: Customizing an STS... Opinions please...

cocaines
07-21-07, 01:37 AM
I have my Black 05 sts, and i am thinking on doing some major exterior visual mods to it by summers end, and/or next spring. a lot of these mods havent been done on this model in my city nor country. and i wanted some other STS drivers opinions since i have nothing to go off of where i am located.

the 3 Mods i have been contemplating are;

1: Lambo Doors or suicide doors.
2: Air ride
3: 2 tone paint job. (black on the bottom red on top) -similar to the heritage Cadillac escalade photos which is located in the escalade section *see for reference*

any and all opinions are apprecaited, and i know its all based off of personal taste.

dkozloski
07-21-07, 02:13 AM
What you do with the doors is personal taste.

Air ride is going to ruin what is one of the best handling and riding cars made in the world. Be very careful and thoughtful before you monkey around in this area.

Two tone paint is criminality on an STS. It would make it look like a pimpmobile.

urbanski
07-21-07, 06:35 AM
oh please dont.

Buzz48317
07-21-07, 10:42 AM
Leave Lambo doors to Lamborghini as they do it better than anyone! These aren't really Lambo doors anyhow as the doors on the Countach, Diablo and Murcielago open straight up and the aftermarket 'lambo doors' open out then up, by the way sit in a car with these doors before you decide to put them on your car as the car was not engineered for these type of doors and getting in and out is a pain in the butt (and head and neck and back). In a Lamborghini the seats are far far far far lower than in the STS making ingress and egress relatively easy without hitting your head on the bottom of the door.

Besides, Lambo doors are SO 2006! Not sure how safe but this is unique.
http://jalopnik.com/cars/found-on-ebay/the-1993-lincoln-mark-viii-rolling-door-concept-car-hides-your-heavy-doors-276295.php

BirdJC
07-23-07, 08:41 AM
1 and 2 I would not suggest for reasons listed above. 3 well thats personal taste, never seen one though?? look into D3 designs for ideas, lowering kits, rim and tire combos, even consider an exhaust to set it apart. But ultimately it is your car and you can do whatever you want with it!

Aurora5000
07-23-07, 09:29 AM
1. :hotdog:

2. :ack:

3. :raspberry:

Spend your money on some aftermarket wheels...maybe exhaust system...too much cocaines

Good Luck

malatu
07-24-07, 09:19 AM
1. :hotdog:

2. :ack:

3. :raspberry:

Spend your money on some aftermarket wheels...maybe exhaust system...too much cocaines

Good Luck

Ditto

cocaines
07-25-07, 03:58 PM
i feel the same way. but i just want to try something new or different. but in regards to rims, i already have 2 sets of 20" rims and tires. so i wont be gettin new rims until maybe next spring and they will have to be 22's. the exhaust is not a mod that i really care too much for.

what other mods are out there for this car. i seen a white diamond one with the felt like top that was on older cadillac cars today. it looked pretty good, but it isnt me.

cocaines
07-25-07, 04:00 PM
does any know where i can get a STS-V hood from. i want to add it to my car, i like the sporty and aggressive look to it.

dkozloski
07-25-07, 04:28 PM
Because the hood is the first part of the car to get to the crash it's unlikely you'll find a good one in a wrecking yard so your best bet is to order one from a dealer.

z06bigbird
07-25-07, 11:49 PM
Sounds like some of us just need to stick to pimping.

Benjamin Simon
07-29-07, 11:10 PM
Yea, that totally sounds like shit.
If you really want to put some cash down, give it a stretch like the SLS. I dream about doing that everyday.
I cannot wait until cadillac offers a 7 Series, S class, LS competitors.

Bikedude
07-30-07, 11:11 AM
On my Black 05 STS V8 the first thing I did was put on a Corsa Exhaust. Great mod, looks great and sounds better. I also did the deck lid spoiler, Sirius, and next would be mesh grille, and bigger wheels. Oh yea, gonna get Blizzaks for the winter.

Curious George
07-30-07, 12:43 PM
If/when you get those 22" wheels, make sure they are chromed spinners (you know, like the wheels on Escalades).

dkozloski
08-02-07, 02:15 PM
On my Black 05 STS V8 the first thing I did was put on a Corsa Exhaust. Great mod, looks great and sounds better. I also did the deck lid spoiler, Sirius, and next would be mesh grille, and bigger wheels. Oh yea, gonna get Blizzaks for the winter.
Lotsa Luck! Blizzaks aren't offered in the correct size for the rear.