: Filthy Deck Lid

MARKVIII
07-25-07, 04:31 PM
this might be a dumb question but after everytime i finish driving my car and i open the trunk there is sand/dirt on the trunklid. i mean a whole layer of dirt/sand. where in the world is it coming from?? why does it keep coming back? anyone?

thanks

dkozloski
07-25-07, 05:21 PM
For a complete explanation you need to consult The Von Karman Institute. The problem is aerodynamics.

bigdog9586
07-25-07, 05:37 PM
Stay off the dirt/sand roads and you won't have a problem. I have never left the pavement with my STS and unless it rains I can go a couple weeks without it looking to bad, but NEVER have had your problem.
==================

this might be a dumb question but after everytime i finish driving my car and i open the trunk there is sand/dirt on the trunklid. i mean a whole layer of dirt/sand. where in the world is it coming from?? why does it keep coming back? anyone?

thanks

MARKVIII
07-25-07, 06:35 PM
well i live in florida and i try like heck to stay off of anything thats not paved. however we get a lot of rain here and i just notice that just about everyday i have to pop the trunk and clean the trunklid.

dkozloski
07-25-07, 07:08 PM
Poor baby!

z06bigbird
07-25-07, 11:44 PM
My grandmother had the same problem with her Caddies when she was bootlegging schnaps in West Virginia.

I will ask her to send you a PM.

MARKVIII
07-26-07, 02:08 PM
excuse me for breathing.