: which pda phone to get

Nasty Black Lac
07-19-07, 02:29 PM
I have always had a basic cell phone and I seem to upgrade annually. This year I want to get a phone with email, internet, etc... I have Cingular and that's not negotiable. Please don't reply any info about other carriers and why they are better - I'm not changing because I have 5 cell phones on a family share plan.

Which phone is the best now? I think I am going to go with the Samsung Blackjack. Anyone Love it? Anyone Hate it? Please ring in on this. Thanks in advance.

dkozloski
07-19-07, 04:11 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33312&stc=1&d=1184872253

I had one like this.

JimmyH
07-19-07, 04:41 PM
you dont have cingular for much longer.... back to AT&T

anyway Cingular 8125 is an awesome phone. easy to unlock if you ever want to switch carriers (as long as you stay GSM). getting cheap on ebay now that newer better models are out.

http://cell-phones.search.ebay.com/cingular-8125_Phones-w-o-Service-Contracts_W0QQfromZR34QQsacatZ64355

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 06:49 PM
If you already HAVE ATT, which is half the reason the iPhone is shitty, then its a zero sum game anyway... Other than the lack of 3G, the iphone actually does all of the things you mentioned quite well, and it is able to handle full resolution Web Page browsing...

Samsung Blackjack I havent heard much about. But it and the Motorola Q are a little light in the loafers compared to the Crackberry.

codewize
07-19-07, 08:41 PM
Personally I would go for a Treo or a Nextel i930

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 08:54 PM
Ahh yes treo is a very good choice too... unfotunately alot of its appeal is lost when crippled by EDGE and of course the Nextel would mean a provider switch which he doesnt want to do.

drfong
07-19-07, 11:05 PM
With cingular I would sugest the Blackberry 8800. The data plan is the cheepest and it is bullet proof. The treo's tend to break alot, but are very nice phones if you are very easy on them. The blackjack is great if you are into mp3 and tv on your phone and the Iphone is cool if you want to spend a bunch on a first generation unit. If you are most interested in a high quality phone that does email perfectly and syncs with your computer for day planer and addresses, etc, Blackberry is the way to go.

Rey Rey 650
07-20-07, 12:17 AM
I can tell you which phone NOT to get......

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/goonzo/t-mobile-mda-dash.jpg

I liked it at first but now I absolutly hate it..... Im just waiting to lose it

Boombotz
07-20-07, 12:40 AM
I have the Blackberry 8800 series and have been very happy with it. I use it for email, text and phone all the time, I use the internet very rarely on it but it work perfect also.

nyyankeehater
07-20-07, 12:41 AM
I was using a Treo for the last few years until it fell in a pool in Cancun :drunkpair:. I never had a single issue with it, until it hit the water. I have been using a Q for the last 2 months, which is similar to a Blackjack, and I have hated it. Yesterday I switched to a new HTC Mogul which, so far, is outstanding (but not available for AT&T). I highly recommend the Treo 750 which is availble for AT&T. Windows mobile is a cool little toy to have and the phone is very durable, as long as it stays dry.

dkozloski
07-20-07, 01:06 AM
There ain't a man alive I'd be willing to pay more than a couple bucks to talk to let alone having myself tied down with a cell phone albatross around my neck. I am overjoyed that I escaped the ratrace before all this crap got going.

Nasty Black Lac
07-20-07, 11:41 AM
There ain't a man alive I'd be willing to pay more than a couple bucks to talk to let alone having myself tied down with a cell phone albatross around my neck. I am overjoyed that I escaped the ratrace before all this crap got going.

What? There was a disconnect from your head to the keyboard...

TagApl4
07-20-07, 12:21 PM
Iphone of course!

My$.02 working in corp america. Everyone in my office is rocking blackberries. and everyone who is anyone is using the new pearl and i hear lots of positives about it.

dkozloski
07-20-07, 02:06 PM
Someday you too will see the light and welcome any chance you can get to escape to some peace and quiet with your family.

c5 rv
07-20-07, 11:12 PM
Palm Treo is probably the best way to go if you value the PDA functionality. I prefer to have a small phone that can fit in my jeans pocket on the weekends and a separate Palm PDA. However, I don't do remote email or texting.