: Xbox 360

dwight.j.carter
07-18-07, 08:44 PM
I am trying to sell my xbox 360 I put in the 120gb hard drive and am asking 450.00 for it if your interested let me know. The machine cost 399.99 and the hard drive was 179.99 I also am including a set of monster hd cables along with a fiber optic audio cable.

railven
07-19-07, 07:23 PM
Good luck getting $450 for that. Note that for $20 bucks more you can get a sleek Elite with an HDMI port.

Either way I'm still waiting for mine to get back from the shop.

dkozloski
07-19-07, 07:46 PM
Don't XBOX's have such a high failure rate that Microsoft is having spasms?

codewize
07-19-07, 08:39 PM
Yes all 7 million XBoxes sold are faulty. MS has spent millions to extend the warranty to 3 years banking on the fact that this move will cost them less than a recall.

There is a heat problem on the MB and since the X brace applies pressure to the MB the movement over time causes premature solder failure. It will happen to every single one it's just when will it happen.

The Tony Show
07-19-07, 09:25 PM
^ Wow.....you sound pretty sure of yourself.

I've got a day one launch system, and it's still truckin'.

railven
07-20-07, 12:53 AM
Yes all 7 million XBoxes sold are faulty. MS has spent millions to extend the warranty to 3 years banking on the fact that this move will cost them less than a recall.

There is a heat problem on the MB and since the X brace applies pressure to the MB the movement over time causes premature solder failure. It will happen to every single one it's just when will it happen.

As far as the research goes he's right though.

Except MS already put out 1 BILLION just to extend the warranties from 1yr to 3 yrs. That's not including what it has already had to pay to replace/repair already damaged units.

MS still doesn't want to give an official number but experts in the field and just your average survey are going between 33% up to an unbelievable 55%. MS fired one of their chipset manufacturers and is moving to a new die size in hopes of cutting costs but so far the benefits have not been measured as the change has not happened.

Sucks for MS. Sony is starting to gain ground and the Wii is still selling like hot cakes. This is turning out to be a damn good consoles war.

Patrick7997
07-20-07, 02:04 AM
My launch day 360 was replaced last fall... almost lasted a year.

I love the console. I would highly recommend it.

Keep a fan on it. It likes to get hot while it's running.... The replacement one I got is really no better than the original, temperature wise.

Jesda
07-20-07, 04:22 AM
I was seriously about to buy a new 360 until I heard about overheating issues. PS3 is lame, so that leaves Wii.

Screw it all. I love my Dreamcast.

Blackout
07-20-07, 06:12 AM
I was seriously about to buy a new 360 until I heard about overheating issues. PS3 is lame, so that leaves Wii.

Screw it all. I love my Dreamcast.

They are making a new 360 that I think is coming out this fall that is going to have a 65 nm versus the current 90 nm. So it will produce less heat