hey I'm not saying the movie makes it a must get. I'm just saying for those arleady wanting to buy the game the inclusion of a free HD movie makes it a bit more alluring. I don't care if you don't care, hell no one probably cares. Its just an option.

And your lost in faith for Sony wasn't even Sony's doing. They didn't make all that craptacular games that littered the last few years of the PS2's life. They actually made damn good games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossues, God of War, and there is another that escapes me? If anything you should be angry at the 360 because with the third party support its getting its starting to get a nice list of craptacular games.

So you are telling me for $400 dollars you get a 360, an online Gold account, a copy of Forza 2, a copy of Guitar heroes 2, and free DVD rentals? Holy shit what bundle did you buy? Mine only came with a free month of Gold and one controller oh wait I did get a free copy of NFS: Most Wanted.

When I surf the Marketplace I have to pay for DVD downlaods and even then they are just rentals. I can do the same thing with my OnDemand box which overs a better selection and more content. I'm already paying cable sicne I have a broadband connection. So Would I rather surf the 360's limited selection or OnDemands superior selection? I don't ahve to get off the couch for either. And you might find this surprising...shhh don't tell anyone...you can turn your PS3 on from the controller too! OMG!! You can even turn it off! HOLY SHIT! Damn Sony for copying MS's innovative idea to be able to turn of a product from a wireless/RF singal. Holy CRAP! My Sharp's TV controlelr does the exact same thing..>FROM THE COUCH!!!!

This is too much I have to sit down. Making my head spin.

You shouldn't be up this late posting on the Internet- don't you need to be to work at Sony in a few hours?

Jonas McFeely
08-02-07, 09:08 PM
lol :crybaby:

railven
08-02-07, 09:43 PM
1, Yeah, noted with my "I'll be a hypocrit" statement.

2. How would it embarass GT5? Forza uses compression for their textures. The developers said it themselves if they could have gone without the compression their game would have been the best looking racer in the market. DVD9 bottlenecked them. If they had done it hey good for them, yet another great game to enjoy. Even so they still did a spectacular job with their resources.

3. Real time weather? Cool, will it effect the physics engine in real time? I read the PGR4 team is having a hard time with MS. MS is pushing the game for release while the team wants more time for developing. It reminds me of Halo 2. I think MS should give them the time so that they don't get another terrible texture loading issue that Halo 2 suffered from.

4. Like I stated earlier, no one cares if you want it. I don't. No one cares about who does want it. It's just another option, another would you say perk for BluRay. And the studios openly said they could have included a DVD version on the 360 version but they didn't want to affect the sales of their DVD release. Since the PS3 version will only work on a PS3 they weren't worried about it killing DVD sales. And sure I'll be watching that movie while you download that content sometime next year. But I'm not going to wait to watch it for you to download it...don't get mad.

5. Umm...What? Are you complaining about hype videos? Yeah I've seen tons of those for the original PS/PS2/XboX/insert console. They are marketing tools to create interest in a product. Just about any company uses them. Like care prototypes. Yeah sometimes the end product doesn't live up to the hype (Madden anybody? Or hell Gundam?) but hey thats what happens. Wait you thought all those games were actual game engines? Holy Crap! You should take your own advice. You openly trash GT5 without ever playing it or seening it in action (I've seen the GT:HD Demo and it looks good, not what I expected but good..love the cars). Again take that advice towards the PS3 platform itself. And don't say something like "my friend has one and the five minutes I've seen him using it is enough." I at least give a try out before I open my big mouth.

6. Game developing takes time. It isn't instant. Maybe it is taking them longer because they are redesiging the engine, ala MSG4, where it has been noted that Forza 2 is a "build off" Forza 1. They improved on what they had they didn't start from scratch. Taking a old-gen gaming and "building off" it would be stupid. It was mentioned in an article that its taking 180 man days to render each car as where in GT1/2 it only took 1 and GT3/4 it only took 20. That is a lot of time per car. So if they were to say include 200 cars thats a lot of coding/rendering. Ever hear that cliche "Rome wasn't built in a day." If you are going to bitch about time, go write Rockstar a nice letter. Oh and about Sony giving them time, kudos to Sony. Kudos to Konami for giving Hideo all the time he wanted for MSG4. Bad MS for rushing bungie and Halo 2. Bad MS for putting pressure on PGR4 to hit shelves before developing team feels its complete.

7. We obviously play differently. I enjoy gaming and its reflection of life. I guess thats what makes me a geek. I love how binary/digital numbers can transform into images and effects. Its amazing. I loved Ico/Shadow of The Colosseus because of what it did with the PS2 hardware. Those games were BEAUTIFUL (considering the hardware). Doom 3 engine, Unreal III engine, Source, etc. And I do play PC games, thank you very much! Only reason why my 360 library is so limited - I got the PC versions. And I can't wait for the PC version of Gears of War. I wonder what extra content will come out for it.

8. You are telling me you won't by a PS3 because of the price? But you warrant you spending on games, accessories, downloadable content? What kind of a gamer are you? Oh yeah I forgot, a fanboy gamer. Again I guess thats where we differe. Where I see no problem spending my money stupidly on consoles you can't. I understand that, and to the masses too.

9. DVD was not the standard format when PS2 came out. You should read about DVD and how big of a gamble it was for Sony to use it on the PS2. DVD burners weren't even in the market at the time. Hell DVD players, stand alone, went for $400+. Tell me how at all that made DVD the standard. There were other competing mediums at the time too just none as versatile as DVD. DVD won that one, and Sony is gambling that BluRay wins this one. I can understand the arguement of Sony forcing a format down your throat but they aren't either. They are offering you the ability to use your device for possible future abilities, such as the PS2 and its DVD drive did. If BluRay does win, not saying it will, Sony did a good services to its consumers and share holders.

10. Have you ever seen the size of uncompressed game textures? They are INSANE in size. RAM is the fastest accessing memory and certain games on Ultra High Settings (for PCs since consoles don't offer these options) require you to have a certain amount of RAM just to handle the bandwidth required. Using your arguement of video editting, sure it takes up space. But hell we can use compression. infact most video consumed by consumers is compressed (youtube, anything that usually streams). So there is still no open arguement for need 1TB. Outside of "I want to save all my porn!" Haha. Games have gotten bigger. When games first came out they were on floppy disks, then moved to multiple floppies, then to CDs, then to multiple CDs, then to DVD, then to multiple DVDs, if you are going to tell me they will never need soemthing bigger you are being ignorant and denying the need for either HD-DVD/BluRay and the possibilities of better bitrates outside of current gen compression. A console game doesn't work like a PC game. Console games usually don't install the meat of the game to a hard drive. So in that case each CD/DVD/BluRay/HD-DVD has to include the Engine, AI Coding, Textures, Sound files, and then the actual game point. So if its an 80GB game doesn't translate it requires 80GB of space. That could easily translate to soemthing like they need at least 10GB for the game date per disc with the remaining 70GB being the actual game story/cutscenes running off the engine. I know this is a bad example but my head hurts.

11. You haven't used close to the 20GBs on your laptop but answer this: how many times have you had to delete something off your 360's 20GB HDD to make room? And by delete I include forced delete, such as rentals that delete themselves.

12. The developers of Lair have already said they couldn't have made their game without the extra space. So your arguement is already null. There has been ad eveloper that has used more then the DVD9 format can offer. The truth is going to be that multi-platform developers are less likely to make a game bigger then a DVD9 format because they don't want to increase cost of development. So this hurts the PS3 because if X-Developer makes a game they have to make the game for the lowest common denominator (Wii if they include it, then 360 if no Wii version). So the only real people that would use the product properly would be exclusive, ala MSG4 another game that usues more then the DVD9 format can support). Hell Blue Dragon for the 360 is going to spawn 3 DVDs. So that alone is 27GBs. So again your arguement is void.

13. So you had to spend $200 for the controller? Or was it for the HD-DVD play back? Or was it for the movie? Hmmm. I got a free movie with my PS3 too, not remote but I don't need it the PS3 controller does everything for my unit and I already have a Logitech Harmony. Oh you don't so you NEED that remote, kudos to MS. They gave you a remote, for FREE!

14. Everybody that owns a PS3 either LIED to you or you are LYING to me. I can capture a movie of me sitting down turning on my PS3 from the ouch without ever having to connect the uSB cable to it. The only time I use the cabel is to charge my controller. And as I said for updates butw ith Firmware 1.9 you don't even need to do that anymore. So I'm openly calling your friends liars, or just not experienced with something they paid a lot of money for, or calling you a liar.

15. Haha I'm in the PS3 corner ebcause it seems there are rarely any people on this side. I've been on the 360 corner against PS3 fanboys. Hey you want to call me a fanboy by all means. You have that right. But remember I own both units and have experience with both units. My opinions are based on my experiences not what "my friend told me" or what I read on line. Yeah I'm a Sony fanboy because I own a Sony product and know details about it. I'm also a MS fanboy because I know the same things about the 360/Xbox. I'm also a Nintendo fanboy for the same reason. You don;t even know the basic functions of the PS3 but you feel right in trashing it. I'm willing to wager the most time you spend with a PS3 is at your friends house making fun of it. Yeah the PS3 has a shitty line up. I know this. I admit this. This doesn't spell the end for the unit. Next year this time if the system still has a shitty line up I'll probably say "Damn Sony bombed." But I'm not all Fanboyish saying "360 rulz because its awesome!!"

16. The lines are the same? WHAT? I swear you need to go the store brother. I can't get half of the 360 games on the PS3. I can barely get 1/10. The PS3 line up sucks! And those games on it suck on both PS3 and 360 (my opinion). I don't care if Icons looks better on the 360 I'm not buying it for either! Gears of War is ana wesome game and I have it. So is Lost Planet. Do I want DOA: E2!? No! Do I want Genji? NO! Haha. Do I want Quake 4 port? NO. Maybe Half Life 2 port. Actually I do want that one. To openly say that both systems, at this current moment, have the same line up is assinide. And MS didn't steal GTA away from Sony. Sony never had it exclusively you dumb ass. You could buy GTA on multiple consoles outisde of PS/PS2. I had it on the PC before anything else. Jesus your dumb. This time around Rockstar said "you know what lets make the game for both platforms and make more moeny!" And then MS said "guys here is a $50million dollar loan to make exclusive content for our system/" Rockstair said "cool" I'm sure if Sony said "guys here is our $50million for our exclusive content" rockstar would have said "sure" not "No we already signed a deal with MS."

17. And yeah me being cheap means tons of shit suck. Like gas prices. And mortgages! And pets! They all suck! And OnDemand because they don't have a HD version of The Gate. Haha.

18. Okay the PS3 didn't launch out of the gate with every feature in place, but thats how things are. The Xbox didn't launch with TV content of movie downloads. Hell it didn't even launch with the Arcade portion. You need to understand that things take time to develope. In the 9 months that it has been out Sony has improved on the system tons. Upscaling for PS1/PS2/DVD, downloading while playing a game, background downloading. Thats the problem Blackout. You don't acknowledge any of the progess the PS3 has made. Thats what makes me badge you as a fanboy. The 360 has made progress from its launch too. If you took the 360 launch unit versus the PS3 launch unit, the PS3 version would win. It didn't have blowing up PSUs. It didn't scratch discs. Regardless, thats irrelevant. Of course the PS3/360 aren't perfect because their is no definition of perfect for this consoles. But to sit there and gripe about things that have been changed makes you look fanboyish. And with Home, not out yet I understand that, you will be able to get a group of friends together and launch a game from there. It will place you in the multiplayer section ready to go. Even the 360 doesn't do that. With Home you can customize your home and show it off to friends. 360 don't do that. But thats still not out yet so I shouldn't be using it in my arguement but when it does come out then what will you say "PS3 made it available only 10 months after its launch I wanted it in day 0."

19. DUDE WTF? Do you know the age of the average gamer? 33!!! Are they children? NOOO!!! Games came out when our parents where children and its our parents that have the nostalgia of gaming, not us. We didn't grow up in the Nintendo era. We were to young to grasp the concept. We thought it was cool. We are of the SNES/SEGA era. Thats when we realized realy how cool games were. So if the average game is 33 I could see no problem with them being able to afford a new gaming unit. And they introduce it to their kids. You make it sound like you as a 12 year old bought your first gaming unit. I doubt it. Your parents got it for you. As I would get my children their first gaming unit. Dude your scenarios are retarded. My mom has an HDTV. Hell my grandmother has an HDTV. So that rules that out. And HDMI cables are not $70!!! I bought my Mom a 3FT HDMI cable for 30 bucks at Wal-Mart. The same price as a good component cable. Jesus reading this little paragraph has really irritated me. Seriously make a good arguement man. "Oh im 12 yrs old I got to buy a HDTV and a 600 system with 70 dollar cables." Have you played 360 on SD-TV? IT LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. So you need a good HD-TV for that too. Oh but you save the 30 bucks because it brings the cable. But wait mom and dad want to watch HD-DVD movies so thats $180 spent...wait sounds almost like its getting close to a PS3 price. And I'm not made of money. I learned coming from a poor background you want something you work your as for it. I'm stuck at work because of the OT i signed up to feed my addiction. I have a 52" HDTV, I have a 550Watt surround system, I have my own house, I drive a Caddy, I have all the consoles on the market and what you think mommy gave it to me (because I'm from a single parent family)? NO! I worked my ass off for it. And if someoen wants something they will earn it.

20. People who buy Wiis and DS don't buy "bleeding edge technology." They probably don't drive BMWs or Cadillacs. They probably down own +20" HDTVs. They also probably don't have Core 2 Duos yet. So what? Does that make all of those products useless and inferior? Dude seriously.

21. As far as Madden running at 30FPS it isn't Son'y fault. Jack ass read the articles. EA capped it because...they never actually say. NBA Live runs fine at 60FPS. Sgima does too. And so does Lair. If you are going to tell me that any of those games are less "frame rate" extensive then Madden you're retarded. Some rumors floating around the net point at Moore joing EA's sport division. Coincidence? Hmmm...maybe. Who knows. EA said 2008 looks like a good year for Sony. I wonder why they would say that? Hmmm.

Okay haha sorry for making this super long. I love you Blackout and our little bouts. You keep me on my toes about a subject I love. So for that, thanks!

railven
08-02-07, 09:44 PM
You shouldn't be up this late posting on the Internet- don't you need to be to work at Sony in a few hours?

LOL ROLF wow I didn't see that coming. Don't you know that at Sony we never sleep, its how we keep taking peoples money! We rock, you suck, deal with it!

WOOT!

The Tony Show
08-02-07, 09:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/cliffsnotes_yourpost.jpg

Seriously.

Blackout
08-03-07, 06:30 AM
2. How would it embarass GT5? Forza uses compression for their textures. The developers said it themselves if they could have gone without the compression their game would have been the best looking racer in the market. DVD9 bottlenecked them. If they had done it hey good for them, yet another great game to enjoy. Even so they still did a spectacular job with their resources.They did an excellent job with the game minus taking out drag racing and the up and down hill races.

3. Real time weather? Cool, will it effect the physics engine in real time? I read the PGR4 team is having a hard time with MS. MS is pushing the game for release while the team wants more time for developing. It reminds me of Halo 2. I think MS should give them the time so that they don't get another terrible texture loading issue that Halo 2 suffered from.PGR 4 features rain, fog, and snow. What I didn't know was that you'd be racing through PGR 4's ten cities on motorcycles as well. They say there will be a little over 130 vehicles to have in your garage with at least 30 motorcycles. Among the manufacturers onboard are Honda, MV Agusta, and Ducati. And yes the "original naked motorcycle" the Ducati Monster will be among the roster of bikes. There are ten types of weather in all, ranging for hot and dry to snowstorm. The weather isn't just a cosmetic addition to PGR 4. It's going to change the way your race. As it rains in Quebec, the roads will gradually get slicker and puddles will form. Since Bizarre Creations wants to keep things arcadey, you won't have to worry about wild spinouts or hydroplaning. Instead, you'll find that in heavy rain it "gets looser around the corners." You won't be saying, "Aw crap, it's raining, I better not drive fast." You'll be saying, "I am going to rack up some crazy drift Kudos."

We should warn that, while the weather will be more asset than hindrance, you will need to alter your driving somewhat based on the weather. Over time, puddles will accumulate on the track. Racing through a puddle will slow you down slightly, so you'll want to quickly spot and avoid these hazards. Timing for powersliding will also vary based on weather, since a slicker surface will mean you may need to start a drift earlier than in dry conditions.
BTW I got all of this from IGN's website.

4. Like I stated earlier, no one cares if you want it. I don't. No one cares about who does want it. It's just another option, another would you say perk for BluRay. And the studios openly said they could have included a DVD version on the 360 version but they didn't want to affect the sales of their DVD release. Since the PS3 version will only work on a PS3 they weren't worried about it killing DVD sales. And sure I'll be watching that movie while you download that content sometime next year. But I'm not going to wait to watch it for you to download it...don't get mad.Notice how they will include a Blu-Ray version but not a DVD version. Why? Because the Blu-Ray market is tiny so it wouldn't really affect sales at all, but at the same time I have yet to here anybody clamouring at the bit to buy this movie

5. Umm...What? Are you complaining about hype videos? Yeah I've seen tons of those for the original PS/PS2/XboX/insert console. They are marketing tools to create interest in a product. Just about any company uses them. Like care prototypes. Yeah sometimes the end product doesn't live up to the hype (Madden anybody? Or hell Gundam?) but hey thats what happens. Wait you thought all those games were actual game engines? Holy Crap! You should take your own advice. You openly trash GT5 without ever playing it or seening it in action (I've seen the GT:HD Demo and it looks good, not what I expected but good..love the cars). Again take that advice towards the PS3 platform itself. And don't say something like "my friend has one and the five minutes I've seen him using it is enough." I at least give a try out before I open my big mouth.I've never said that it's only this company that does it. But Sony got bagged big time last year when people ofund it that what they were seeing was just stuff burned onto a Blu-Ray disc. I've played the GT:HD demo and yeah it looked nice but other then that that was about as far as it went.

6. Game developing takes time. It isn't instant. Maybe it is taking them longer because they are redesiging the engine, ala MSG4, where it has been noted that Forza 2 is a "build off" Forza 1. They improved on what they had they didn't start from scratch. Taking a old-gen gaming and "building off" it would be stupid. It was mentioned in an article that its taking 180 man days to render each car as where in GT1/2 it only took 1 and GT3/4 it only took 20. That is a lot of time per car. So if they were to say include 200 cars thats a lot of coding/rendering. Ever hear that cliche "Rome wasn't built in a day." If you are going to bitch about time, go write Rockstar a nice letter. Oh and about Sony giving them time, kudos to Sony. Kudos to Konami for giving Hideo all the time he wanted for MSG4. Bad MS for rushing bungie and Halo 2. Bad MS for putting pressure on PGR4 to hit shelves before developing team feels its complete.The MGS series has run it's course and as usual devleopers don't know when to say enough is enough. MGS peaked at Sons of Liberty and after that nobody really cared anymore. Sure there's been big build surrounding it but even the most harcore Sony fanboy's that I have talked in person and on other forums have even admited that they could really careless about it. As for kudos for Sony for letting them take their time, yeah that fine and dandy that they want to take their time making the game look as good as possible but they're only pissing off the public by making them wait for as long as they have, kinda like how PSP owners are still waiting for that GT game to come out. There's a reason devleopers have deadlines because if they keep on pushing the release date back again and again and again then people lose interest and after to talking to people about this on multiple other forums even the biggest Sony fanboys have broke down and just bought a 360 instead because they're tired of waiting.

7. We obviously play differently. I enjoy gaming and its reflection of life. I guess thats what makes me a geek. I love how binary/digital numbers can transform into images and effects. Its amazing. I loved Ico/Shadow of The Colosseus because of what it did with the PS2 hardware. Those games were BEAUTIFUL (considering the hardware). Doom 3 engine, Unreal III engine, Source, etc. And I do play PC games, thank you very much! Only reason why my 360 library is so limited - I got the PC versions. And I can't wait for the PC version of Gears of War. I wonder what extra content will come out for it.I enjoy great looking graphics and textures as much as anybody. I love seeing beautiful cut scenes in games or opening movies to games but to me the most important askpect of gaming is overall game play itself. Sure you can have a beautilful looking game but if the game itself is boring or plays for shit then whats the point.

8. You are telling me you won't by a PS3 because of the price? But you warrant you spending on games, accessories, downloadable content? What kind of a gamer are you? Oh yeah I forgot, a fanboy gamer. Again I guess thats where we differe. Where I see no problem spending my money stupidly on consoles you can't. I understand that, and to the masses too.I won't buy a PS3 because there is not a single game at this point that is out for the PS3 that I have any interest at all of wanting to play. So basically I'd have more fun just lighting $600 on fire then buying a PS3. I alreay have my HD video player in the HD DVD add on so I couldn't even care about the Blu-Ray player. I'm not really following you on me warranting spending money on games and accessories, but when you buy a gaming machine that something you usually have to do. If you don't then you just bought an expensive paper weight. I'm happy that you stupidly spend your money on games but I have more important things to spend my money on, g/f, car, going on trips, going to see Tracy Morgan tonight at Caroline's in NYC, just to name a few things.

9. DVD was not the standard format when PS2 came out. You should read about DVD and how big of a gamble it was for Sony to use it on the PS2. DVD burners weren't even in the market at the time. Hell DVD players, stand alone, went for $400+. Tell me how at all that made DVD the standard. There were other competing mediums at the time too just none as versatile as DVD. DVD won that one, and Sony is gambling that BluRay wins this one. I can understand the arguement of Sony forcing a format down your throat but they aren't either. They are offering you the ability to use your device for possible future abilities, such as the PS2 and its DVD drive did. If BluRay does win, not saying it will, Sony did a good services to its consumers and share holders.lol WHAT!? Your saying that DVD wasn't an industry standard in 2000? So in 2000 if you wanted to watch a movie your choices were VHS or DVD. What other formats were there at the time that was the industry standard if DVD wasn't it. And Sony is forcing Blu-Ray down your throat. Hence why they will not offer a bare bones version of the PS3 minus the Blu-Ray player.

Blackout
08-03-07, 06:30 AM
10. Have you ever seen the size of uncompressed game textures? They are INSANE in size. RAM is the fastest accessing memory and certain games on Ultra High Settings (for PCs since consoles don't offer these options) require you to have a certain amount of RAM just to handle the bandwidth required. Using your arguement of video editting, sure it takes up space. But hell we can use compression. infact most video consumed by consumers is compressed (youtube, anything that usually streams). So there is still no open arguement for need 1TB. Outside of "I want to save all my porn!" Haha. Games have gotten bigger. When games first came out they were on floppy disks, then moved to multiple floppies, then to CDs, then to multiple CDs, then to DVD, then to multiple DVDs, if you are going to tell me they will never need soemthing bigger you are being ignorant and denying the need for either HD-DVD/BluRay and the possibilities of better bitrates outside of current gen compression. A console game doesn't work like a PC game. Console games usually don't install the meat of the game to a hard drive. So in that case each CD/DVD/BluRay/HD-DVD has to include the Engine, AI Coding, Textures, Sound files, and then the actual game point. So if its an 80GB game doesn't translate it requires 80GB of space. That could easily translate to soemthing like they need at least 10GB for the game date per disc with the remaining 70GB being the actual game story/cutscenes running off the engine. I know this is a bad example but my head hurts. Reading comprehension > you

No developer for the forseeable future is going to be making games that need a Terabyte or anywhere near close to that for a single game. Doesn't mean it won't happen eventually but not any time soon.

11. You haven't used close to the 20GBs on your laptop but answer this: how many times have you had to delete something off your 360's 20GB HDD to make room? And by delete I include forced delete, such as rentals that delete themselves.Honestly? Never. I still have 5 GB left on my hard drive. I download what I need not "because I have the money I'm going to download everything I can". I never download a movie on there because it's a rental. It's quicker for me to hop in the car and go to Blockbuster and pick up the movie instead of downloading it. But I do have about 5 episodes of South Park on my 360 that I downloaded.

12. The developers of Lair have already said they couldn't have made their game without the extra space. So your arguement is already null. There has been ad eveloper that has used more then the DVD9 format can offer. The truth is going to be that multi-platform developers are less likely to make a game bigger then a DVD9 format because they don't want to increase cost of development. So this hurts the PS3 because if X-Developer makes a game they have to make the game for the lowest common denominator (Wii if they include it, then 360 if no Wii version). So the only real people that would use the product properly would be exclusive, ala MSG4 another game that usues more then the DVD9 format can support). Hell Blue Dragon for the 360 is going to spawn 3 DVDs. So that alone is 27GBs. So again your arguement is void.To have an argument based off of "This game is going to need multiple discs to play" is stupid. Games have been like that since as far bac as I can remember. So why is it an issue now? Is it really that big of a strain on a person to have to get their fatass up and put in disc 2? I guess we are that lazy of a country afterall

13. So you had to spend $200 for the controller? Or was it for the HD-DVD play back? Or was it for the movie? Hmmm. I got a free movie with my PS3 too, not remote but I don't need it the PS3 controller does everything for my unit and I already have a Logitech Harmony. Oh you don't so you NEED that remote, kudos to MS. They gave you a remote, for FREE!What? Are you actually saying a HD DVD add on + a free movie + a free universal remote is a bad thing? BTW did you get that Logitech Harmony for FREE?

14. Everybody that owns a PS3 either LIED to you or you are LYING to me. I can capture a movie of me sitting down turning on my PS3 from the ouch without ever having to connect the uSB cable to it. The only time I use the cabel is to charge my controller. And as I said for updates butw ith Firmware 1.9 you don't even need to do that anymore. So I'm openly calling your friends liars, or just not experienced with something they paid a lot of money for, or calling you a liar.Your missing what I'm trying to say. You don't need to do it every time you turn your PS3 on. When you first fire it up when you take it out of the box you need to do that so the two can sync up. While with the 360 when you take it out of the box you push the button on top of the controller and it locates it wirelessly and your on your way.

15. Haha I'm in the PS3 corner ebcause it seems there are rarely any people on this side. I've been on the 360 corner against PS3 fanboys. Hey you want to call me a fanboy by all means. You have that right. But remember I own both units and have experience with both units. My opinions are based on my experiences not what "my friend told me" or what I read on line. Yeah I'm a Sony fanboy because I own a Sony product and know details about it. I'm also a MS fanboy because I know the same things about the 360/Xbox. I'm also a Nintendo fanboy for the same reason. You don;t even know the basic functions of the PS3 but you feel right in trashing it. I'm willing to wager the most time you spend with a PS3 is at your friends house making fun of it. Yeah the PS3 has a shitty line up. I know this. I admit this. This doesn't spell the end for the unit. Next year this time if the system still has a shitty line up I'll probably say "Damn Sony bombed." But I'm not all Fanboyish saying "360 rulz because its awesome!!"There's nobody on that side because everybody has given up on it! Nobody wants to spend the money on dev-kits for the PS3 because of it's tiny customer base and thats one of the reasons why it's looking like MGS4 will make it onto the 360, so that Konami can make their money back! And if you do support Sony they will turn around and sue you and i'm sure sure you know who I am talking about. I've played the PS3 a couple times and nothing about it made me think that it was worth $100 more then a 360. Hell if my memory serves me correctly I believe when the PS3 is at idle it is using siomething like 48% of its system resources at idle. Load times are ridculously long compared to the 360 (I played Fight Night Round 3 for both and there was a huge difference) an dothers have complained about this as well.

16. The lines are the same? WHAT? I swear you need to go the store brother. I can't get half of the 360 games on the PS3. I can barely get 1/10. The PS3 line up sucks! And those games on it suck on both PS3 and 360 (my opinion). I don't care if Icons looks better on the 360 I'm not buying it for either! Gears of War is ana wesome game and I have it. So is Lost Planet. Do I want DOA: E2!? No! Do I want Genji? NO! Haha. Do I want Quake 4 port? NO. Maybe Half Life 2 port. Actually I do want that one. To openly say that both systems, at this current moment, have the same line up is assinide. And MS didn't steal GTA away from Sony. Sony never had it exclusively you dumb ass. You could buy GTA on multiple consoles outisde of PS/PS2. I had it on the PC before anything else. Jesus your dumb. This time around Rockstar said "you know what lets make the game for both platforms and make more moeny!" And then MS said "guys here is a $50million dollar loan to make exclusive content for our system/" Rockstair said "cool" I'm sure if Sony said "guys here is our $50million for our exclusive content" rockstar would have said "sure" not "No we already signed a deal with MS."Ok SORRY I didn't specify that GTA was a Sony exclusive for the console! But I did find it funny when they released GTA I-III on the old X-Box and they preferred the X-Box version over the PS2 version. So lets say Sony offered Polyphony $50 million for GT5, then what? If Sony doesn't want (well actually they can't) try and fight to keep one of their best selling series and all of its exclusive content on their console then they should have. That would be like Sony offering $100 million for Halo 3 and all exclusive bonus content for the PS3 only, it just shouldn't happen.

17. And yeah me being cheap means tons of shit suck. Like gas prices. And mortgages! And pets! They all suck! And OnDemand because they don't have a HD version of The Gate. Haha.Ummmm.....ok?

18. Okay the PS3 didn't launch out of the gate with every feature in place, but thats how things are. The Xbox didn't launch with TV content of movie downloads. Hell it didn't even launch with the Arcade portion. You need to understand that things take time to develope. In the 9 months that it has been out Sony has improved on the system tons. Upscaling for PS1/PS2/DVD, downloading while playing a game, background downloading. Thats the problem Blackout. You don't acknowledge any of the progess the PS3 has made. Thats what makes me badge you as a fanboy. The 360 has made progress from its launch too. If you took the 360 launch unit versus the PS3 launch unit, the PS3 version would win. It didn't have blowing up PSUs. It didn't scratch discs. Regardless, thats irrelevant. Of course the PS3/360 aren't perfect because their is no definition of perfect for this consoles. But to sit there and gripe about things that have been changed makes you look fanboyish. And with Home, not out yet I understand that, you will be able to get a group of friends together and launch a game from there. It will place you in the multiplayer section ready to go. Even the 360 doesn't do that. With Home you can customize your home and show it off to friends. 360 don't do that. But thats still not out yet so I shouldn't be using it in my arguement but when it does come out then what will you say "PS3 made it available only 10 months after its launch I wanted it in day 0." Who cares about Home! It's like bragging about MS vision camera thing. It's a stupid thing to go "check this out!" at the end of the day neither of these has an affect on selling units or games. Hell at PS3's launch most of their games were the same games the 360 had at it's launch! yes PS3 has made strides to better itself but it can better itself all it wants but its missing the most important thing, GAMES!!!

19. DUDE WTF? Do you know the age of the average gamer? 33!!! Are they children? NOOO!!! Games came out when our parents where children and its our parents that have the nostalgia of gaming, not us. We didn't grow up in the Nintendo era. We were to young to grasp the concept. We thought it was cool. We are of the SNES/SEGA era. Thats when we realized realy how cool games were. So if the average game is 33 I could see no problem with them being able to afford a new gaming unit. And they introduce it to their kids. You make it sound like you as a 12 year old bought your first gaming unit.Actually I did. I bought my first ever gaming unit which was a Sega Genesis. The parents wouldn't buy it for me so I saved up my allowance and did extra chores, mowed lawns, etc until I could buy one. Not everybody's parents buy them whatever they want.

Dude your scenarios are retarded. My mom has an HDTV. Hell my grandmother has an HDTV. So that rules that out. And HDMI cables are not $70!!! I bought my Mom a 3FT HDMI cable for 30 bucks at Wal-Mart.Yes you can buy cheaper ones but read your PS3's warranty about HDMI cables then come back and talk to me. As for your grandmom having an HDTV thats great. My grandparents are millionaires, my parents have a $500k+ house, but yet I am the only person in the family to have an HDTV. There is such a tiny amount of tv stations diong HD formatted TV that if you don't own a HD video player or a gaming console then it's next to useless to have. My dad is waiting until all channels go HD before he drops that kinda money for an HDTV.

The same price as a good component cable. Jesus reading this little paragraph has really irritated me. Seriously make a good arguement man. "Oh im 12 yrs old I got to buy a HDTV and a 600 system with 70 dollar cables." Have you played 360 on SD-TV? IT LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE.EXACTLY! Why do you think I got rid o fmy SD-TV? Because playing my current gen 360 looked like shit so I upgraded to a HDTV. If I didn't own a 360 I'd still have my SD-TV. It would be like buying a Ferrari Enzo and putting in a Honda Civic motor. It's just retarded.

Oh but you save the 30 bucks because it brings the cable.You paid $600 for your PS3 and it didn't come with that "$30" wire while I paid $100 less and got it. nuff said

But wait mom and dad want to watch HD-DVD movies so thats $180 spent...wait sounds almost like its getting close to a PS3 price.Yes it is but that is why it is optional!

I can't finish this now because I have to get to work

railven
08-03-07, 07:21 AM
They did an excellent job with the game minus taking out drag racing and the up and down hill races.

Why did they take those features out?

PGR 4 features rain, fog, and snow. What I didn't know was that you'd be racing through PGR 4's ten cities on motorcycles as well. They say there will be a little over 130 vehicles to have in your garage with at least 30 motorcycles. Among the manufacturers onboard are Honda, MV Agusta, and Ducati. And yes the "original naked motorcycle" the Ducati Monster will be among the roster of bikes. There are ten types of weather in all, ranging for hot and dry to snowstorm. The weather isn't just a cosmetic addition to PGR 4. It's going to change the way your race. As it rains in Quebec, the roads will gradually get slicker and puddles will form. Since Bizarre Creations wants to keep things arcadey, you won't have to worry about wild spinouts or hydroplaning. Instead, you'll find that in heavy rain it "gets looser around the corners." You won't be saying, "Aw crap, it's raining, I better not drive fast." You'll be saying, "I am going to rack up some crazy drift Kudos."

PGR4 sounds like a great game. I love all the work they are putting into it, but it can all get messed up if MS doesn't let the developers finish their work as they wish instead of rushing it out for the Holiday Season.

Notice how they will include a Blu-Ray version but not a DVD version. Why? Because the Blu-Ray market is tiny so it wouldn't really affect sales at all, but at the same time I have yet to here anybody clamouring at the bit to buy this movie

I think its funny how you keep saying the BluRay market is so tiny and that the product isn't selling. Four major US retailers have decided to sell only BluRayer players while one retailer has decided to only sell BluRay Movies. BluRay outsells HD-DVD six to one in terms of hardware. In movies I believe it was eight to one. BluRay movies are starting to cost less then HD-DVD movies (ala 300 $25 BluRay, $30 HD-DVD). BluRay isn't a tiny market. The movie studio behind Hard Boiled said since it only plays on the PS3, thus not even a standalone BluRay player, they have no fear of it eating DVD sales. They could have done it with the 360 but they feared "cannabilizing" their DVD sales. Don't worry MS worked it out and you will be able to get it on Live in HD, price not mentioned yet.

Anyways, YES the movie isn't a selling point but what you fail to understand is that it comes with the game. People who just want that game say "hey free movie" like you clamour about your free remote. Its a perk. And in the future, possibly, other developers can say "Hey this game is a based on so and so lets include a movie of it too," or something like that.

I've never said that it's only this company that does it. But Sony got bagged big time last year when people ofund it that what they were seeing was just stuff burned onto a Blu-Ray disc. I've played the GT:HD demo and yeah it looked nice but other then that that was about as far as it went.

Sony got bagged for what? You mean Sony or its third party developers? I never read anything in terms of Sony because of their E3 trailers. Killzone 2 looks amazingly close to the trailer. Lair did too. So did Heavenly Sword. So you're telling me you don't remember MS photoshopping pictures to get interest on the Xbox first launch? Or EA's Madden 07 trailer that when the game came out looked nothing close to it? Oh yeah, you only focus on when it happens to Sony...I wonder why?

The MGS series has run it's course and as usual devleopers don't know when to say enough is enough. MGS peaked at Sons of Liberty and after that nobody really cared anymore. Sure there's been big build surrounding it but even the most harcore Sony fanboy's that I have talked in person and on other forums have even admited that they could really careless about it. As for kudos for Sony for letting them take their time, yeah that fine and dandy that they want to take their time making the game look as good as possible but they're only pissing off the public by making them wait for as long as they have, kinda like how PSP owners are still waiting for that GT game to come out. There's a reason devleopers have deadlines because if they keep on pushing the release date back again and again and again then people lose interest and after to talking to people about this on multiple other forums even the biggest Sony fanboys have broke down and just bought a 360 instead because they're tired of waiting.

WHAT? Haha. MGS is so "run its course" that 360 fans got pissed when Hideo said the game would be PS3 exclusive. If you are going to tell me MSG4 is nothing but an over the top game then I'm going to say this "if the game came out on 360 you'd be all over it." In fact I remember in another post you mentioned the possible 360 rumor.

I agree with you on delaying stuff. I said that as one of my rants against Sony. But I understand developing time for games, as I coded one in college. Sometimes you just need extra time. Now how much time is too much time? That various on the target audience. In my case my professor gave me extra time and he commented "you used that time very well." Creating a game is an extensive project and the better you want it to be the closer you look at your code. Whatever, the game has been delayed it seems almost as long as GT4 was but GT4 still sold amazingly well considering the time between it and GT3. So in the end a good product will sell. That is why we talk about Gears of War, GTA-series, God of War, etc. Those games took more time to make then the average cookie-cutter game. I bought a 360 for Gears of War because I love the Unreal III engine. But in the end the game was rather disappointment. And since I don't multiplayer unless a friend tags it just sits there - but thats my style of playing.

I enjoy great looking graphics and textures as much as anybody. I love seeing beautiful cut scenes in games or opening movies to games but to me the most important askpect of gaming is overall game play itself. Sure you can have a beautilful looking game but if the game itself is boring or plays for shit then whats the point.

Ummm yeah whats the point of the majority of games on any consoles shelf? We only remember the iconic games. Half Life, GT-Series, Forza, etc. Because those developers took the time to make a product that was and still is amazing.

I won't buy a PS3 because there is not a single game at this point that is out for the PS3 that I have any interest at all of wanting to play. So basically I'd have more fun just lighting $600 on fire then buying a PS3. I alreay have my HD video player in the HD DVD add on so I couldn't even care about the Blu-Ray player. I'm not really following you on me warranting spending money on games and accessories, but when you buy a gaming machine that something you usually have to do. If you don't then you just bought an expensive paper weight. I'm happy that you stupidly spend your money on games but I have more important things to spend my money on, g/f, car, going on trips, going to see Tracy Morgan tonight at Caroline's in NYC, just to name a few things.

You don't see any negativety from your comment? Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm, but to say you'd have more fun burning $600 then buying a PS3 is rather...you know. If you don't merit the desire for a PS3 now thats fine. You have a damn good arguement, lack of decent games. Hell with the recent price cut I sort of said "**** why didn't I wait," but in the end I'm collect these stupid things so I needed a first run unit. But you aren't just saying "The PS3 doesn't have good games so I won't buy it." You go and say "The system is total crap and Sony is going to lose this console war." The PS3 has thus far sold more units then the 360 did in the same time. And the 360 had no open competition. The PS3 has to compete agains tthe 360 and the Wii, but still it has sold more units then the 360 did at this point in their launch timelines.

lol WHAT!? Your saying that DVD wasn't an industry standard in 2000? So in 2000 if you wanted to watch a movie your choices were VHS or DVD. What other formats were there at the time that was the industry standard if DVD wasn't it. And Sony is forcing Blu-Ray down your throat. Hence why they will not offer a bare bones version of the PS3 minus the Blu-Ray player.

Yeah. DVD was launched in 1997. Consumers didn't see DVD products until mid 1998. Standards just don't happen over time. Consumers have to buy the products, companies have to see probable profits. Why did DVD players still cost over $400+ in 2000? because they were still not standard. When something is a "standard" it is safe to assume more then 50% of the population has it. I remember the only people I knew in high school who owned a DVD player turned out to be a PS2. And DVD movies back then cost $30+. Up until about a year ago they still cost $30+. But now with competeing formats they can drive their price down. DVD didn't become a standard I'll say until 2001/2002. When any normal range income family could go into Sears/Wal-Mart and buy it. If you are going to say it was the standard back then I can say HD-DVD/BluRay is the standard now, as it has similar prices as DVD did back then. Competeing formats for DVD were various compression codecs that would fit on a CD-ROM. The quality was on par with VHS and it would fit a movie, but no extra features. Also LaserDisc which was basically a gigantic CD. My uncle has one. I remember watching it and it was better then cable, but the things were HUGE. Haha those wouldn't sell in the market.

Sony doesn't want to sell a barebone system because they developed BluRay. They want BluRay to win. And by getting BluRay in as many houses as possible they have a better chance. That is why BluRay is currently outselling HD-DVD. I've talked a few co-workers into buying a PS3 just on the BluRay playback feature. They wanted a new next-gen video player. I showed them their options and note this is before the HD-DVD price drop (not the add-on the actual standalone unit). So they had to pick between a $450 dollar HD-DVD player, a $550 BluRay Player, and a $600 dollar PS3. I listed a few of the PS3 features over the standalone players and they liked it. Mostly the "you can stream pictures, songs, and movies from your PC with this unit." They liked how the PS3 at the time came with the 5-BluRay movies.
It should probably be noted my co-workers wouldn't really scoff at a $150 difference. They make more money then me (bastards!).

I lost my train of thought haha.

railven
08-03-07, 08:12 AM
Reading comprehension > you

Honestly? Never. I still have 5 GB left on my hard drive. I download what I need not "because I have the money I'm going to download everything I can". I never download a movie on there because it's a rental. It's quicker for me to hop in the car and go to Blockbuster and pick up the movie instead of downloading it. But I do have about 5 episodes of South Park on my 360 that I downloaded.

To have an argument based off of "This game is going to need multiple discs to play" is stupid. Games have been like that since as far bac as I can remember. So why is it an issue now? Is it really that big of a strain on a person to have to get their fatass up and put in disc 2? I guess we are that lazy of a country afterall

What? Are you actually saying a HD DVD add on + a free movie + a free universal remote is a bad thing? BTW did you get that Logitech Harmony for FREE?

Your missing what I'm trying to say. You don't need to do it every time you turn your PS3 on. When you first fire it up when you take it out of the box you need to do that so the two can sync up. While with the 360 when you take it out of the box you push the button on top of the controller and it locates it wirelessly and your on your way.

There's nobody on that side because everybody has given up on it! Nobody wants to spend the money on dev-kits for the PS3 because of it's tiny customer base and thats one of the reasons why it's looking like MGS4 will make it onto the 360, so that Konami can make their money back! And if you do support Sony they will turn around and sue you and i'm sure sure you know who I am talking about. I've played the PS3 a couple times and nothing about it made me think that it was worth $100 more then a 360. Hell if my memory serves me correctly I believe when the PS3 is at idle it is using siomething like 48% of its system resources at idle. Load times are ridculously long compared to the 360 (I played Fight Night Round 3 for both and there was a huge difference) an dothers have complained about this as well.

Ok SORRY I didn't specify that GTA was a Sony exclusive for the console! But I did find it funny when they released GTA I-III on the old X-Box and they preferred the X-Box version over the PS2 version. So lets say Sony offered Polyphony $50 million for GT5, then what? If Sony doesn't want (well actually they can't) try and fight to keep one of their best selling series and all of its exclusive content on their console then they should have. That would be like Sony offering $100 million for Halo 3 and all exclusive bonus content for the PS3 only, it just shouldn't happen.

Ummmm.....ok?

Who cares about Home! It's like bragging about MS vision camera thing. It's a stupid thing to go "check this out!" at the end of the day neither of these has an affect on selling units or games. Hell at PS3's launch most of their games were the same games the 360 had at it's launch! yes PS3 has made strides to better itself but it can better itself all it wants but its missing the most important thing, GAMES!!!

Actually I did. I bought my first ever gaming unit which was a Sega Genesis. The parents wouldn't buy it for me so I saved up my allowance and did extra chores, mowed lawns, etc until I could buy one. Not everybody's parents buy them whatever they want.
Yes you can buy cheaper ones but read your PS3's warranty about HDMI cables then come back and talk to me. As for your grandmom having an HDTV thats great. My grandparents are millionaires, my parents have a $500k+ house, but yet I am the only person in the family to have an HDTV. There is such a tiny amount of tv stations diong HD formatted TV that if you don't own a HD video player or a gaming console then it's next to useless to have. My dad is waiting until all channels go HD before he drops that kinda money for an HDTV.
EXACTLY! Why do you think I got rid o fmy SD-TV? Because playing my current gen 360 looked like shit so I upgraded to a HDTV. If I didn't own a 360 I'd still have my SD-TV. It would be like buying a Ferrari Enzo and putting in a Honda Civic motor. It's just retarded.
You paid $600 for your PS3 and it didn't come with that "$30" wire while I paid $100 less and got it. nuff said
Yes it is but that is why it is optional!

I can't finish this now because I have to get to work

Oh dammit! Typed it all up for nothing. Lost it. Haha. Oh well.

I'm out Blackout, you can carry on the fight without me. I'm on VACATION! Bday is on Monday wooot wooooooot!!!!

Take care guys and remember: Sony rules!!!!!11111!!111

Blackout
08-03-07, 08:52 AM
Well in the end all I gotta say is one thing about your Sony loving ass.......Happy Birthday and enjoy vacation! BTW that was sarcasm and not to be taken seriously ;)

dwight.j.carter
08-03-07, 01:55 PM
yes happy birthday buddy and why not own both then you have the best.

dwight.j.carter
08-03-07, 01:59 PM
Bottom line is I think Microsoft and Sony are screwing us all.
My wii is lower cost games and Nintendo machines always hold up well. Not to mention the wii is a hell of alot of fun.

Blackout
08-03-07, 03:40 PM
Why did they take those features out?To tell you the truth, I have no idea. But it sucks because it was always fun getting a bunch of friends online and everybody picking their own car that they hooked up and drag racing each other. But of course you wouuld have to use the car as a manual and not an automatic. Made for some great racing!

PGR4 sounds like a great game. I love all the work they are putting into it, but it can all get messed up if MS doesn't let the developers finish their work as they wish instead of rushing it out for the Holiday Season.I loved PGR3 and this one sounds like it's going to be even better with more tracks, more cars, now bikes, and dynamic weather. But at the sametime the more stuff you add in the more there is a chance stuff could get messed up. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess with the handling of cars in the game and just update the graphics as well as adding in this new stuff.

Sony got bagged for what?I can't find the info right now. But supposedly what the issue was was at last years E3 show Sony was saying how they were all ready to go and everything was about to be on sale and somebody caught on camera a picture of a PS3 that froze and the rep ejecting the tray and the game video that was being showed that they were saying was the final product and what not turned out to be a burned disc instead. If I have some free time I will try and find the pic or story about it.

WHAT? Haha. MGS is so "run its course" that 360 fans got pissed when Hideo said the game would be PS3 exclusive.I think 360 fans wanted the game just to be able to laugh at the Sony fans saying we even have MGS now! But I'm not saying there still aren't people out there that are in love with the game but with the Rainbow Six games, and those type of games the MGS games just aren't as big of a deal as it was when it came out originally on PS1. I absolutely loved the first one and still love it and think of it as probably the best game I have ever played on the PS1. When I bought my PS2 the first games I got were GT3 and MGS Sons of liberty. GT3 was great but MGS i got bored with real quick. I dunno why and can't explain it, I thought it just wasn't inventive like the first one and didn't bring anything new to the table besides better graphics and I felt it was short as hell. After that I stopped really caring about the series and after talking with people over the years it seems that they have that impression as well.

If you are going to tell me MSG4 is nothing but an over the top game then I'm going to say this "if the game came out on 360 you'd be all over it." In fact I remember in another post you mentioned the possible 360 rumor.It was rumored that it might come out on 360 and possibly even PC if i remember correctly but nothing was mentioned about it at E3 but at the same time that doesn't mean it still isn't out of the equation yet. But as of right now it is a PS3 exclusive.

I agree with you on delaying stuff. I said that as one of my rants against Sony. But I understand developing time for games, as I coded one in college. Sometimes you just need extra time. Now how much time is too much time? That various on the target audience. In my case my professor gave me extra time and he commented "you used that time very well." Creating a game is an extensive project and the better you want it to be the closer you look at your code. Whatever, the game has been delayed it seems almost as long as GT4 was but GT4 still sold amazingly well considering the time between it and GT3. So in the end a good product will sell. That is why we talk about Gears of War, GTA-series, God of War, etc. Those games took more time to make then the average cookie-cutter game. I bought a 360 for Gears of War because I love the Unreal III engine. But in the end the game was rather disappointment. And since I don't multiplayer unless a friend tags it just sits there - but thats my style of playing.That's pretty damn cool that you coded a game(s). Did you guys actually complete a game in this class or was it just something for you guys to do to learn coding? as for delays I'm sure you have heard the latest with GTA IV. If not it got delayed until at least 2nd quarter of next year. WORST NEWS I HAVE HEARD THIS WEEK! (besides the bridge collapsing in MN which is horrible). But did you actually like GT4? I felt really ripped off by it. I was so psyched up when I got it and my play time for the game was 2 1/2 hours and I never touched it again. To me it was a polished up GT3 game more then a new game to me at least. Now that left a big time bad taste in my mouth. The game that saved me from totally going ape shit with my PS2 was GTA Vice City. I could play that game all day long without thinking twice.

You don't see any negativety from your comment? Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm, but to say you'd have more fun burning $600 then buying a PS3 is rather...you know. If you don't merit the desire for a PS3 now thats fine. You have a damn good arguement, lack of decent games. Hell with the recent price cut I sort of said "**** why didn't I wait," but in the end I'm collect these stupid things so I needed a first run unit. But you aren't just saying "The PS3 doesn't have good games so I won't buy it." You go and say "The system is total crap and Sony is going to lose this console war." The PS3 has thus far sold more units then the 360 did in the same time. And the 360 had no open competition. The PS3 has to compete agains tthe 360 and the Wii, but still it has sold more units then the 360 did at this point in their launch timelines.I was just kidding around about burning the $600. To me there is nothing that I need/want with the system but like they say, different strokes for different folks. I hope Sony didn't shoot themselves in the foot by any means with the PS3 because if the PS3 did fail (not saying it will, just using this as an example) then it would be MS versus Nintendo, BORING! I want Sony to stay in the game so it forces MS to make better and better stuff because if Sony just packs it in and calls it quits then it's only going to hurt us as the consumers the most.

If you are going to say it was the standard back then I can say HD-DVD/BluRay is the standard nowThe main reason I would say DVD was the standard was because that was the beginning of the digital age and VHS was slowly but surely being phased out. Once the current standard starts getting phased out then basically your looking at the beginning of the new age of standard movies which would be DVD since those other formats were a joke at best. I remember watching Laser Discs in school and everytime my teacher popped one out I started laughing because it was so damn huge and it didnt have that much better of a picture then a VHS tape so it's like WTF do I need this huge ass disc for for a picture that is barely any better. I think the thing that put DVD over the top was special features, multiple camera angles, and the ability to setup the sound output for what you had as well as having the ability for subtitles or foreign languages.

Sony doesn't want to sell a barebone system because they developed BluRay. They want BluRay to win. And by getting BluRay in as many houses as possible they have a better chance. That is why BluRay is currently outselling HD-DVD.Everytime I hear this I always go back to what I tell my friend just to bust his balls. He will say how BluRay is outselling HD DVD and I laugh and say "Well there has to be something to do with that $600 PS3 you bought since there isn't any games to play on it". I'd be interested to see as to how well BluRay movie sales will do once PS3 starts pickign up steam and more desireable games start coming out because I wonder if I am actually right on some level. But that new Toshiba HD DVD stand alone player is looking mighty nice with the upscaling of regular DVD's and all. But I have an HD DVD player already so oh well. But they have been pushing that player with the dude from Soprano's big time. It seems like everytime I watch TV I see it at least once. That seems to be the biggest issue with HD DVD, I never ever see commercials or anything for it while I do see BluRay commercials. Its like they don't want to advertise this product or something. BTW my HD DVD copy of 300 just came in from amazon today. i can't wait to watch it! Also the reason why the HD DVD version ofo 300 costs more then the BluRay version is because it's a dual format disc. One side is HD DVD and the other is regular DVD. Thats been my only beef with some HD DVD movies so far is why do I have to pay $10 more for a dual format disc if I just want the HD version? If I wanted the DVD version then I'd buy the DVD version. But at the sametime that could also help HD DVD out as well because as far as I know only HD DVD can do that dual format setup since BluRay uses a totally different diode, but I could be wrong on that so don't hold me to it.

I've talked a few co-workers into buying a PS3 just on the BluRay playback feature. They wanted a new next-gen video player. I showed them their options and note this is before the HD-DVD price drop (not the add-on the actual standalone unit). So they had to pick between a $450 dollar HD-DVD player, a $550 BluRay Player, and a $600 dollar PS3. I listed a few of the PS3 features over the standalone players and they liked it. Mostly the "you can stream pictures, songs, and movies from your PC with this unit." They liked how the PS3 at the time came with the 5-BluRay movies.
It should probably be noted my co-workers wouldn't really scoff at a $150 difference. They make more money then me (bastards!).Thats my thing. If I had the money I'd own all 3 new consoles right now. But when your actually on a budget you gotta make a choice. I didn't want the Wii because your basically rebuying a Xbox or PS2 since it has the same graphic quality and the motion sensor novelty would wear off real quick and after talking to some owners of the Wii that seems to be the jist. Then there was the 360. I loved the PGR series, Halo series, and Forza so those were it's main selling points for me and at the time PS3 wasn't out yet and all my friends had 360's so I went with that because we could all play together online. But once the PS3 came out and I played around with it I just couldn't see as to what made it worth more then the 360. The controllers are tiny and it felt like I was going to break the damn things, the load times were ridculously long, the launch title games were nothing more then redone 360 launch games but with some little added thing here or there, and the Sixxaxis thing seemed kinda odd when i was messing with it as well but I guess you just have to get used to it. If it wasn't for the BluRay player bumping the cost up so high I may have thought about getting one but I just don't see why I'd dump the money for it when most of the game seires I liked on the PS1 and 2 were going to be available on the 360 as well. BTW I am not a MS fanboy. Would a MS fanboy buy a PSP last friday and 5 games and be playing it non stop since!? lol. I'm addicted to the new Ratchet and Clank game and Tiger Woods 08. I also have Race Driver 2006, EA Replay (13 old school games on one disc. It has Mutant League football and Road Rash I-III. NUFF SAID!) and I also picked up Ace Combat. I have yet to even play it because I'm too busy with Tiger Woods and Ratchet and Clank

Jonas McFeely
08-03-07, 05:55 PM
You guys = LOL

gothicaleigh
08-04-07, 10:18 AM
Whee! Another 360 versus PS3 thread!

Just to add some fuel to this fire:

WHAT!? I bought my Premium bundle for $400 and it comes with the HDTV wire. You pay $600 for the PS3 but OH NOES!!!! No HDMI cable, so there's another $60 on top of it.

The PS3 is currently cheaper than the Xbox 360.
The 60gb PS3 can be had for $349 through Sonystyle.
Here's how:
http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/08/60gb-ps3-for-349.html

And And I don't think anybody will be making 60GB games ummmm..........ever

Never assume where technology will take us.

There may be no need to fill 60gb yet, but we are already hitting the wall on 8gb DVD capacities.

Just ask the developers of the new Project Gotham Racing game: "You won’t see different times of day per city because this involves recreating all the textures again (one for day and one for night). Whilst this wasn’t a problem for our dev team, it was a problem fitting all this data onto a single DVD."

Blackout
08-04-07, 10:26 AM
Whee! Another 360 versus PS3 thread!

Just to add some fuel to this fire:

The PS3 is currently cheaper than the Xbox 360.
The 60gb PS3 can be had for $349 through Sonystyle.
Here's how:
http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/08/60gb-ps3-for-349.html
All of that just to save $50? BTW the reason they are probably doing this is because they are dumping the 60GB model so they probably just want to get rid of the damn things so that your stuck with only the 80GB models now

Never assume where technology will take us.

There may be no need to fill 60gb yet, but we are already hitting the wall on 8gb DVD capacities.

Just ask the developers of the new Project Gotham Racing game: "You won’t see different times of day per city because this involves recreating all the textures again (one for day and one for night). Whilst this wasn’t a problem for our dev team, it was a problem fitting all this data onto a single DVD."
I worded that wrong. I shouldn't have said never, I should have said not in the forseeable future. No development team is going to put that much R & D time into a game.

gothicaleigh
08-04-07, 10:32 AM
All of that just to save $50? BTW the reason they are probably doing this is because they are dumping the 60GB model so they probably just want to get rid of the damn things so that your stuck with only the 80GB models now

If that makes you feel better, sure, that's why they're doing it.
It's still a 60gb PS3 for $349.

I worded that wrong. I shouldn't have said never, I should have said not in the forseeable future. No development team is going to put that much R & D time into a game.

The point is that we are already seeing games hitting the 8gb DVD ceiling. That's a limitation that the PS3 has a built-in way around with Blu-Ray.

Rockstar has also announced that they plan on bringing a new franchise to the PS3 that will take advantage of the Blu-Ray capacity.

Blackout
08-04-07, 10:56 AM
If that makes you feel better, sure, that's why they're doing it.
It's still a 60gb PS3 for $349.I could really careless why they're doing it but either way to save $50 you gotta apply for a credit card then you gotta do this and then do that. But either way you save $50 but still at the end your saving $50 and your still left with a console with nothing to play on it. If you want to save $50 for a PS3 then go on ebay or craigslist and find someone selling a used one. It's better then having to sign up for a credit card

The point is that we are already seeing games hitting the 8gb DVD ceiling. That's a limitation that the PS3 has a built-in way around with Blu-Ray.Like I said earlier ok you have a game that fills up an entire DVD disc. Now these are your options as a company. We can either use a new disc that is using a totally different setup then what we have been using for the past 10 years or so so that we can put all of the game on a single disc but there is a risk factor in that this media format could fail and all this money we dumped into buying the equipment to make these games for that format is useless, OR, we can put the game on two DVD discs! WTF is everybody's hold up with putting a game on two discs? Is it really that much of a burden to get half way through the game or whatever and you have to get up and pop in disc 2? We have been doing it for years and nobody's said anything but all of a sudden now it's this huge issue and people are basing that on their decision to buy this console over that.

Rockstar has also announced that they plan on bringing a new franchise to the PS3 that will take advantage of the Blu-Ray capacity.
Yeah I was reading up on that and thats great for Sony. Hopefully this new franchise will be able to make some kick ass games and boost Sony's sales. But Rockstar is taking a big gamble with this because to date the reason why there aren't more games out for the PS3 is the dev kits are so expensive and the consumer base isn't all that big so companys are weary of dropping that kinda money for the dev kit and are worried about making their money back and turning a profit as well. Also I've heard that companies don't like making games for the PS3 because it's more of a pain in the ass to make them versus the 360 and Wii. But hopefully this new franchise shows us what the PS3 can do because so far it's nothing more then a more expensive 360 when it comes to graphics

railven
08-04-07, 11:25 AM
I could really careless why they're doing it but either way to save $50 you gotta apply for a credit card then you gotta do this and then do that. But either way you save $50 but still at the end your saving $50 and your still left with a console with nothing to play on it. If you want to save $50 for a PS3 then go on ebay or craigslist and find someone selling a used one. It's better then having to sign up for a credit card

Hey baby! I'm a bit tipsy (OMG its only Saturday and and not even noon!) haha so hopefully I get this right. It isn't just $50. You are saving $150 dollars in the end versus buying normally. Hell I did that for my first HDTV. I signed up for a store credit card for the 20% off. I had the cash. So I just went home, got my card in the mail, went online and paid it off. Just had to sign an extra piece of paper but saving 20% off a $1.8K HDTV was worth it! But that depends on the consumer too. I'm the guy that bought a 360 Premium. The next week they had bundled versions at the Best Buy so I went home repacked my system and returned it for a new one just to get a free game. Haha I'm that cheap. So if when I bought my PS3 Best Buy said "Get a Best Buy Card now and you get 2 free games and a controller" I'd be "sign me up!"

Haha.

Like I said earlier ok you have a game that fills up an entire DVD disc. Now these are your options as a company. We can either use a new disc that is using a totally different setup then what we have been using for the past 10 years or so so that we can put all of the game on a single disc but there is a risk factor in that this media format could fail and all this money we dumped into buying the equipment to make these games for that format is useless, OR, we can put the game on two DVD discs! WTF is everybody's hold up with putting a game on two discs? Is it really that much of a burden to get half way through the game or whatever and you have to get up and pop in disc 2? We have been doing it for years and nobody's said anything but all of a sudden now it's this huge issue and people are basing that on their decision to buy this console over that.

This is one of the subjects I have a hard time explaining to other people, including you. Yes DVD9 currently is adequate for gaming developers. But why should it be? With games starting to focus on increased texture quality (just look at Bitmapping now versus 2/4/6 years ago) it isn't a penalty. So developers focusing on making a PS3 game will in the end have better options in terms of memory allocation.

Game developers already bought the PS3 Dev Kits. It isn't like they buy it more then once (not counting revisions and different kits all together). So if they have it them not using it to its potentional is a waste of their initial investment.

DVD9 will not be going anywhere, I give it 2 more years actually haha personally. Once developers start to understand better how to use the PS3 hardware and dev kits better games will come around.

Yeah I was reading up on that and thats great for Sony. Hopefully this new franchise will be able to make some kick ass games and boost Sony's sales. But Rockstar is taking a big gamble with this because to date the reason why there aren't more games out for the PS3 is the dev kits are so expensive and the consumer base isn't all that big so companys are weary of dropping that kinda money for the dev kit and are worried about making their money back and turning a profit as well. Also I've heard that companies don't like making games for the PS3 because it's more of a pain in the ass to make them versus the 360 and Wii. But hopefully this new franchise shows us what the PS3 can do because so far it's nothing more then a more expensive 360 when it comes to graphics

Don't forget:
360 Dev Kit == Xbox Dev Kit (With better hardware) and its been on the market for 2 years so naturally it would be easier to code for.
Wii Dev Kit == Gamecube Dev Kit (with new features) and its hasn't changed at all from the articles I read so Wii should honestly have the biggest library at this moment, but who knows.
PS3 != PS2 Dev Kit as in the went with a third party GPU, nVidia, and thus their old graphical codings aren't the same.

I'm still left with a sour taste in this gen's war. Like I said most 360 games that I would want I already got for PC and frankly they handle on it better, most Wii games feel to juvenile when I play them, and PS3 has done absolutely jack to merit all the talk they been spewing.

September looks like a good month for PS3, I can't wait for freaking Mario Galaxy, and 360 doesn't have anyhting still yet that I can't get for PC (oh that I want). At least 360 has Castlevania: SOtN to keep me company! (BUT **** IT WAS ON THE ELITE HDD...sigh...) Oh wait.

Can I redownload games? I could just hook up my Premium. Man i love that game.

Haha.

railven
08-04-07, 11:27 AM
Wait wait this is wat I wanted to say:

DVD9 VS BluRay:

As a developer if one offering has the option to give you extra space would you use it? Or would you say "Nah I don't need it."

I know most Dev Teams always complain about space. When coding games you must remember the lowest denominator and if its DVD9 that will causes deveopers probably to not even try to get extra content on the BluRay. So in the end one could justify the BluRay not being needed if the developers themselves choose not to use it.

But eventually it will be needed and I still stick to my in 2 yrs or so. When People start realizing how beautiful and important HD is to their lives, I sound like a sales man!

Haha.

Okay back to drinking...wooot wooot.

railven
08-04-07, 11:46 AM
Wait, I forgot Halo 3o for 360!!!

WOOOOTTT!!!

So I better get my damn Elite back in working order before that game lunches!

EDIT: Speakin of broken Elites, MS has new websit to help:

http://service.xbox.com/

Goota find my registration info and sign up.

Blackout
08-04-07, 02:25 PM
Hey baby! I'm a bit tipsy (OMG its only Saturday and and not even noon!) haha so hopefully I get this right. It isn't just $50. You are saving $150 dollars in the end versus buying normally. Hell I did that for my first HDTV. I signed up for a store credit card for the 20% off. I had the cash. So I just went home, got my card in the mail, went online and paid it off. Just had to sign an extra piece of paper but saving 20% off a $1.8K HDTV was worth it! But that depends on the consumer too. I'm the guy that bought a 360 Premium. The next week they had bundled versions at the Best Buy so I went home repacked my system and returned it for a new one just to get a free game. Haha I'm that cheap. So if when I bought my PS3 Best Buy said "Get a Best Buy Card now and you get 2 free games and a controller" I'd be "sign me up!"

Haha.

This is one of the subjects I have a hard time explaining to other people, including you. Yes DVD9 currently is adequate for gaming developers. But why should it be? With games starting to focus on increased texture quality (just look at Bitmapping now versus 2/4/6 years ago) it isn't a penalty. So developers focusing on making a PS3 game will in the end have better options in terms of memory allocation.

Game developers already bought the PS3 Dev Kits. It isn't like they buy it more then once (not counting revisions and different kits all together). So if they have it them not using it to its potentional is a waste of their initial investment.

DVD9 will not be going anywhere, I give it 2 more years actually haha personally. Once developers start to understand better how to use the PS3 hardware and dev kits better games will come around.

Don't forget:
360 Dev Kit == Xbox Dev Kit (With better hardware) and its been on the market for 2 years so naturally it would be easier to code for.
Wii Dev Kit == Gamecube Dev Kit (with new features) and its hasn't changed at all from the articles I read so Wii should honestly have the biggest library at this moment, but who knows.
PS3 != PS2 Dev Kit as in the went with a third party GPU, nVidia, and thus their old graphical codings aren't the same.

I'm still left with a sour taste in this gen's war. Like I said most 360 games that I would want I already got for PC and frankly they handle on it better, most Wii games feel to juvenile when I play them, and PS3 has done absolutely jack to merit all the talk they been spewing.

September looks like a good month for PS3, I can't wait for freaking Mario Galaxy, and 360 doesn't have anyhting still yet that I can't get for PC (oh that I want).I wish I could remember crap like this when I am drunk. I wish my buddy didn't delete that video he had of a New Years Eve party at my buddies house and me and one of my friends were so hammered we thought we were playing Mario Party on Gamecube but we were sitting there with PS2 controllers watching the demo screen when you don't push the start button at the title screen and we thought that was us playing.

At least 360 has Castlevania: SOtN to keep me company! (BUT **** IT WAS ON THE ELITE HDD...sigh...) Oh wait.

Can I redownload games? I could just hook up my Premium. Man i love that game.

Haha.So when you bring your 360 to MS for warranty work you have to send in your HDD with it as well? That F'ing sucks. But to answer your question, yes you can redownload everything that you already have once you restore your screen name or whatever it's called since the Elite was the latest console that you were using your screen name on. It's nice going to my buddies house and he's too cheap to buy any of the Live Arcade games and we both love Worms and I already bought it for my screen name. So when I go to his place and we want to play I just sign in under my screen name and redownload it and we play

Jonas McFeely
08-04-07, 03:39 PM
I havnt played either of them.

PS3 is better.

Ha.

gothicaleigh
08-04-07, 07:16 PM
I havnt played either of them.
PS3 is better.
Ha.

No 360 is, n00b. :p
We like our game systems like Blackout likes his cars.
Cheaper and with less options.

<ducks and runs>

...and the Wii is the correct choice this generation.