: Rear Floor Wet

nstar
07-20-07, 08:05 AM
HAS ANYONE FOUND THE REAR CARPET OR FLOOR MAT WET EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE MINE SEEMS TO BE? :bigroll:

c5 rv
07-20-07, 09:05 PM
Are you talking about the back seat or the rear cargo area? If the cargo area, look around here. There are a number of threads about wetness in the area where the jack is stored.

nstar
07-21-07, 11:25 AM
The Back Seat Sometimes Both Sides. Awd V8 Usually The Sponge Inside Door Panels Are Wet To The Extent You Can Squeeze Water Out Of It.

urbanski
07-21-07, 11:26 AM
wow, caps lock OFF please

louisn
07-21-07, 09:40 PM
The Back Seat Sometimes Both Sides. Awd V8 Usually The Sponge Inside Door Panels Are Wet To The Extent You Can Squeeze Water Out Of It.
I THINK there was a thread on this issue several years ago. But most folks like me are experiencing the leaky rear hatch-wet jack area toxic water syndrome. Try a search. This does sound vaguely familiar.

MortnCyn
07-22-07, 07:41 AM
Try this from 2005: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/30452-wet-rear-carpet-srx.html?highlight=wet+carpet

Infrared in Idaho
07-24-07, 12:01 AM
If it's in the rear compartment were the jack is stored. Try this, cut the capeting in the jack compartment, then drill two holes holes in the sheet metal, preferrably towards the front of the compartment. After all that, Rhino Line the jack compartment. I have never had a problem since. It's apparent that the jack compartment was an after-thought with GM Designers.