: 99 STS in Distress

Caddyshack100
07-27-07, 09:18 PM
I have an interesting problem, coming off the freeway the other day, my 99 STS went into a power dive, I would press the go pedal and it would totally bog down. I ran the codes on the spot and came up with four ( P202, 203, 205 and 207. I ran the diagnostic on my scanner when I got home and found that it was the fuel injector circuits and all four were tied together from one fuse, inj #2, I checked that fuse and it was blown. I checked for short circuits and found nothing, replaced the fuse and it blew again, my chart says to run a fuel injector coil test which I cannot do at the moment, my question is, Does anybody have any ideas as to what caused this fuse to blow?

Cheers, ps I hope this is the right forum

CASTOR TROY
07-27-07, 09:39 PM
did you make sure your flux capacitor has 1.21 jiggawatts???:thumbsup:

AJxtcman
07-27-07, 09:43 PM
I have an interesting problem, coming off the freeway the other day, my 99 STS went into a power dive, I would press the go pedal and it would totally bog down. I ran the codes on the spot and came up with four ( P202, 203, 205 and 207. I ran the diagnostic on my scanner when I got home and found that it was the fuel injector circuits and all four were tied together from one fuse, inj #2, I checked that fuse and it was blown. I checked for short circuits and found nothing, replaced the fuse and it blew again, my chart says to run a fuel injector coil test which I cannot do at the moment, my question is, Does anybody have any ideas as to what caused this fuse to blow?

Cheers, ps I hope this is the right forum

A short in the feed circuit. Pull the engine sight cover and inspect the injector harness. you may find a feed wire pinched under the sight cover.

fubar569
07-28-07, 12:44 AM
did you make sure your flux capacitor has 1.21 jiggawatts???:thumbsup:

and you gotta fill mr fusion too! dont forget the barbie hoverboard and your sports almanac mang...:thumbsup:

im goin with AJ on this one...inspect injector wiring...

Caddyshack100
07-28-07, 09:10 PM
Thanks fellas for the advice, and I am going to sit down and watch the Back to the future Trilogy again, I might get some good ideas from the 'Doc'. I will however remove the sight cover again and take a closer look, this problem is intermittent as it does not blow the fuse right away. Thanks again