Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Passenger side mirror

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nmacarthur 
#1 ·
I've been driving my 1980 Fleetwood for 2 days now. It drives well, but will eventually need a tune up. One thing I noticed is that the passenger side mirror won't adjust. There is the switch that is located by the left of the radio and it seems that this is a cable type switch to manipulate the mirror. The driver's works fine, but the switch for the passenger has come loose from the console. Even when I hold it tight, the cable seems too loose.

Is there a way to tighten this?

#2 ·
With the plate removed from the dash, you will see a small set screw for an allen wrench to secure the cable end to the bezel. Rotate the cable clockwise to put tension on it then secure it with the wrench. Before putting it back in the dash, make sure the knob when pushed down brings the mirror down not up!! you can put the cable in 90 degrees wrong. You should see a flat area on the end that aligns with the dash bezel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.