: why do people do this????????

CaddyshackCadillac
07-28-07, 04:05 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403731

maybe its just me but i think it looks horrible specially since its already a rare find then they jack it all up and lift it .......makes it looks silly

Benzilla
07-28-07, 04:15 PM
We may never know. Every time I ask one of them, they just get all stupid and say I'm a hater, then start insulting my car because it doesn't look like a ghetto monster truck.

It takes a special kind of person... we all know what kind.

One time I asked a guy if he really thought his candy lime green & tan '78 Sedan DeVille on 26's looked classy. He responded it was "ghetto classy".....

.....W T F.
:bananasplit:

ReagansRollsRoyce
07-28-07, 04:16 PM
no taste. no class. that's why.

CaddyshackCadillac
07-28-07, 04:24 PM
lol ghetto classy whater that is the goodfellaz car is real sharp theres another one on ebay as we speak i just saw with a partially rusted rear bumper the rest looked mint had that saddlebag tan interior real nice car...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-DTS-COUPE-CADILLAC-COUPE-DEVILLE-PHAETON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6146QQihZ011QQi temZ320139728583QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

dkozloski
07-28-07, 04:27 PM
Somebody has to be the perfect example of a friggin idiot.

Jonas McFeely
07-28-07, 04:28 PM
No way, you guys are all haters. :mediumbanana:

Benzilla
07-28-07, 04:40 PM
lol ghetto classy whater that is the goodfellaz car is real sharp theres another one on ebay as we speak i just saw with a partially rusted rear bumper the rest looked mint had that saddlebag tan interior real nice car...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-DTS-COUPE-CADILLAC-COUPE-DEVILLE-PHAETON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6146QQihZ011QQi temZ320139728583QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Thanks, not sure of you caught it, but mine is in the paint shop right now getting the last 28 years buffed off. I'll update when it's done.

I saw that on eBay, nice looking car in general but they originally wanted too much and never gave a straight answer on the mileage.

CaddyshackCadillac
07-28-07, 04:49 PM
yea i noticed that the mileage was kinda messed up there completely trying to sell it on the goodfellaz theme alone ...im gonna chk out a 1980 coupe deville tomorrow the guy wants a g with no keys ill throw em 6 call a locksmith and see if she fires up.....hopefully it fires and i can save some dough and drive her home....if anyone knows where i can find a cheap decent condition coupe let me know.......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-28-07, 05:07 PM
We may never know. Every time I ask one of them, they just get all stupid and say I'm a hater, then start insulting my car because it doesn't look like a ghetto monster truck.

A perfect example of pure jealousy. Next time they say that reply back with a "ok, then how come Cadillac didn't design them to look like that when they were new?"

Then they'll shut up.

Jonas McFeely
07-28-07, 05:20 PM
A perfect example of pure jealousy. Next time they say that reply back with a "ok, then how come Cadillac didn't design them to look like that when they were new?"

Then they'll shut up.

Doubt it

CaddyshackCadillac
07-28-07, 05:29 PM
yea the response would be cuz they aint got enuff imagination to do it .....thats why i like this site because it is for more purists of the caddy ....the most change i might do is put a set of 20's on it but every thing else would remain intact ive seen ones that were gutted in favor of fiberglass dashboards and consoles it looks like shit to me just let me keep the woodgrain and im str8......

Highway Star
07-28-07, 05:38 PM
This is just my opinion and is by no means a scientific explanation, but I think it comes from having a diseased monkey brain.

Cadillacboy
07-28-07, 05:41 PM
I reckong those kinda guys want like to have other people talk about their shit :thepan:

93DevilleUSMC
07-28-07, 10:20 PM
:hitstick::bang2::gun2::brutal::boom:

dkozloski
07-28-07, 11:21 PM
It's whatever pisses off their old man. It's whatever pisses off the establishment. It's being different just to be different. It's saying rediculous things for shock value. It's the same stuff the young bucks have been doing for a million years. It's life. The irony is that they all think they're doing something new.

CaddyshackCadillac
07-28-07, 11:44 PM
its just the newest fad to hit the hiphop industry and car industry give it 2 yrs and thatr guy gonna wish he never spent 35,000 dollars just to do that to his car it looks completely foolish and wastful specially such a mint looking caddy in the first place......

Wheelman322
07-29-07, 05:34 AM
IDK...Same reason people hang themselves while masturbating. Tired of plain old meat and potatoes.:nik:

pompste
07-29-07, 12:21 PM

maybe its just me but i think it looks horrible specially since its already a rare find then they jack it all up and lift it .......makes it looks silly

I think it looks BIZARRE.I love the Classic Caddy look,personally.

Any respectable psychologist will tell you the reason "people do this" is really quite simple.The reason people do these bizarre-freaky looking modifications to Cadillacs is because "they are starved for ATTENTION"---THEY WANT PEOPLE LOOKING AT THEM FOR SOMETHING.
There`s no doubt when anyone has a Cadillac jacked up as a monster truck would be------people will look at them and that`s what they`re really after--the attention.

CaddyshackCadillac
07-29-07, 12:32 PM
yea i hear that i agree that the caddy itself is a tremendous looking car paint is sweet everything looks good about then BLAMMM jacked up 16 inches

Jonas McFeely
07-29-07, 03:12 PM
That thing is sick.

It has a supercharged LT1 in it.

I think the lift is a bit too high, but if he could make the wheels fit up in the wells nice that car would be really cool.

Whats wrong with attention? Youre a liar if you say you dont like attention. Its human nature. Some just like more than others.

Destroyer
07-29-07, 07:54 PM
Awwww man, that thing was for sale like last year on Ebay. It was NOT lifted, it was real nice and low w/black 20" wheels. I would have loved that car the way it was then, now I'd have to undo all the damage. Here's a video I saved of it back then: http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z251/AstrocreepVIII/?action=view&current=6bb6b435.flv

305Caddy
08-03-07, 11:29 PM
:jawdrop:Oh my god I just jizzed all over the place!!!!!!!!
That Ghetto monster truck is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im not a big fan of all jacked up but monster power:beavis:, Big rims:beavis:, and king kong in my trunk is so me............

Thats a great thing about America he likes what he likes you like what you like and I like what I like and no one can tell us not to:usflag:

DopeStar 156
08-04-07, 12:56 AM
"ghetto classy"

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-07, 01:02 AM
I saw my first real life donk last night...it was a late '80s Grand Marquis with flames painted down the side. I LOL'ed at it the whole time. I think the driver was either drunk or almost asleep judging by how he was veering down the lanes and doin 25 in a 55.

Wheelman322
08-04-07, 02:42 AM
I saw my first real life donk last night...it was a late '80s Grand Marquis with flames painted down the side. I LOL'ed at it the whole time. I think the driver was either drunk or almost asleep judging by how he was veering down the lanes and doin 25 in a 55.
No he wasn't drunk. That's just how these ridiculous pieces of sh*t drive. It's hard enough for a poorly maintained 23 y/o car to track straight...And than these rejects add 26" wheels and a truck suspension w/o ever touching the front end.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-07, 09:47 AM
Haha, I'd love to have one come into work complaining that it pulls to the left.

z06bigbird
08-04-07, 01:26 PM

Flood car???

Highway Star
08-04-07, 03:19 PM
Yikes, this mania is all explained on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donk_(automobile)

Excuse me...I'm gonna go jump off a cliff now...:bonkers: