: Anyone installed Eibach springs themselves?

jjb
07-25-07, 10:46 PM
I have some 22's on the way and want to lower the stance of my 07 SRX V6 AWD. I've seen the eibach 1.4/1.6 drop, but I am curious about what I am getting into, as far as an install.

faderrific
07-25-07, 10:54 PM
I would be wary of rubbing. In regards to installing yourself, I installed a set of H&R springs on my Accord with no difficulty. All you need to have is a coilspring compressor, you can pick one up from Harbor Freight Tools for about 8-10 bucks. Also pneumatic tools will make the job a lot easier. Make sure you torque the strut bolts to spec and then check and re-torque a few weeks later, after the springs have somewhat settled in.

bguild
07-29-07, 11:54 PM
in addition, you may consider getting an alignment when finished.

faderrific
07-30-07, 07:58 PM
Alignment would be suggested, but with a drop of only 1.4/1.6, it won't do too much to your camber or alignment.

Dinger77
09-18-07, 04:10 PM
No, it will change your camber a lot. I dropped mine with the eibach springs, and I had to adjust the camber quite a bit. You will have to have a caddy dealer do it, because there is a special tool to adjust it. It will ride a lot better with the new springs, but the 22's will hender it.