: GM Auto Start

dwight.j.carter
07-23-07, 07:36 PM
I was thinking it would be really great if GM would start selling there auto start to the dealerships to add to existing cars as I had an aftermarket in my last car and it made the computer act wierd. :stirpot:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-23-07, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah, they do in some cars. For example, in a lot of the top end trim lines of most 06 and newer Chevy models (Malibu SS, Impala LTZ and SS, Corvette, Suburban and Tahoe LTZ, among others) there is an auto start button on the keyfob. And we do see a lot of cars thatwith the aftermarket ones added that have electronic gremlins that are brought on by the aftermarket auto start.

dwight.j.carter
07-23-07, 07:43 PM
yeah so they need to make an auto start for GM cars that can be put in as a stock acessory so we won't have these problems with the electronics.

dwight.j.carter
07-23-07, 07:43 PM
Chad you are a god amongst mere mortals !

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-23-07, 07:49 PM
Chad you are a god amongst mere mortals !

Hey what can I say? I've just gotten lucky enough to live out a dream I've had since I was a kid...to work in a dealership.

dwight.j.carter
07-23-07, 08:01 PM
Find out what parts they add to the car when they put in the auto start after the car has arrived without it and let me know.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-23-07, 08:26 PM
Oh, that is installed at the factory, it comes in the certain option packages for the specific cars.