: Next Great Tampa Meet - November 10

cooncat
07-27-07, 06:48 AM
Hey guys,

I guess with popular demand, we will be having another meet. It will be Saturday, November 3, same place, Peabody's in Tampa Palms.

Let's hope for much better weather and a larger turn-out.:worship:

Bob

ejguillot
07-27-07, 07:55 AM
Already have the date set aside, barring any complications (my girlfriend's due date is a few days before).

Lord Cadillac
07-27-07, 10:46 AM
Please add this to the meet calendar.. And, if you don't mind, www.humanmeet.com as well..

I should have no problem attending this one...

Jonas McFeely
07-27-07, 07:05 PM
I'll be there for sure. Hopefully it will be chilly.

IT IS ON NOW NIGHT WOLF.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-27-07, 07:16 PM
Hahaha, we'll see if strings can be pulled so I can have more than adequate time to drive down and not have to rush down and back.

What's November like in FL anyways?

Jonas McFeely
07-27-07, 08:10 PM
Hahaha, we'll see if strings can be pulled so I can have more than adequate time to drive down and not have to rush down and back.

What's November like in FL anyways?

Highs in the low-mid 70's, mid-low 60's at night, high 50's occasionally. Its very nice actually.

ejguillot
07-27-07, 08:12 PM
FL in november? The summer heat should have faded, highs in the 60's to 70's (depending on the last cold front), lows in the 50's to 60's, and rainy season should be over. Very Nice.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-27-07, 10:39 PM
Cool...sounds like a nice change from MN in November...temps in the teens and twenties, wind and snow.

Night Wolf
07-27-07, 10:40 PM
Hopefully I'll be there is nothing changes with my job and I hav the same days off etc...

I know everyone liked Peabodys, personally I would perfer more of a restaruant type place... especially for us not big into drinking :) Also a place more out of the way to park the cars..... I remember our Tampa meet at the top of the Dillards parking garage, it was empty, there was alot of room, and we ate at The Cheesecake Factory.... which was pretty awesome.

Though I'll be up for anything, and I'll do Peabodys again if thats where it is, I'd just prefer something other then a bar setting.... but... its all good :)

November gives me alot of time to get the Caddy in better shape, at least mechanically.

cooncat
07-27-07, 10:45 PM
If you guys prefer a regular restaurant type of place, that can be easily arranged. Let me put on my thinking cap and think about it. What kind of place would you like, something like a Ruby Tuesday's or the Olive Garden?

Night Wolf
07-28-07, 02:29 AM
Well, it's up to everyone... I mean if the majority like Peabodys, then I'm fine with that.... I was just saying what I would like, and think would better suit one of our meets...

As far as restaruants.... anything will do... that Dillards parking lot/Cheesecake Factory was pretty cool, cause we really had a whole section of the upper parking garage to ourself, alot of time for everyone to talk etc... and the Cheesecake Factory was a really cool restaruant, somewhat pricey, but great quality, and IMO, really cool for a Cadillac meet, cause its not something that ya go to everyday.

Jonas McFeely
07-28-07, 11:41 AM
I agree with Rick, im down for the Cheesecake Factory. It is pricey, but well worth it. As much i love me a drink, i am not 21, and dont really want to get hammered 2 hours away from my house and have to drive back. And you can get good drinks at the Cheesecake Factory.

Miso Salmon :drool: :drool: :drool:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-28-07, 11:58 AM
im game , hopefully this time no disaters pop up hours before i leave ...

tho ill prolly be riding the bike ...but well see ....

sometime in the next 6 months shell be getting some attention again , becuse now that i dont drive it every day i can really roll my sleeves up and do some cleaning and tinkering

Night Wolf
07-28-07, 04:02 PM
I agree with Rick, im down for the Cheesecake Factory. It is pricey, but well worth it. As much i love me a drink, i am not 21, and dont really want to get hammered 2 hours away from my house and have to drive back. And you can get good drinks at the Cheesecake Factory.

Miso Salmon :drool: :drool: :drool:

exactly

Boombotz
07-29-07, 06:55 AM
This one should work for us also.

Lord Cadillac
07-29-07, 10:49 AM
I'm going to say I like the Cheesecake Factory idea best as well.. I'm not a drinker, and there's Great food at this place. Yeah, a little expensive - but we could all start saving now for the $400.00 cheeseburgers. And anywhere there's ample parking room is a plus...

I should have no trouble making this meet as well.. November should be VERY nice in regards to weather..

cooncat
07-29-07, 03:57 PM
Due popular demand, I guess the place has been changed to the Cheesecake Factory at International Plaza. Since we are all Cadillac owners, I think we should be able to afford the hambergers. I don't think the prices are all that bad.

It will great seeing you again Sal.

Bob

Night Wolf
07-29-07, 05:05 PM
I think we should meet at the upper level parking garage for Dillards too.

This is going to be really fun, I'll have the Caddy doing better by then to make the meet :)

cooncat
07-29-07, 05:07 PM
There is a Cheesecake Factory in Brandon in the new addition at the mall. Brandon Mall is very nice as well. The addition just opened within the last year. Either place, it should be fun.

cooncat
07-29-07, 05:09 PM
One more thing, the tri-state meet in northern New Jersey had to be postponed because of a big storm. So I guess we are not the only ones having bad luck. Had we had the meet yesterday, it would have been much nicer. There was no rain after 4pm.

ejguillot
07-30-07, 12:45 PM
I'm good with Cheesecake Factory as well. However, for me the date of November 3rd isn't looking so good (yeah, I know I suggested it). My girlfriend is pregnant, and her due date is October 29th. So it would be difficult for me to go attend a meet with a 3 day old in tow :rolleyes:

Would y'all consider moving the date up to October 20th or so?

Edwin

cooncat
07-30-07, 02:02 PM
That would be good for me. I hope your girlfriend isn't early and there are no hurricanes. Would pushing it back to early December work for you Ed?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-07, 04:08 PM
I wonder if there's anyone that I could pick up en route if I decided to go. Jesda?

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-07, 05:10 PM
i say we move it up , insated of back

Night Wolf
07-30-07, 05:18 PM
agree...sonner is better.

October is going to be interesting tho... some changes going on at work... I'm pretty sure I'll keep my days off so I can make it :)

Jonas McFeely
07-30-07, 07:39 PM
No way, October sucks. Its not cold yet. Lets do it mid-November. Someone make a poll.

ejguillot
07-31-07, 08:06 AM
Either way (up to mid October or back to early December) works fine for me. The way I see it:

October advantages: More daylight hours for seeing the cars.
October disadvantages: Possibly still raining most days, might still be warm.

December advantages: Cooler weather.
December disadvantages: Early sunset, might want to meet at an earlier time to see the cars.

Any other thoughts?

cooncat
07-31-07, 08:13 AM
How would November 10th (Veteran's weekend) or November 17th work for you Ed.

Boombotz
07-31-07, 08:29 AM
I think the November 17th date is good. By then you will be ready to get away for a little while. Be careful with the October thing because babies can come early. I know mine did she came 2 weeks early. If its December you can pretty much gaurantee a no show from us. It is my daughters birthday, then my neice is a week after my daughters, and than Christmas. I agree that maybe a poll would be the best route. Whatever just let us know.

cooncat
07-31-07, 08:34 AM
Here are the dates we are looking at:

November 10
November 17

Which is better for you?

Bob

Boombotz
07-31-07, 08:39 AM
Either one for us is fine. Like them both.

Jonas McFeely
07-31-07, 10:08 AM
Either of those works great for me.

Cynical
07-31-07, 10:56 AM
I just want to apologize to cooncat for the outburst from local idiots who arrived with me at the last meet a few weeks ago. I should have known better then to bring the individuals that I brought that day cause they were hammered and cant keep themselfs together sadly. I will be attending the new get together but I am coming SOLO like HAN so count me in.

cooncat
07-31-07, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the apology. As to try to sound nice and an upstanding and classy Cadillac owner, that guy who had a beer in a brown paper bag was not your typical Caddy person. I am glad you will be coming solo. You will notice that we are a pretty classy and low key group of people. The main purpose of our meets are social and to show off our cars.

Cynical
07-31-07, 12:06 PM
I actually sold my previous 92 deville to the tall gentleman, he was suppose to drive it up to the meet but was having problems with his brakes so I told him I would take him. When we stopped to get gas he surprised me with that brown paper bag in his hands and then he started acting like a complete fool!!! I myself do not drink and I could not tolerate the gang of people who followed along to the meet with me so I went ahead and bolted early to save myself from further embarrasment lol. I apologize again for his actions.

cooncat
07-31-07, 12:08 PM
Thanks again, you are more than welcome to attend our future meets. I didn't really get a chance to talk to you. I just wanted to get the H--- away from him.

I am hoping the weather for the next meet will be much better.

ejguillot
07-31-07, 05:23 PM
November 10th looks best for me at this time. :)

cooncat
07-31-07, 06:07 PM
Let's make it November 10th. I was going to leave it up to you Edwin, since you are the one with the baby. What time should we have it?

I think this may be my 100th post.

ejguillot
07-31-07, 07:42 PM
I'd say meet about an hour before sunset, so we can see the cars in daylight. :thumbsup: Acoording to an online calculator, sunset on the 10th will happen at 5:41 pm local time, so how about 4:45 pm as a meeting time (to allow for late arrivals), and when the sun sets walk over to Cheesecake Factory in time for dinner at 6 pm?

cooncat
07-31-07, 08:13 PM
That sounds good to me. I hope we have a great showing and are able to park all the Caddy's in a row all together. We should coordinate this better. It should be impressive at the International Mall.

I am so happy that we are the only group I guess in the country having so many meets. It just shows everybody else how close we are and we love having a good time.

Boombotz
08-01-07, 07:45 AM
This meet should probably start around 4:30. We will have a wait at the Cheesecake factory no matter what the time is. So there will be plenty of time to BS about cars. All I have to say to those who went to the first meet in this location is Godiva Chocolate.

Edit: I also changed the Thread title with the new date for you.

cooncat
08-01-07, 08:18 AM
How do I cancel out or change the other website?

Boombotz
08-01-07, 08:33 AM
What website???????

cooncat
08-01-07, 09:35 AM
www.humanmeet.com

Boombotz
08-01-07, 10:16 AM
Did you post the information in there? I have no editing power there. If you look up at the top and you where the original poster than there is a tool button that says you can edit the event. You should be able to use that to make the changes needed. Let me know.

cooncat
08-01-07, 10:26 AM
Sal, do you have any idea as to how get get rid of an event on the www.humanmeet.com? I search all over and there is no way I can either edit or cancel on that site.

Bob

Brett
08-01-07, 08:51 PM
yeah that peabody's place was pretty lame...what with all the pool tables, dart boards and hot college girls...the whole thing really sucked. Are we seriously going to all go sit together and eat dinner at a restaurant? Seems very structured.

It works for me I guess cause Ill end up next door at the Blue Martini...Its like Peabody's except the women dress nicer and the drinks are 3x as much.

Jonas McFeely
08-01-07, 09:11 PM
:crybaby:

Brett
08-01-07, 09:17 PM
yes, i should have added a few of those to my post

Stoneage_Caddy
08-01-07, 09:28 PM
we should get brett good and hammered next meet , i wanna see this guy fight some druken floridiot and beat him to a pulp ....

brett , just toss me money to bail you out ....if i dont drink it away ill get ya bailed out ...

Brett
08-01-07, 09:32 PM
nobody ever wants to fight me....its one of those risk/reward things :) I am sparring with an ex-champion boxer this weekend who currently works for me....should be interesting...hehe

Boombotz
08-02-07, 07:43 AM
I don't really care where we go. I thought the green iguana was a good spot because it was a place to drink and eat. It will take us forever to get into the cheesecake factory even though I love it. It doesn't matter to us whatever everybody else decides. I think the more laid back the atmosphere the better though.:bouncy:

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-07, 11:08 PM
one of these days im gonna call to come hang out ....friggin bored and alone all the time around here

Boombotz
08-07-07, 07:14 AM
one of these days im gonna call to come hang out ....friggin bored and alone all the time around here

Told you to call anytime.:bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-07, 12:34 PM
Talked to my parents about this, they said I could fly down. Now I just gotta get the days off of work.

Night Wolf
08-09-07, 05:08 AM
Told you to call anytime.:bouncy:

x2 :thumbsup:

ejguillot
08-10-07, 04:38 PM
Talked to my parents about this, they said I could fly down. Now I just gotta get the days off of work.

Sweet! Hope you do make it down this time.

Lord Cadillac
08-10-07, 05:50 PM
I hope to see you there, Chad!

Speaking of boxing, I'm training again at one of Randy Couture's gyms here in Wellington, Florida.. How'd that sparring go, Brett? :p I'm down from 270lbs to 230lbs.. I'll probably be touching the two oh oh's by the time this meet rolls around...

Jonas McFeely
08-11-07, 08:18 PM
I hope to see you there, Chad!

Speaking of boxing, I'm training again at one of Randy Couture's gyms here in Wellington, Florida.. How'd that sparring go, Brett? :p I'm down from 270lbs to 230lbs.. I'll probably be touching the two oh oh's by the time this meet rolls around...

Congratulations! Keep it up. :highfive:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-07, 11:30 PM
Shit, if I get the new car by then, I'll drive down!

ejguillot
08-12-07, 11:37 PM
FYI for the group: Went to the Cheesecake Factory for breakfast this morning (with the GF's family), and it was a disappointment on a few important counts:

1) Flies buzzing all around our table, and we were sitting indoors
2) Waitress wasn't all that good, made a few mistakes on our order
3) My GF's aunt had ordered an omelet, and half way through eating it found a long black hair embedded in it :vomit:
4) When the manager offered her a dessert to make up for the hair in food (and took her order off the bill), she ordered the plain cheesecake with strawberries and without whipped cream. Cheesecake shows up with whipped cream all over. :mad: You'd think that they would pay attention after the manager came over to apologize!

I'm getting the impression that this particuar restaurant uses Sundays to train the rookies, and the hair in food + flies would bring their sanitation standards into question.

Does anyone have an alternate restaurant at the same location (International Plaza) that they would recommend? I would call Cheesecake Factory a questionable choice for dining after this experience.

cooncat
08-13-07, 11:42 AM
I just checked the website and found something interesting, it is Piazo Roma, not sure of the spelling. It is on Bay street and it looks to be a nice typical Italian Restaurant.

MiamiCTS3.6SportLux
08-16-07, 02:28 PM
I am in Miami and i have a few friends here with Cadillacs, we would be interested in driving up for the meet, what is the final location and date?

ejguillot
08-20-07, 09:17 AM
Date: November 10th.
Time: 5:00 PM
Location: International Plaza, the big mall right next to Tampa International Airport.

Further details TBD at this time.

cooncat
08-20-07, 10:47 AM
We can determine the place to eat when we all get together if that is alright with you all.

I hope some of you in Miami has some nice vintage machines or even some nice new ones.

I was speaking to somebody at Lifestyles last week who has a 1962. I will encourage him to come as well.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-11-07, 09:46 PM
So is this still on or did this kinda get merged together with the cruise meet?

cooncat
09-11-07, 11:10 PM
The Next Great Tampa Meet is still on for November 10th. We enjoy our own events.

Look forward to meeting you all.

bob

Jesda
09-12-07, 06:23 AM
I actually have a Cadillac to bring.

cooncat
09-12-07, 07:49 AM
Hey Jesda,

Do I see you have three new vehicles since the last meet? I'm impressed. The 2002 Caddy sounds nice.

clarkz71
09-21-07, 01:49 PM
I'm looking foward to this. I'm sure we'll find someplace good to eat.

clarkz71
09-25-07, 12:12 PM
Anybody know where in the parking lot we are meeting??
It looks big in a satellite pic, I can't imagine driving around looking
for a group of cadillac's.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/InternationmallNov10thmeet.jpg

Boombotz
09-25-07, 12:26 PM
Top floor of the parking garage for Dillards. It is in on the left side of pic right in the middle.

clarkz71
09-25-07, 12:33 PM
This has Dillards on the right.

http://images.omniti.net/www.shopinternationalplaza.com/images/13/maps/map_lg_lot.gif

Boombotz
09-25-07, 01:18 PM
west deck,
Sorry

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-25-07, 01:33 PM
Shit, this is coming up soon! I'd better get started on the planning!

ejguillot
10-10-07, 02:25 PM
It's getting close to the date... how about taking roll and seeing who still plans to attend? I'll be there.

clarkz71
10-10-07, 05:04 PM
Well, since I'm only 20 minutes away I'll definitly be there.

Boombotz
10-10-07, 08:53 PM
We will most likely be there.:p

cooncat
10-11-07, 07:51 AM
I will absolutely be there. I can't wait!!

It should be great. The weather will be nice and cool and hopefully no rain.

HITMONEY
10-11-07, 01:29 PM
Might be there.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-17-07, 01:13 PM
I'll try and get like a week off and cruise down in the Benz. Look forward to the warm weather and meeting you all!

Tonight when I get home from work, I'm gonna sit down and figure out how much money I'll need for this and get my whole trip planned out.

csp3000
10-18-07, 11:47 PM
I think I might be able to go to this meet...

Jonas McFeely
10-19-07, 04:34 PM
Im still on board. I'll be taking the '85. Sporting '68 Deville wheels and hubcaps.

Hope you can make it Chad.

jonnyd
10-24-07, 03:35 PM
Im in too....so dont forget about jonnyd just because he dosent have his caddy nemore =( Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing any of my spoilers(roof and wing), intake, or rear louvered bezel, let me know. Man it has been a while since I have been to a caddy meet..something always happened to my car beforehand....but I plan on making this one...bring down the lex =)

Night Wolf
10-24-07, 07:01 PM
Wow, this is coming up a lot faster then I think. The Caddy is still not in the condition I wanted it to be in to take it. It'll make the trip there and back, I know that... but too many things are still not working and stuff.

So I'll be taking the Town Car.... still looking forward to seeing everyone.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-24-07, 09:11 PM
Sorry guys, won't be making it down this year. Have to budget my money out....am not able to spend the ~$1,000 I'd need to pay to drive down and back, and still be able to have fun down there....and I can't miss out on a weeks worth of work.

Next year perhaps, but I'll definitely be up for any sort of a midwest meet next spring/summer, and ya'll are invited to that.

alvareracing
10-29-07, 09:14 PM
Bob (cooncat) if I get you some flyers for our bopc show and racing event could you hand some out at your 11-10-07 meeting? Please let me know I can bring them to you. 813/748-0634 or email me at alvareracing@tampabay.rr.com

thanks
fernando

cooncat
10-31-07, 11:40 PM
Hi guys,

I hope you all had a nice Halloween and those in SE Florida and staying dry.

I would like to do a roll call on who is coming next week.

I just had a complete detail done on my STS by Ed Morse and the car looks great!!!

I am looking forward to seeing all of you.

Bob

Brizzal
10-31-07, 11:49 PM
hmmm i might be up for it...

clarkz71
11-01-07, 05:10 AM
I'm there.

Boombotz
11-01-07, 04:12 PM
We will be there

theloanman219
11-02-07, 08:58 PM
Ok this is my first time posting here. I would like to come but I need to know what time and where it will be. I think if the V miami guys come we might be able to meet up as they come my way.

Gene

cooncat
11-03-07, 12:11 AM
We would to have you up at our meet. We are thinking about 5pm unless everybody thinks we should meet earlier because of the time change.

I am getting excited about this meet. We hope you all are able to make it.

Bob

theloanman219
11-04-07, 07:55 AM
It might be a little to late for me. Its a two hour drive and we can't stay the night. Where though?

Night Wolf
11-04-07, 07:04 PM
I won't be able to make it this time..... but y'all will have lots of fun :)

ejguillot
11-04-07, 10:07 PM
The meet location is at International Plaza (the big mall next to Tampa International Airport), exact location is discussed in the thread.

Barring any unforeseen events, I'll see y'all there.

cooncat
11-06-07, 11:08 PM
Hey guys,

Let's get excited about the upcoming meet. The weather looks great, no rain. I know, it is a miracle. Let's get our beautiful beasts all shined up and looking their best.

We will be meeting on the upper deck of the parking garage near the Cheesecake Factory.

I am really psyched about this one.

Let's have a large turnout for this one.

Bob and the stealth gray STS.

Brett
11-07-07, 11:35 AM
what time is it at?

cooncat
11-07-07, 01:07 PM
I say around 5

ejguillot
11-07-07, 07:49 PM
I second the around 5 meeting time. See y'all there! :)

Dew Barfer
11-09-07, 08:56 AM
hey fella's im having a few issues with work and will probly be exiting there at around 6 would yall's still be floating around at 6:30 -7 ish?

ejguillot
11-09-07, 02:19 PM
I expect that we'll be having dinner by then, but we'll still be around.

My cell phone # is 813-735-0293.

Dew Barfer
11-09-07, 03:36 PM
thank you and by the way my names andrew

Jonas McFeely
11-09-07, 03:53 PM
Hey guys. I dont have time to read through the whole thread. What are the details of the meet. Anything changed? I may or may not come. Im not sure. The '85 is looking rough, though i know it doesnt really matter. It does look pretty sharp with the '68 Deville wheel covers and 235 tires though.

I'll be back on as a regular as soon as i can, lot of things going on/need to be going on in my life. But i still want to make it out to the meet. Get back at me.

:drool:

ejguillot
11-09-07, 06:22 PM
Jonas, here are the meet details:

Location: International Plaza, located next to the airport. Exact location, from reading this thread, is the top level of the west parking deck (the one next to Nordstrom's)

Date: Tomorrow at 5pm.

See you there!

Edwin

Brizzal
11-10-07, 12:48 AM
anyone going threw west palm beach wanna meet up?

Boombotz
11-10-07, 04:45 PM
we are running late but will be leaving in just a few minutes it is now 4:44

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-07, 06:51 PM
Any pics from the meet? I wanna see what I missed.

ejguillot
11-12-07, 02:58 PM
Chad,

I only took a couple of pics, and it's just as well that you didn't come down. Turnout was low, here's the attendee list:

Me (ejguillot) and my wife
Bob (cooncat)
Tom & Julie (Boombotz)
Andrew (Dew Barfer)
Johnny (jonnyd)

That was it. 7 people and 4 Caddies (jonnyd's got an Lexus IS300 now)

After waiting for people to show up for 2 1/2 hours, we went to eat at Cheesecake Factory (that was fun), and the meet was over by 10pm.

HITMONEY
11-13-07, 01:27 PM
Couldn't make it, Jenna stabbed her hand with a butcher knife accidentally Friday night while cooking me dinner, right between her forefinger and thumb requiring 3 stitches.

She kinda spent the weekend in great pain. Getting better everyday now.

I hope the meet was fun, the weather looked great!