: Side moulding

captblue
07-24-07, 07:06 PM
Hi. I just bought a 2005 STS and the paint is perfect. I looked for posts on protecting the side with some sort of moulding. Does anyone have pictures so I can see what that would look like. I like it without but can't stand the idea of all the door dings that are in my future. People just aren't as considerate as they used to be.

Oh, and by the way this is a great site. I just came over from the Lincoln one and loved it. You guys are sooo helpful. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm is there for my sort of new car. Look forward to seeing more.

Force-1
07-24-07, 08:17 PM
STS Side Molding (http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/accessory.jsp?model=sts&year=2007)

captblue
07-24-07, 09:51 PM
Thanks Force-1, that was just what I wanted. Now, what is everybodys thoughts on the looks of these? Does anybody have them? Impressions? What should I do? :confused:

05STSWOW
07-25-07, 01:01 AM
My '05 STS4 has nearly 58,000 miles after 32+ months of ownership with absolutely ZERO door dings. It's all a matter of paying attention to where you park and, if in doubt, get some exercise. This car is not a hangar queen; it's my daily driver and I park it outside. After all... it's just a car. All that said, I would rather have dings than stick-on chrome strips.

THIERRY
07-25-07, 05:07 AM
Hi Captblue,

I have them on mine, of course painted to match the body colour (silver smoke) and they are OK, I don't find them to ruin the design, but I must admit that recently I got a ding :crybaby: (small and perfectly repaired now) just over the molding :mad: so I think that the best bet to avoid such things is to park your car beside other beautiful cars or away from "the crowd".
Anyway body side moldings can help.

Cajonkev
07-25-07, 04:11 PM
Won't help the full door panels but I wrapped mine in 8mil ClearBra on all door edge trims, running boards, splash panels, trunk lid etc. etc. etc not to mention the full front wrap.

Definitely a help without adding the moldings but again not for the center areas of the side panels.

captblue
07-28-07, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the info. If anyone has some more pics of their cars I would like to see them. The stock photo was a bit hard to see. But thanks