: Got pulled over in the FTS last night

Blackout
07-29-07, 02:17 PM
But the worst part was I wasn't even doing anything! But I was leaving the bar last night and I was heading home and I pull onto Route 1 and a cop comes flying up behind me and throws on his lights. So I was like GREAT! so I pulled over and the cop comes walking up asking me for my license only and then asks, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" and I was like, "To tell you the truth I don't know why you pulled me over" and then the guy hands me back my license and says the reason why I pulled you over Mr. Donovan is because I wanted to check out your awesome car. Me = WHEW!!! so there we are at 1:24 am on the side of Route 1 checking out the FTS and showing him whats under the hood. The guy was in love with the car but all in all it was actually kinda fun more then anything. Just thought I'd share about my interesting ride home last night

CadillacSTS42005
07-29-07, 02:18 PM
flipin sweet!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-07, 12:20 AM
Sweet! It seems as though this happens a lot to Fleetwood owners.

Spyder
07-30-07, 01:40 AM
I dunno...that would probably irritate me if I got pulled over and had my paperwork run just so a cop could check out my ride... What would be his excuse if he ran your papers and found something wrong, then had to come up with why he had pulled you over? I don't like it...unwillful detainment without cause.

The Tony Show
07-30-07, 10:43 AM
^ Ditto.

I like getting attention with my car, but don't need the increased blood pressure from getting pulled over to go along with it.

Spyder
07-30-07, 11:36 AM
Yea...I mean, I always like having my car admired at a gas station or a parking lot or having people wave at me as I drive by...but being pulled over and inspected, against my will, is a bit excessive I think. I mean, imagine you're driving along and some yahoo in a '67 Ford truck starts flashing his lights at you and honking and hollering out the window. Are you gonna stop? Are you going to think "maybe this guy wants to check out my car" or are you going to think he's a crazy a-hole and out run his silly ass.

I understand its a compliment but I don't like it.

pabstcadillac
07-30-07, 11:40 AM
In agreement w/ Spyder & The Tony Show. :alchi: Maybe I'm becoming more cynical & skeptical as I get older. :alchi:

Benzilla
07-30-07, 06:13 PM
I must say I agree. Can't stand cops messing with me. That's another example of them abusing their rights. I mean, you don't just disrupt some poor SOB's entire night just to say 'hey, sweet car'. Nobody likes to get pulled over, I'd be pissed.

But that's just me. I don't get along with cops.

99esteees
07-30-07, 06:39 PM
I'll be he was also checking to see if he could smell alcohol.

Blackout
07-30-07, 07:04 PM
I'll be he was also checking to see if he could smell alcohol.

That's the main thing I was worried about but thank god I only had one beer. But either way to me it's no harm so no foul. The guy was cool the whole time and getting pulled over just to be complimented on the car I think it kinda cool (maybe it's because everytime I've gotten pulled over before I knew I f'd up) now if he started giving me shit then I'd have an issue

96Fleetwood
07-30-07, 07:19 PM
Glad it was nothing to worry about.

Take care of "the precious"

Blackout
07-30-07, 07:45 PM
Glad it was nothing to worry about.

Take care of "the precious"

I'm trying my best to take care of her. I'm going to start driving my beater 1995 Taurus GL to work instead of the FTS to keep the mileage down on her. And i'm hoping and praying that with my birthday coming up I get one of two things

1. the Baer brake upgrade kit
2. Money to go towards purchasing the Baer brake upgrade kit.

I'n not used to driving such a big car and I've come to realize that the brakes and rotors for these cars are VERY under sized and I think I may be startin to warp the rotors so screw that! I want to go big time so I don't have to think twice about smacking the brakes if the time arises

96Fleetwood
07-30-07, 08:18 PM
The Baer kit is nice, but after talking to a couple of guys that AutoX their Impala SS vehicles, they are not worth it.

One of them runs C5 brakes up front and the others just went with a performance rotor and pads... but they have the advantage of rear discs.

Personally, I upgraded my rotors & pads in the front, put heavy duty drums in the rear, and put synthetic race fluid. It stops on a dime now. Eventually I will put in a set of rear discs from a Impala SS when I find the time.

My only complaint is the severe increase in brake dust, but oh well.

Blackout
07-30-07, 08:24 PM
The Baer kit is nice, but after talking to a couple of guys that AutoX their Impala SS vehicles, they are not worth it.

One of them runs C5 brakes up front and the others just went with a performance rotor and pads... but they have the advantage of rear discs.

Personally, I upgraded my rotors & pads in the front, put heavy duty drums in the rear, and put synthetic race fluid. It stops on a dime now. Eventually I will put in a set of rear discs from a Impala SS when I find the time.

My only complaint is the severe increase in brake dust, but oh well.
I'm not looking to AutoX the car I'm sure they work just fine for daily driving. But yeah having drums in the back blows.

Spyder
07-30-07, 10:35 PM
Yea, nothing happened this time. But imagine if you HAD had three beers instead of one. He pulls you over to check out the car, with no legitimate reason for detaining you. You end up in jail.

Nope. Not right, nor fair. If he would have said "I pulled you over because you were going x miles per hour over the speed limit or because your license plate light is out or because you didn't signal, that'd be different. Admitting that he had no reason whatsoever to detain you would not be ok with me.