: CONFIRMED! Tiburon replacement to be RWD with possible V8

Blackout
07-30-07, 07:07 PM
Quite interesting indeed.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/30/confirmed-hyundai-making-tiburon-replacement-rwd/

Lord Cadillac
07-30-07, 08:09 PM
I doubt they won't put the v8 in. It would make little sense to not have the option. The current model is actually very comfortable inside.. They're quick, too..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-07, 08:10 PM
Eat that Toyota. :p :stirpot:

Blackout
07-30-07, 08:14 PM
I doubt they won't put the v8 in. It would make little sense to not have the option. The current model is actually very comfortable inside.. They're quick, too..

Basically. They spent all this R&D on this engine to be N/A or support F/I as well as future technologies as they put it so you may as well get your moneys worth and put it in every damn thing. Imagine a RWD Hyundai Accent with a turbo charged V8 option.........I think I just creamed my pants

Jonas McFeely
07-30-07, 09:09 PM
Wow , Hyundai is really stepping up here. This is really cool.

JimmyH
07-30-07, 11:19 PM
speaking of stepping up, i wonder how long before Hyundai starts their luxury division

illumina
07-31-07, 12:35 AM
Not a Hyundai fan by any stretch, but an 8 cylinder Tiburon might just change the tides in 4 cylinder import racing...

Jonas McFeely
07-31-07, 11:34 AM
speaking of stepping up, i wonder how long before Hyundai starts their luxury division

I was thinking the same thing.

Toyota - Lexus
Nissan - Infiniti
Honda - Acura

Hyundai - ?

Blackout
07-31-07, 12:50 PM

Toyota - Lexus
Nissan - Infiniti
Honda - Acura

Hyundai - ?

Hyundai was rumored to be looking to buy Jaguar but that was a couple months ago. I dunno if anything has happened since then

Lord Cadillac
07-31-07, 12:53 PM
Imagine Hyundai bought Jaguar? heh!

Anyway. If this new Hyundai engine is really 340hp with the built-in ability to be supercharged or turbocharged, it'll have a more powerful engine than most Cadillacs have...

JimmyH
07-31-07, 01:37 PM

Toyota - Lexus
Nissan - Infiniti
Honda - Acura

Hyundai - ?

didnt Mazda have one too, briefly? or were they just talkin bout it and never happened?

Blackout
07-31-07, 02:55 PM
Imagine Hyundai bought Jaguar? heh!

Anyway. If this new Hyundai engine is really 340hp with the built-in ability to be supercharged or turbocharged, it'll have a more powerful engine than most Cadillacs have...
Have they released the numbers for the V8 yet? Because back when it was introduced Hyundai was tight lipped about it's numbers and would only say that it was well over 300 hp. Watch Hyundai is going to be the worlds largest auto maker within the next decade lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-07, 03:04 PM
Yeah, Mazda gave thought to starting one called "Amati" but the plans fell through. The Millenia was supposed to be Amati's car, but it turned out to be Mazda's flagship.