: Cheap Mechanic in Des Moines?

97candylacdevil
07-24-07, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know of a trustworthy shop that can fix my 97 deville for cheap? Could be a hg, could be a cracked block, could be something really simple. ???? My mechanic is apparently a dumb@$$ because he cant seem to give me a straight answer on what is wrong (you get what you pay for). I need it repaired before the last week of august and i live in des moines iowa.

johnrgregory
07-24-07, 05:10 PM
As you said, "you get what you pay for", And the word "cheap" does not make the words "quality work" come to mind. I have had problems with engine diagnoses from my dealer, the N* engine is not your run of the mill engine and I would not trust it to a run of the mill mechanic. Just my $0.02.
I would seek out a quality mechanic that has a reputation of skill and honesty.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy shop that can fix my 97 deville for cheap? Could be a hg, could be a cracked block, could be something really simple. ???? My mechanic is apparently a dumb@$$ because he cant seem to give me a straight answer on what is wrong (you get what you pay for). I need it repaired before the last week of august and i live in des moines iowa.

zonie77
07-24-07, 10:42 PM
If it's HG's...and that's a possibility...it'll be expensive no matter who does it.

Take it for an exhaust gas test! If it's positive you know it's HG. If negative you can do the usual stuff. Radiator, etc.

Radiator shop is the place to take it.