: Goodbye SRX.....hello Buick Enclave!!

Smokin' SRX
07-29-07, 10:55 AM
Dear members, it is with a heavy heart I say farewell, as we just spotted and leased an '08 Buick Enclave! it wasn't planned but we saw our local GMC Buick, Caddilac dealer never could keep them in stock, and when we were told 4-5 mos. wait to order, we said OK, .........next year!

Well we saw one 80 miles from our home last Wed and dropped in. The dealer wanted OVER sticker MSRP, so we walked away. It was just a whim after all! Our SRX was due in feb, '08.

Next day , phone rings and they will now discount MSRP by 2% (big deal!) , but also pick up 6 months of my remaining SRX Smart Buy deal! Actually Caddy is doing 4 mos. and they ate 2 mos! We went for it!

$44K was cost agreed for lease basis. MSRP 44,900. Payments are $699 mo/39 mos. w/ $2500 total (including 1st month payment!) entry cost, including GM $695 fee, tax, dealer crap etc!
We love it!

Bigger than SRX, less power (275 ponies VS 320 ) heavier by 450 pounds, rides unbeleivable w/optional 19" wheels, handles 90% as good w/o the Caddy's Mag ride, despite being higher/longer by a couple inches, has all power everything , except pedals!
Love the rear camera, SWIVELING HEADLITES, and 7 passenger seating for Adults! Super quiet ride! Also softer by 25% than my SRX.
Look for me @ Buickforums.com (same Admin. as this site I beleive!)

I will check in often to hear you guys/gals and wish you all a God Bless and many thx for all the great tips/help!!:) Stay well!

TSS
07-29-07, 12:34 PM
Enjoy it. The new GM Lansing built utes are superb!

robhersch
07-29-07, 05:49 PM
Smokey,
Keep us informed on how the big-guy performs vs your former SRX (was it a N*V8 or a 6); we will listen carefully.
Good luck.

Smokin' SRX
07-29-07, 06:35 PM
Smokey,
Keep us informed on how the big-guy performs vs your former SRX (was it a N*V8 or a 6); we will listen carefully.
Good luck.

WILL DO! MANY THX , AND I HAD THE N* W/ AWD.

b4z
07-29-07, 08:02 PM
Enjoy your Lambda.

I have decided that they are not for me and will stick with the lighter and sportier SRX. I will be leasing a '07 Ultraview, rear air, base V6.
About $350 over invoice - 2750 cap cost reduction. GM is making 4 of my 7 payments. SC sales tax is only $300 so I am cutting the dealer a $4395 check, then I am cutting a seperate $1605 check to GMAC, some of it I'll get back due to rent charge savings. I am also making the first mo.s payment of...................................$367.00!!!!!! !

For the money I don't think you can beat a SRX.

When the lambdas get more power I think they will sell even better than they are now, and probably take away sales from the GMT900s.

I just wish that GM offered the rear camera and bluetooth on the SRX.

Smokin' SRX
07-29-07, 08:14 PM
Enjoy your Lambda.

I have decided that they are not for me and will stick with the lighter and sportier SRX. I will be leasing a '07 Ultraview, rear air, base V6.
About $350 over invoice - 2750 cap cost reduction. GM is making 4 of my 7 payments. SC sales tax is only $300 so I am cutting the dealer a $4395 check, then I am cutting a seperate $1605 check to GMAC, some of it I'll get back due to rent charge savings. I am also making the first mo.s payment of...................................$367.00!!!!!! !

For the money I don't think you can beat a SRX.

When the lambdas get more power I think they will sell even better than they are now, and probably take away sales from the GMT900s.

I just wish that GM offered the rear camera and bluetooth on the SRX.

Wow, that's a good deal. I think I mentioned I pay about $700 a month on the Enclave but only $1800. down, ( oh, and I forgot Conquwest $1,000, and $1,050 in GM points! Sorry!) no extra tax....nothing else! And they ate 2 payments on the SRX for $545 each. I had a beautiful GM sponsered 3.1 % interest rate on the '04 SRX !!!! NOW....8.9%. OUCH!

I could've gotten the car for $500 over invoice.........next April!!!! but we fell in love! I miss the SRX as it was a head-turning , sweet ride!

The camera does need to be added. Power fold mirrors too! But love that SRX!
Enjoy and best of luck w/ it!!

PS .... V-8 is coming in '09/10 !!!!

b4z
07-29-07, 08:24 PM
Definitely power folding mirrors. I have a bout an inch or two on either side of our garage door.

DVC-Don
07-30-07, 05:50 AM
Funny this came up here. The wife saw an Enclave recently and mentioned wanting to look at it next spring to replace her SRX.

Wind Breaker
07-30-07, 09:35 AM
I'm so glad we got rid of our SRX - it was such a lemon! !

TSS
07-31-07, 08:58 AM
My SRX was a great vehicle. To each his own.

Smokin' SRX
07-31-07, 09:46 AM
I'm so glad we got rid of our SRX - it was such a lemon! !

Any vehicle can be a lemon. Sorry you were the "lucky" one! Even the much touted Toyota has recalled their NEW big Tundra truck (V-8) due to camshafts snapping!!! Imagine? My neighbor is so sorry he passed up a GMC Sierra @ $5K less!
We miss our fast, good-looking, nicely optioned SRX, but LOVE the Buick Enclave @ 510 miles so far! Wish it had power pedals, but can live w/ the power telescoping/tilting steering wheel & mirrors :bouncy:

Stay in touch guys! Look for me at Buickforums.com
Hope they are as great a bunch as you guys/gals!!

Wind Breaker
07-31-07, 09:59 AM
Don't get me wrong on the SRX. . . 'mine' just happen to be a lemon. Loved it the first few months, but then one problem after another starting with the Ultraview roof, then it started spending more time at the shop than on the road. Cadillac tried to make it up to me with free oil changes and even a replacement vehicle. If I took them up on a replacement SRX and the Ultraview shattered on us, that would've been the straw that would've broken the camels back. What made it awkward is that my step dad, who's been selling Cadillacs for fifty years sold it to us.

I'm happy as can be with my GMC 2500HD Duramax truck.

donjumpsuit
07-31-07, 12:59 PM
Your lucky you even got offered a replacement vehicle. My question if you were so deadpanned about the SRX being a lemon. WHY GO GM AGAIN? It seems to be a lapse of reason.

afg350ci
08-06-07, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the new Enclave. Definitely a different animal than the SRX. I think the lambdas are great vehicles. I just don't need the third row. I prefer a smaller CUV that's RWD. Unfortunately, when it comes time to replace my current SRX, Cadillac will have likely cancelled the SRX completely in favor of FWD BRX. Now, I did just read about a recently anounced Saab 9-7x Aero that comes with the 6.0L V8. It's a Trailblazer SS with a nicer interior. I have an undying devotion to buying American, so I'm a bit hesitant to be driving something that's not blantantly red, white, and blue. Only real car buffs know that Saab is owned by GM, that the 9-7x is built in the US off of the Trailblazer platform, and that the engine is all Chevy. What do you guys think?