: New (to us) 2004 SRX Door Sill question

tomduder
07-26-07, 06:13 AM
We have just purchased a 2004 SRX that my wife loves. I noticed that there is a clear plastic covering on all of the door sills including the rear hatch. Is this supposed to be there or should it have been removed? I ask the question because it seems like dirt has collected around the edges and is sort of ruining the appearance of the vehicle below the doors. Thanks!

onewhippedpuppy
07-26-07, 07:48 AM
Not on my 2004. Could be a product to protect from scratches, similar to the clear bras installed on the front end.

ewill3rd
07-26-07, 08:45 AM
They send them with self adhering plastic covers from the factory.
When the dealer preps them the protective coverings should be removed.
Some folks like them to stay on, but like you said, sometimes they just trap dirt and debris and screw up the trim even worse.
If it looks like a peel off cover, remove it and clean the trim.
Do you have any pictures?

donjumpsuit
07-26-07, 10:01 AM
i would wage a bet that it is a 3M product designed to protect the door sills from wear associated with people entering and exiting the vehicle. However, that being said, it could also just be a piece of tape the previous owner crafted to fit that purpose, or still there from the dealer as part of a showroom floor type protection. In any event, the vehicle is yours, you can spray paint it with flourescent orange if you wish!