: New Member 1972 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

fatalbert
04-13-04, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I have owned my 1972 Eldorado for two years, and have nothing but fun. I am looking for someone familiar with the 70's model cadillacs. I am having an intermittent problem with acceleration. It happens only once in a while. I will be accelerating and at 30-40mph (no tach) it begins to hesitate like it wants to stall, if I let off the gas and re-accelerate it usually clears the problem. Every now and again letting off the gas does not help and upon re-acceleration the car stalls. I then have to wait 10-15 minutes until I can get it started again. I have already had the carb re-built, new fuel pump, all fuels lines are OK, and all new fuel filters. The problem occured before these fixes and after. I cannot figure out if it is fuel or electrical? Can someone help?

CADDYBLACK99
04-13-04, 05:20 PM
Welcome Al!

Thanks for joining the forum. 72' Eldo is one of my favorites. If you want I will redirect this post to the eldo section or you could repost your problem there. I will monitor to see if you get some hits here, if not I will redirect later tonite. When you get a chance post some pictures, I' love to see it.
:welcome:
Paul

fatalbert
05-07-04, 02:22 PM
Been away for awhile, I will try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days. I think I may found my problem, there is no sock on the fuel sending unit along with a fuel tank that is rusted. I ordered a new sending unit, original GM boxed along with getting my tank coated in PVC with a lifetime guarantee.

76 Eldo
12-21-08, 04:41 PM
I know it has been awhile, but did that fix your problem? I am having the exact same problem with my '76 Eldo, and it has a clean tank, new fuel lines, etc. Only happens sporadically once the car is warmed up.

I thought it might be a carb float problem, so I replaced that (and float valve), and nothing changed.

A similar post replaced the plugs/wires and that seemed to fix their problem.

Help?