: AIR VENTS on 08

harryctsv
07-23-07, 06:46 AM
Hi there,
does anybody knows if the air vents on the front fender of the 08 STS are just sticked on or do I have to cut some to put them on?
I have an 07 STS export model here in Germany and next month I`ll be in the US so I can get them.

Thanks

Harry

golfguy
07-23-07, 10:25 AM
I read in a GM press release that the vents were somewhat function (they gave a pecentage)

I find that odd.. in my mind somthing is either functional or not functional...

Anyway, let's say they are 30% functional, I would guess there would be hole in the body work.. but in your case (a 2007) it would purely be decorative...

if you wait a couple months, I'll bet every aftermarket auto store in the world will have stick on versions

harryctsv
07-23-07, 12:11 PM
I read in a GM press release that the vents were somewhat function (they gave a pecentage)

I find that odd.. in my mind somthing is either functional or not functional...

Anyway, let's say they are 30% functional, I would guess there would be hole in the body work.. but in your case (a 2007) it would purely be decorative...

if you wait a couple months, I'll bet every aftermarket auto store in the world will have stick on versions
Thanks gulfguy,
I will check this out by some Cadillac dealers while I`m in the US.next month. For my taste they are looking good, the new CTS have similar ones.

Thanks again

Harry

bigdog9586
07-23-07, 05:33 PM
My guess is you will be very lucky if you can even get a set from a dealer. Usually when a part is brand new it takes months before the parts are in the pipeline.
====================

Thanks gulfguy,
I will check this out by some Cadillac dealers while I`m in the US.next month. For my taste they are looking good, the new CTS have similar ones.

Thanks again

Harry

Number 3
07-25-07, 07:26 PM
yea, I have the stick on vents on my car. The triple square design ones. I think it looks cool!

harryctsv
07-26-07, 04:51 AM
yea, I have the stick on vents on my car. The triple square design ones. I think it looks cool!
Hi Number 3, do you have any pics of it?

Harry