: anyone snorkel?

EcSTSatic
07-23-07, 10:57 AM
We're going to Destin, FL on a 2-week vacation again in a few weeks. My wife wants to try to snorkel for the first time but she needs her glasses. Are there any cost effective solutions for doing this? I don't want to invest much into a brief outing. Thanks for the help.

dkozloski
07-23-07, 11:10 AM
Contacts.

robs42
07-23-07, 11:40 AM
u pick one of the nicest beaches in the us to go to. i used to be stationed down there when i was active duty. they call it the redneck riveira. the beaches are great. i believe that you can rent gear while u are out there.

EcSTSatic
07-23-07, 12:06 PM
I fell in love with the sugar white beaches of Destin and the Emerald Coast while I was doing some work for Boeing at Eglin AFB. All of the surrounding "Dixie" states vacation there, hence the Redneck Riviera handle.
So you think they will have something for glasses wearers to rent? Contacts are not cheap nor a onetime solution. She has allergies that prevent contacts anyway.

http://www.destindirect.com/images/003.JPG

dkozloski
07-23-07, 12:24 PM
Prescription masks are expensive. Mask inserts for prescription lenses fog up. Maybe lens inserts treated with an anti-fog agent. There are masks that incorporate corrective generic lenses that may be good enough.

caddydaddy
07-24-07, 10:29 PM
I don't think there are many options other than the prescription mask or contacts. I scuba dive and wear my contacts. My Mom has a prescription mask. My Dad is far sighted so he doesn't use glasses when he dives.