: Sirius plug and plays??

rikrok
07-21-07, 03:10 PM
I have been looking for a decent way to add Sirius to this car, and the only thing I can make work is a plug and play unit. After sitting in it and staring at the dash I can not find a way to make it look good. Does anyone have any pics of what they have done to give me a idea?

hiljak
07-26-07, 03:19 PM
hello,

there is a gm module from sirum, SIR-GM1 that is supposed to be for 2003 to 2006 GM vehicles. I have been looking into this as I want Sirius but also don't want some janky radio hanging off my pretty dash.

I have been told that this unit doesn't work for the 2005 which I cannot except (or rather, understand). Have you been told the same? I will try to email GMgeek to see if he knows if this can be done. Don't wast your money on the plug and play just yet!!

Bikedude
07-30-07, 10:39 AM
I just had my Sirius Road Mate installed on my 05 STS. My installer ordered a bracket that goes into the wood trim just below the middle vent on the pass side. All of the wires of the docking station go in and hook up to the radio. Any good installation shop could prob do this for you. I think the braket cost about $40. I had the sat. ant. just run inside the car, and the magnet sticks to the sub-woofer on the package shelf. I had to get the radio antenna interface which is more $$ but not too much, and the FM signal to 91.9, and it works great in Cleveland, Oh. and I traveled to N.C. last weekend and had great Sat. reception all the way to Durham/Raleigh and back. BTW I have the base radio in the STS, but it shouldn't be a prob. with the Nav. unit either.

jgrade
07-31-07, 10:18 AM
I have been told again and again by Sirius, Crutchfield and the dealer that the SIR-GM1 will NOT work as a plug and play. It is not designed to be used with the Densco unit in the STS. Even the chart on the Crutchfield site lacks info for the STS.

XM sucks. I would love to add this to my car, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.