: NEW PICK UP: First Cad, first thread/post

ithruxix
07-26-07, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Jon, and I reside in northern CA. This is my first post, and I just wanted to show everyone my now new car.

This is my first lac, and it drives like a dream. It only has 76k on it, and was always garaged.

Well, I hate to take forever, so here are some pics!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868767.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868765.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868761.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868657.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868656.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868655.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868648.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868643.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868639.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868636.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868630.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL86/1295063/17167687/267868623.jpg

Well, there are the pictures.

The engine is the biggest, the 500 c.i, I have ever seen in a car. It guzzles the gas, but I guess not that bad.

Any comments are welcome, thank you. :stirpot:

For some reason, I am having trouble posting this. So if there is a duplicate thread, please delete it. So sorry.

ithruxix
07-26-07, 02:14 PM
Thanks mod(erator<s>) for approval.

Didn't mean to hit new thread so many times lol.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-26-07, 04:31 PM
Wow, she's a beaut! Welcome! 1975 or 1976?

ithruxix
07-26-07, 04:33 PM
Wow, totally forgot. It is a '75.

Absolutely NO DENTS DINGS, and only 2 little spots where the paint is chipping.

I could not blue book this, so any idea on the value of it? Thanks!

urbanski
07-26-07, 05:58 PM
Thanks mod(erator<s>) for approval.

Didn't mean to hit new thread so many times lol.

no prob :)
enjoy your stay

ps. she's gorgeous!

Destroyer
07-26-07, 06:36 PM
Slick:thumbsup:

93DevilleUSMC
07-26-07, 07:09 PM
Wow! The paint is in better condition than my `93. What's the history on that car, if you don't mind me asking?

Benzilla
07-26-07, 07:28 PM
Oh my god! That's one gorgeous machine. I wish I had one like it, in addition of course. I've really thought about getting a '75-'76 lately, and yours is a fine example.

Cadillac_Fan
07-26-07, 07:32 PM
Thank you for sharing pictures of your prized Cadillac. It is a work of American automotive artistry at its best.

ithruxix
07-26-07, 09:05 PM
Wow! The paint is in better condition than my `93. What's the history on that car, if you don't mind me asking?

Well, history has it, that the owner purchased the car, died and the wife no longer drove it. She gave it to her sister, who sold it to me. No accidents, I was told. I have not gotten under the car yet to inspect it closer, however I seem to think there has never even been any repair work done to it. There are small cracks on the filler, but other than that the exterior is pretty nice. None of the moldings or grill is pitted.

Sorry to ask again, but what would be a good selling range to let this go for? I have already had someone offer me cash, but it was on the way home from PICKING it up, and I couldn't part with it so soon!

I have contemplated selling it, before I do anything to it that would take away from its value; namely for collectors, like the majority of people on this board. I would hate to do anything to ruin it, but If there is no interest in it, I think I am going to do a few things.

Thank you all for your comments.

kwaobus
07-26-07, 10:00 PM
sweet ride. :thumbsup:

93DevilleUSMC
07-26-07, 10:13 PM
Well, history has it, that the owner purchased the car, died and the wife no longer drove it. She gave it to her sister, who sold it to me. No accidents, I was told. I have not gotten under the car yet to inspect it closer, however I seem to think there has never even been any repair work done to it. There are small cracks on the filler, but other than that the exterior is pretty nice. None of the moldings or grill is pitted.

Sorry to ask again, but what would be a good selling range to let this go for? I have already had someone offer me cash, but it was on the way home from PICKING it up, and I couldn't part with it so soon!

I have contemplated selling it, before I do anything to it that would take away from its value; namely for collectors, like the majority of people on this board. I would hate to do anything to ruin it, but If there is no interest in it, I think I am going to do a few things.

Wow, that is great condition. How much did she cost you?

Benzilla
07-26-07, 10:33 PM

Oh no... what are you going to do to it?

Jonas McFeely
07-26-07, 11:11 PM
Oh no... what are you going to do to it?

My thoughts exactly. That car makes me wanna cry. I really want one now. Anything more than a CD player would just be rape.

Cadillac_Fan
07-26-07, 11:25 PM
With all due respect (and I know it's your private property), but please don't change a thing on that fine example of a great survivor Cadillac.

(Moderator(s) - I know you keep the public boards relatively PG, yet I thought the pic w/ phrase below best captures my thoughts after hearing that he may mod that Cadillac.) So my apologies in advance if it's unacceptable and must be censored.

http://static.flickr.com/6/69250266_8c1f5c979c.jpg

Wheelman322
07-27-07, 12:16 AM
You're off to a hell of a start for your first new Cad...That is one of the cleanest 75/76's i've ever seen. My jaw dropped when I opened the thread. To re-iterate what has already been said...Please don't change a thing on that car...it's stunning just the way it is!

ithruxix
07-27-07, 02:33 AM
Well actually, I was either going to completely redo it, to much of your guy's dismay, or try to trade it for a FWB.

Benzilla
07-27-07, 02:41 AM
Redo meaning restore, or..........

ithruxix
07-27-07, 03:01 AM
Nope, not restore.

I want a totally differnent interior, prefferably white. I am going to my local boneyard in the next few days to see what kind of interior I can find. I am hoping to find a decent white one.

I was hoping to paint it, but rethinking I dont believe I will. I suspect the paint to be original, but I have no idea.

Bigger rims will be implemented, to fill the wells. IMO this is such a beautiful car on big rims.

I will however, not do anything that is not reversable, and keep everything I take off/out.

We will see. I am thinking of putting it on craigslist soon.

One last thing, does anyone have any idea what the name of the interior color? It is not red, but darker. Thank you.

Cadillac_Fan
07-27-07, 09:02 AM
Nope, not restore.

I want a totally differnent interior, prefferably white. I am going to my local boneyard in the next few days to see what kind of interior I can find. I am hoping to find a decent white one.

I was hoping to paint it, but rethinking I dont believe I will. I suspect the paint to be original, but I have no idea.

Bigger rims will be implemented, to fill the wells. IMO this is such a beautiful car on big rims.

I will however, not do anything that is not reversable, and keep everything I take off/out.

One last thing, does anyone have any idea what the name of the interior color? It is not red, but darker. Thank you.

I regret my earlier post with the "Aww Jeez" guy. When I hear mods, I instantly think curb feelers, landau bars, shiny tint, interior ball fringe, pink fuzzy dice from the rearview mirror, luggage rack, trunk straps, etc...and a hacked-up / butchered dash for the installation of a new audio system.

If you consider selling it or trading it for a Fleetwood Brougham, I would leave it as-is. I think it would command its highest dollar in its current state. My unsolicited $.02. Nonetheless, you have an exceptional Cadillac and the photos are awesome.

(P.S. What year(s) Fleetwood Brougham are you looking at?)

Jonas McFeely
07-27-07, 09:22 AM
Nope, not restore.

Not to be a dick, but sell that car ASAP. There are very few of those Devilles left, especially in such great condition. Please dont ruin it. Ruin a '93-'96 FWB or an '86-'92 FWB. There are tons of those out there.

Doing anything to that car should be a crime. Do us all a favor and sell it to someone who will baby it and keep it in its original condition.

I love big rims and all that crap just the same, but doing that to a Deville of that era is just plain wrong. Do it to a newer one.

Highway Star
07-27-07, 10:41 AM
Another here for keeping it original. It's too nice a car to monkey with. As to finding a white interior in decent shape in a junkyard, not gonna happen, in any color.

As to the popularity of the big wheel craze, I'm still scratching my head on that one. I have a feeling Ronald McDonald and some of his buds are responsible for it. :bigroll:

z06bigbird
07-27-07, 10:48 AM
I see two markets for that car. Someone who is really into big old clean cars.
Reg people will avoid that car because of the size and gas expense.

Or you could take it to any big city, and a thousand people would kill for it. Problem is I mean that literally.

I have heard about drug dealers paying cash to someone for a car like that, and then they mug the guy 10 minutes later.

What is is worth??? Now, California is a different world. In other parts of the country, perhaps $3000 to $4000, maybe. I really have no idea.

As others have said, once you start modding the car, value will go down the toilet. Don't even do a cd. Use your ipod or whatever you have.

Before you drive it much, change all rubber products, like radiator hoses, heater hoses, rubber fuel lines. Check radiator for leaks. Easy to remove and get fixed. Fuel filter. Spark plugs every 10,000 miles. Plug wires--get good ones if you need to change them.

You can check plug wires by looking under hood at night. If they are deteriorated, you will see and hear sparks jumping.

Shocks on this car are $20 gasmatics.

I would pull all wheels to look at brakes.

Hopefully, a/c works. I just gave away a brand new compressor for that car. Still in orig box.

Biggest headache will be the plastic filler pieces around bumpers. I suspect they are avail in California.

One thought. Insurance will be dirt cheap on that car. Even though gas will be high (needs premium), car expenses would be less than car payments. That car will go for 150,000 miles or more.

Wheelman322
07-27-07, 11:07 AM
Please don't butcher that car. Sell it to someone before you change anything. That car is worth top dollar now, not so after you change the interior/paint it and put 24's on it.

ithruxix
07-27-07, 12:52 PM
Yea, I have already begun looking for filler pieces.

Actually, I found an interior that interests me. It is out of a 76 deville, and it white. Would it fit in mine?

Thanks.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-27-07, 05:18 PM
Yeah, don't change that car at all. Otherwise we'll kill you. :D

Kidding.

Maybe not?

bicentennialcadillac
07-28-07, 10:37 AM
Put the correct tires on that beauty and call it a day.

I'd lose the wreath hood ornament (which deVilles didn't get back then,) but I'm a dick when it comes to that sort of thing. 'Senior' Cadilllacs (Fleetwood, Eldorado, Seville) get wreaths, 'Junior' models (deVille, Calais) just get crests and vees.

ithruxix
08-04-07, 04:19 PM
bicentennial...

I have seen 2 other coupes in town. Neither had the V or full wreath. I had a chance to talk to the owner, and she said it came from the lot like that. They even had pictures on their wall of the car in 1975, and sure as shat, there the wreath was.

Why would they have that? I was under the impression it had a smaller crest. Anyways, how do you tell if the engine is fuel injected? Thanks.

Last thing; I have decided to leave this stock, and commandeer it toward a collector. Thanks everyone.