: Headlight adjustment screw... where is it ?

ascariSTS
07-24-07, 06:26 AM
I was told by the maintainance people at my dealer that there is a screw right above each headlight to adjust them...

I have HID headlights and one of them is not well adjusted due to my accident...

There is one for CTS but i'm not sure about STS...

Anybody knows where it is, if there is....

ewill3rd
07-24-07, 08:08 AM
Here is an STS-V, yours will be similar although I don't have one to use for photos at the moment.
This is behind the air filter box rear of the headlight. The opposite side will be the same... but on the opposite side :D

ewill3rd
07-24-07, 08:09 AM
Oh and that is only to adjust the vertical aim of the lamp, you cannot adjust the horizontal unless you physically adjust the lamp housing.

ascariSTS
07-24-07, 02:24 PM
Exactly... Yeah that's what I wanted... vertical adjust...

thanks a lot ewill... You've been a very helpful source for all of us... This forum is lucky to have people like you

ewill3rd
07-24-07, 07:19 PM
No problem ;)
Thanks for the kind words.
To adjust that, park about 25 feet away from a wall on level ground and bring it to about the same level as the other one.

jnelson
09-26-07, 09:19 PM
OK, great ewill3rd I have ask the same question before and did not get an answer. But that is only part of my problem. My low beams are fine but my high beam are up in the trees at about a block. Anyhelp on how to adjust them would be great!!!!!!

ewill3rd
09-27-07, 07:01 AM
There is no provision to adjust the high beams on STS.
Can you see the road okay? I mean if it is shining in the trees, it doesn't matter if you can see the road, but if it is lighting the trees instead of the road there could be an issue.
I haven't had any problems like that with STS. Has your dealer looked into this issue?
Does yours have HID high beams or halogen high beams?

The HID ones don't work like you might think, they just use a light blocker on low and move it out of the way on high, in that case it may look like it is just lighting up the trees, because when the door moves out of the way it just makes a taller pattern to light up around the road, it doesn't change the lighting at all, it just opens up the beam to light up a wider area (taller).
Does that make sense?

jnelson
09-28-07, 03:08 PM
ewill3rd,
OK my car has the 1SG package, on the window sticker opitions side it says HID lites. I see no enhancment on the road ahead with high beams on. It does lite up refective signs, trees and buildings. When pointed at my garage door the low beams have a bright, wide, flat topped beam, when the highs are turned on they are about 6 inches about the lows and are more yellow, and round not white, like halagon's look at about 15 feet. My dealer does not even know how to adjust the low beams. I was told that they could not be adjusted. Any idea's? Any help would be great!

rb92gt
09-29-07, 11:35 AM
eWill3rd already described headlight adjustment above. They can be adjusted. The fogs adjust really easily, too bad all the light don't adjust so easily.