: Back from Vegas...a few thoughts

Rolex
07-28-07, 04:14 PM
1. Don't ever take more money then you intend to lose.
2. Leave your ATM card at home.
3. Bring good walking shoes.
4. You'll never win that OCC Chopper no matter how many $20 bills you feed that machine. :bigroll:

The trip was fun. Didn't lose too much money. There was only one "event" the whole week though. When we took off on our 0600 flight back I noticed after only a couple of minutes in the air that the plane wasn't "acting right." I woke my wife up (she falls asleep the second the landing gear come up) and told her I thought the plane was literally "going down." The pilot turned back toward Vegas airport and they announced we were making an emergency landing and should stand by for an emergency evacuation. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Now, on the outside I was as cool as the other side of the pillow. On the inside however I was :bonkers::crying2::suspense::bulging::shocked: freaking out.

Turns out there was only a small fire in the rear engine of the plane. :tard: So thought #5:

5. I hate flying. :rolleyes:

urbanski
07-28-07, 05:23 PM
glad ur safe :)

RightTurn
07-28-07, 05:29 PM
:yeah: :yup:

Krashed989
07-28-07, 06:23 PM
Holy crap, that's scary! I'm glad everyone's ok!

Boombotz
07-28-07, 06:25 PM
You don't want to sit next to me on a plane. I enjoy turbulance and hope for it. Expecially when the plane drops a few thousand feet in a couple of seconds. While I tell the person next to me where going down. where going to crash, while I have a smile on my face from ear to ear.:bouncy:

LS1Mike
07-28-07, 09:19 PM
Glad you are safe, I hate flying too and I spent 8 years going to sea on Submarines. I had a similar experience on a jet at Newark airport years ago, I have to get all liquored up before I get on a plane, ... I once had a lady ask if I was a nervous flyer and I said "yes" She talked about how she had thearpy to get over being afraid of flying. She asked how could I go on a submarine and not a plane.
I said "Lady there are more planes at the bottom of the ocean then there are iSubmarines in the Sky" She was silent the rest of the flight...
Back on topic sorry Rolex
I love VEGAS!
Sounds like you had fun while on the ground anyway...You are right about money you don't want to lose!

When I first got out of the Navy the Bellagio offered me a job fixing Slot machines. It paid well for Vegas, but I would have been drunk, broke and divorced if I had taken that job.
Man I wish I had taken it, the wife was dead set against it...

JC316
07-28-07, 09:31 PM
Hotter than hell there too. I was just there on vacation. I actually came out with $30 ahead of what I brought.

Spyder
07-28-07, 09:35 PM
"...it was just a small fire in the engine..."

Rolex
07-28-07, 10:38 PM
"...it was just a small fire in the engine..."

The next two planes I got on I was seated in the exit row. ;)

Bat Guano
07-29-07, 08:38 AM
I just got back from Vegas also. Thank God I didn't have the same experience with the flight.
Glad you guys are OK.

pabstcadillac
07-29-07, 11:50 AM
Glad you're safe. As for addressing 1-4, it's summed up here "Vegas wasn't built on winners" - G. Kivi (Only hardcore gamers, friends & people in Sun Lakes will know his name).