: Driver's mirror vibration

n7don_srx
07-31-07, 07:56 AM
I've noticed the driver's outside mirror has a noticeable vibration that starts around 70 mph. Passenger side is OK. Anyone have similar experience?

z06bigbird
07-31-07, 08:09 AM
Hit a pothole with right front wheel. Both mirrors will then vibrate for you.

n7don_srx
07-31-07, 08:38 AM
Hit a pothole with right front wheel. Both mirrors will then vibrate for you.

Happens on a newly paved, relatively smooth, rubberized asphalt road.

z06bigbird
07-31-07, 08:59 AM
Happens on a newly paved, relatively smooth, rubberized asphalt road.

I am wondering if one of your tires/wheels need re-balancing. Worth a shot??

Tom Wheeler
08-02-07, 12:08 PM
My 07 left mirror has had vbration since day one, you can feel that this mirror assembly within its mount is loose as compaired to the right mirror. I'm taking to the dealer for it's first free oil change, I will have them check it at that time.

Tom

n7don_srx
08-02-07, 06:53 PM
My 07 left mirror has had vbration since day one, you can feel that this mirror assembly within its mount is loose as compaired to the right mirror. I'm taking to the dealer for it's first free oil change, I will have them check it at that time.

Tom

That's what I noticed too. It's not enough of a nuisance to make a special trip but will combine with another dealer visit. Be interested in what the "fix" is.

ALPINESRX
09-04-07, 01:57 AM
Just picked up an 07 last week and noticed the driver's mirror doing what you described. Kind of odd as the passenger side was steady. Curious what the dealer will do to correct. Other than the small cubby above glove compartment not wanting to open, it was the only flaw I noticed in my 1600 mile drive home after picking up the car.

Micky4
09-17-07, 08:52 PM
Just picked up an 07 with the same issue, just the driver side, passenger is fine as mentioned previously. Anyone had this fixed?

ALPINESRX
10-17-07, 12:30 AM
Hello all,
Took my SRX in and after ordering it in, they replaced the entire driver's mirror assembly. It came in color matched as well so no need to paint. Can't see any vibration in the new mirror but time will tell. Hopefully other dealerships will repair in the same fashion.

Tom Wheeler
10-17-07, 10:35 AM
When I took my 07 in for the timing chain replacement, they also replaced the driver's mirror as well. I think it is a good fix because the the first one vibrated from day one.

Tom