: Wheel mount corrosion

Lifer
07-23-07, 10:55 AM
I have a 2006 STS V8 RWD with factory 18 wheels. Texas area (no salt on roads in winter, not near the coast). I pulled the wheels to paint the calipers and noticed some corrosion where the wheel surface meets the rotor area where the studs are for the wheel lugs. This is on the wheel and the rotor mounting area both. Is this the beginning of a problem? If the wheels were not removed until the tires needed replacement around 35 40K miles, would the wheel be frozen to the axle? Anyone have a suggestion as to what can I do to remove and prevent further corrosion in this area.

z06bigbird
07-24-07, 11:40 PM
You are creating mental obstacles. Normal wear and tear. Nothing to worry about. Just a little surface rust.

Good news is: At least you are not inventing electronic or drive train problems.

Lifer
07-25-07, 09:59 AM
Good news is: At least you are not inventing electronic or drive train problems.

The only thing I have invented lately is a braille rear view mirror for the blind drivers on the Texas roads. You know who they are. They are the ones that use the braille markings on the buttons in the elevators in the high-rise parking garages.