: Prius owners at it again

gary88
07-18-07, 07:09 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19818804/

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-07, 07:31 PM
I generally hate Hummers almost as much as I hate Priuses, but man, this really pisses me off. Man I hate radical enviromentalists, but I love how MSNBC used the phrase "smug satisfaction" in that article, somebody's been watching South Park.

To the owner, I guess I'd have it repaired and put back out. Or you could always buy a Prius and make an example out of that. But from the way it sounds, the owner of the H2 SUT was a pretty agreeable, laid back kinda guy.

I have to wonder if we're flying under "their" radar with our Cadillacs... I'd think so.

The Tony Show
07-18-07, 09:55 PM
Goddamn hippies.... I hate people like this.

I wouldn't buy a hybrid if gas went to $10 a gallon, just to avoid having a single thing in common with the self-satisfied egomaniacs who drive Priuses (or is it Priii?).

Jonas McFeely
07-18-07, 10:06 PM
Some ass bag in a Prius tried to act like he was somebody on my way to work the other day. Sonofabitch was driving like he stole it. I thought to myself "so much for MPG, dipshit".

I see no difference between Prius and Hummer owners. They represent extremes. Prius owners are just more annoying.

77CDV
07-18-07, 10:07 PM
While I, too, think Hummers are plain silly, this is just wrong. The guy should get it fixed up and park it exactly where it is now, just to make a statement.

Rolex
07-18-07, 10:31 PM
I immediately went looking on youtube for the episode of South Park where people like the smell of their own farts. :mad: For the invironment = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/jerkit.gif.

90Brougham350
07-18-07, 10:32 PM
Hahaha, we should organize a support rally for him, let's all hop in our Caddies and drive down there. Calling all Escalades and big blocks!

Brian

LS1Mike
07-18-07, 11:45 PM
Hummers don't bother me 6.0 (LQ9) 4L60E Tahoe Chasis, just heavy.
I don't see anyone bitching at 3/4 ton 1 ton gas trucks that do just as bad.
I guess those are a necessity to get work done.
Seeing that autos are about 15 to 20 percent of greenhouse gases, GM dosen't sell enough Hummers for it to really even matter.
I know there are some older Caddys on here that get right around 14 to 16 MPG and don't get emssions as clean as a new GM 6.0.
My WS6 passes the sniffer without cats.

Sandy
07-18-07, 11:53 PM
What I cannot understand is these enviro people so hate big & thirsty cars and trucks and are so bent on their mission, as to destroy anther person's property. The Hummer owner broke no laws and did nothing wrong, but the enviro people certainly did.
Now, if they are so friggen upset over a vehicle uising more gas and possibly sending out more polution than another vehicle might, WHY are the NOT concerned with the takeover of our American automobile industry by the Asian manufacturers? Several American makes have died (Plymouth, Oldsmobile) and GM Ford & Chryser are fighting for their lives, and IF they should go down....the blow to our economy, the job & career loss, the drain upon unemployment and the domino effect on our American corporations will be severe! They are taking over our #1 industry, transportation.
So, why aren't these idiots out smashing up Nissans & Kias and Toyopets, and Infiniti & Lexi and others. At least the man bought an American vehicle.

I would never ever purchase anything but a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle, as I support America and America's corporations and industrial base.

LS1Mike
07-19-07, 12:03 AM
At least the man bought an American vehicle.

I would never ever purchase anything but a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle, as I support America and America's corporations and industrial base.

I am with you on that one. The day I buy an import name plate car, new or used is the day you can lynch me.
I am not old enought to remeber Pearl Harbor or D-Day, but I was smart enough to read about it when I served in the Navy for 11 years.
You can take your import and shove it where the sun don't shine.
If you are driving an import sorry to offend, but if you are living here in America take some time out of your day to read up on WWII or any war we fought in for that matter, look at the sacrifices made and then take your import down to the local GM, Ford, or Mopar dealer and get a real car.

It sickens me when I see a support the troops sticker or American flag on an import. Good on ya if your really support those things. But my guess is If you supported the troops and America, you would have bought a domestic nameplate.

Sorry...Rant off.

Jesda
07-19-07, 12:07 AM
Liberals using terrorism as a tactic. I'm shocked.

Just kidding, I'm not.

LS1Mike
07-19-07, 12:11 AM
Liberals using terrorism as a tactic. I'm shocked.

Just kidding, I'm not.

For some odd reason, I Laughed my ass off when I read that...:bouncy: :) :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-19-07, 12:43 AM
id just like to say i get a honest 60 mpg , make that a big hairy macho american big balled 60 mpg ....

on my harley .....

prius owners not only waste gas in my opion , but they got too many tires too ....many priuses only have one person inside ....hmm , thats pretty wasteful ...if they really wanted to help the enviroment they would buy something that seated one ....plus they were all stupid enough to belive the damn thing would get the milage on the window sticker .....pissed away money that coulda been spent on a car that is REALLY and HONESTLY efficent , a diesel ....

and at least i can get great milage without looseing my manhood ....

and i did it with something thats AMERICAN !!!

prius owners are by far some of the most shortsighted americans out there , there hurting the enviroment more then a 1 ton GM pickup ...at least the pickup can be recycled ....more then i can say for the priuses 100+lbs of toxic waste called a battery ....

Red_October_7000
07-19-07, 12:50 AM
The funny thing is that the worst MPG and rollover risks are not SUVs but 15-man vans. They suck gas like nobody's business and roll if you sneeze on the broad side. These people that target SUVs are not interested in the environment but are simpletons who are envious of someone with something better than them.

Priuses are more conspicous consumption than any SUV, they are very hard on the environment (The plant where they make Prius batteries is in the middle of a wasteland where nothing grows due to its pollution; and these batteries have to be disposed of) in reality, and their MPG numbers come from "playing" the EPA testing, in real driving the numbers diverge much more sharply than with other cars. Nobody buys a Prius because he really cares about the environment, they buy it because they think they'll save money on gas (doesn't happen, you'd have to drive 65,000 miles a year for 10 years before you saw returns and they batteries don't last that long) or, much more likely, because they want people to *think* they care about the environment. If I had the money to burn ($65,000)I'd buy a new diesel Benz that gets 800 miles on a tankful and burns clean, and gods knows diesel Benzes last for freaking ever. All in all the sad fact is that since the advent of the Catalytic converter, the difference between a very polluting vehicle and clean vehicle is small, the big difference comes when you step into a car versus not.

It gets even better, though, the biggest greanhouse gas is Co2, and anthropogenic Co2 is only something like 13% of all Co2. Eliminating all SUVs, or even all cars, wouldn't touch global warming. Eliminating man would hardly even dent it! Global warming is just a fact. They've found global warming on Mars. I'm sure it's the pollution caused by the odd handful of rovers we sent up there, because man is just the biggest woe to hit the universe, don't'cha know? :\

Edit: good point on the motorbike, Stoney... I worked at a dealership selling those things and I forgot about the friggin' MPG numbers. Nobody looks at a dude on a motorbike and thinks "There's somebody doing his part to reduce fuel consumption". Well, I do, but it's all about what people think, not what the truth is, which is why people reject diesels as "dirty" and don't give a fig about motorbikes, and think that an Abortion like the Prius is a good idea.

Rey Rey 650
07-19-07, 01:03 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19818804/

Thought this was most appropriate over here :)

RightTurn
07-19-07, 01:04 AM
Haters suck.

xshrpshtr
07-19-07, 01:06 AM
Typical childish response from braindead libs...did you expect anything less from a liberal?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 01:08 AM
The only reason 95% of Prius owners own Priuses is because they make a statement. I wanna see the sales number of the Honda Civic & Accord Hybrid and the Ford Escape Hybrid and even the Camry Hybrid in comparison! I bet they aren't 15% of what the Priuses sales are! But they're still Hybrids and in effect, are very similiar, but people won't buy them because they don't symbolize what the Prius does.

F the Prius

Oh and buy the way, I'm never moving to Washington/Oregon. It seems like the enviromentalists have the stranglehold on the public. Give me the good old midwest, where big cars are loved and praised!

exesivefire
07-19-07, 01:15 AM
karma is a %*&$ though..

personally, i would get it fixed and put it right back where it was..

I hated bullies in grade school, i sure as hell wouldnt put up with them now..

Rey Rey 650
07-19-07, 01:18 AM
^ Sounds like someone got picked on lol jk...... Yea, hopefully the people who messed with the hummer get caught

exesivefire
07-19-07, 01:29 AM
yup i did...

but like i said karma is a %#&*

I am doing just fine now :)

Night Wolf
07-19-07, 01:37 AM
I am with you on that one. The day I buy an import name plate car, new or used is the day you can lynch me.
I am not old enought to remeber Pearl Harbor or D-Day, but I was smart enough to read about it when I served in the Navy for 11 years.
You can take your import and shove it where the sun don't shine.
If you are driving an import sorry to offend, but if you are living here in America take some time out of your day to read up on WWII or any war we fought in for that matter, look at the sacrifices made and then take your import down to the local GM, Ford, or Mopar dealer and get a real car.

It sickens me when I see a support the troops sticker or American flag on an import. Good on ya if your really support those things. But my guess is If you supported the troops and America, you would have bought a domestic nameplate.

Sorry...Rant off.

To some people, their car is just a mode of transportation....

So if you own an import you can't support our troops or America?

I live in a town that is what it is because of an air force base.... it employees something like 35,000 people. It is a military base, but surprisingly the majority of the people are civilan. Everyone is dressed in camo though.

There are also these people, coming home from work, from the base..... in their Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans and all other imports....

Or do they really not care about our country, or our troops cause they drive an import?

I guess I don't care about our country or our troops either cause I drive an import.

I remember when you were going to get an Isuzu Vehi-Cross...... every VX was made in Japan and shipped the the US.....

Our French-built and Canada-built airplanes have American flags on them.....

I'm proud to be American, I support our troops, I am Republican, I am not a tree hugger, and I don't care about gas mileage, other then complaing about the crappy mileage the Lincoln gets.... I drive an import.

Tho the purchase price of my import when towards the purchase of a domestic.... so in a way I supported the American car companies by buying an import.....

Proud to be an American while driving an import :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/PDR_0735.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/soulpatch75/ONF/DSCF0504.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 01:39 AM
Let's try to keep this out of the political zone here folks, I like how this thread started, let's keep it going that way.

Jesda
07-19-07, 01:42 AM
I think we just got RICKROLL'D

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 01:49 AM
Regardless of how you feel on this issue, destruction of someone else's personal property is against the law, and the rule of law is more important than anyone's political agenda, the environ, collectivism, or mother earth. The rule of law is based on the respect for the freedoms of others. That freedom is the only thing that separates this country from savagery.

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 01:52 AM
You know my stance on imports. A car is a car, period. Besides, the auto industry as a whole is responsible for alot of the debt in this country to begin with. If people got smart and stopped financing vehicles they couldnt afford, I can assure you the entire industry would fold. I owe nothing to any American corporation, nor will I ever feel as such. This country was built on the ideals and ethics of many cultures, whether or not they accept us is no reason for us not to set the example. That coming from someone who considers himself pretty conservative.

Speaking of setting examples... Destruction of personal property is against the law, period. The tree hugger(s) responsible will hopefully be dealt with as necessary.

That aside, only MSNBC could cover that story with such vigor :rolleyes: . Prii and MSNBC... haven of the SP's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 01:54 AM
Regardless of how you feel on this issue, destruction of someone else's personal property is against the law, and the rule of law is more important than anyone's political agenda, the environ, collectivism, or mother earth. The rule of law is based on the respect for the freedoms of others. That freedom is the only thing that separates this country from savagery.

Wise words from the Marine!

Now how come we never hear any stories of a bunch of Hummer owners trashing somebody's Prius? Oh yeah, that's right, because they've got the tact and common courtesy not to screw with anyone else's property. These environmentalist radical hippie types REALLY grind my gears.

Ever heard about the "Earth Liberation Front"? This is something else. They're basically enviro-terrorists. They've got a track record of burning/damaging big SUV's in dealership lots, burning down buildings and property that they see as "anti environment" in national parks and stuff. Really mind blowing stuff.

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front

RedGalant2k1
07-19-07, 02:01 AM
You know my stance on imports. A car is a car, period. Besides, the auto industry as a whole is responsible for alot of the debt in this country to begin with. If people got smart and stopped financing vehicles they couldnt afford, I can assure you the entire industry would fold. I owe nothing to any American corporation, nor will I ever feel as such. This country was built on the ideals and ethics of many cultures, whether or not they accept us is no reason for us not to set the example.

That aside, only MSNBC could cover that story with such vigor :rolleyes: . Prii and MSNBC... haven of the SP's.

How is the auto industry responsible for the consumers choices? Taxes and ignorance are the issue, not auto companies.

Sandy, Plmouth and Oldsmobile were overkill and long past their usefulness. GM and Chrysler needed to trim the fat a little bit. I'd rather see them save some money and build a better brand like Cadillac, or Chrysler with better quality. I think they've done exactly that.

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 02:10 AM
How is the auto industry responsible for the consumers choices? Taxes and ignorance are the issue, not auto companies.

Sandy, Plmouth and Oldsmobile were overkill and long past their usefulness. GM and Chrysler needed to trim the fat a little bit. I'd rather see them save some money and build a better brand like Cadillac, or Chrysler with better quality. I think they've done exactly that.

Im not sure where taxes come into play, but if the auto industry was not so busy pushing long term zero percent financing and rebates on the consumer as ways to move vehicles, rather than selling the vehicles on their own merits, the industry itself would be in a much better position. The consumer may be ignorant, but having the message that its ok to finance something you couldnt pay for to begin with broadcast at you from every direction certainly not does not help the situation, and now years of finance based revenues are negatively affecting the entire industry, and the domestics in particular.

And I would SERIOUSLY beg to differ on your opinion of at least Oldsmobile. Killing Oldsmobile was NOT one of GM's smarter choices and has cost them millions of dollars in lawsuits as a result. Oldsmobile was *just* beginning to see a renaissance in its product line (Aurora, Bravada, other vehicles in the pipeline) when it was suddenly strangled at the whim of GM executives. I am not one to deny the extinction of a brand where merited, but Oldsmobile was far from that point.

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 02:15 AM
Wise words from the Marine!

Now how come we never hear any stories of a bunch of Hummer owners trashing somebody's Prius? Oh yeah, that's right, because they've got the tact and common courtesy not to screw with anyone else's property. These environmentalist radical hippie types REALLY grind my gears.

Ever heard about the "Earth Liberation Front"? This is something else. They're basically enviro-terrorists. They've got a track record of burning/damaging big SUV's in dealership lots, burning down buildings and property that they see as "anti environment" in national parks and stuff. Really mind blowing stuff.

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front

Thanks, man!

For the most part you won't hear about any Hummer owners destroying property like this, and if they do, they get prosecuted. It's that simple.

Yeah, I've heard about ELF. I referred to them in a paper I did for a Criminal Justice class. Their acronym makes me laugh; they should be shoveling reindeer excrement as opposed to even trying to compare themselves to combat-hardened terrorists. Most of them would fold and piss themselves the second a cop pulled a gun and told them to put their hands on their empty heads.

To any ELF personnel reading this; I dare you to even look at my Caddy in a threatening manner.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 02:24 AM
To any ELF personnel reading this; I dare you to even look at my Caddy in a threatening manner.

Haha, I don't think you need to worry about that. I don't think there are any Prius owners hiding around on here. :eyes:

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 02:27 AM
Haha, I don't think you need to worry about that. I don't think there are any Prius owners hiding around on here. :eyes:

Haha true, true. All of this common sense and patriotism is toxic to them.

pabstcadillac
07-19-07, 02:36 AM
Yet another problem that could have been nipped in the bud by a Colt M70 1911 or a S&W .357 Magnum. :alchi:

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 02:39 AM
Yet another problem that could have been nipped in the bud by a Colt M70 1911 or a S&W .357 Magnum. :alchi:

You should try the M16A2 with NATO FMJ rounds. Goodbye terrorists, foreign and domestic.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 02:43 AM
So do any of us Cadillac owners feel threatened by these environazis or do you all think that our big cars (SUV owners not withstanding) are flying beneath their radar? It seems to me in all the cases I've heard about, the "environazis" go after the big SUVs (Suburbans, Excursions, Hummers, but never the Armadas or Sequoias) and generally leave the full sized cars, pick up trucks and vans alone.

Oh, and there are only two Prius owners I don't dislike: my grandma, and Larry David.
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/ap/d2f37fb4-a87a-454e-a553-379fe24d9295.hmedium.jpg

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 02:51 AM
So do any of us Cadillac owners feel threatened by these environazis or do you all think that our big cars (SUV owners not withstanding) are flying beneath their radar? It seems to me in all the cases I've heard about, the "environazis" go after the big SUVs (Suburbans, Excursions, Hummers, but never the Armadas or Sequoias) and generally leave the full sized cars, pick up trucks and vans alone.

Oh, and there are only two Prius owners I don't despite: My grandma, and Larry David.
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/ap/d2f37fb4-a87a-454e-a553-379fe24d9295.hmedium.jpg

Their MO seems to be destroying logging equipment and anything symbolic of prosperity that happens to be percieved as destroying the earth. I think our Caddies are possible targets to them, but not high priority ones.

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 03:03 AM
Not a threat.

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 03:31 AM
Good for them. Has anyone looked at their home page yet?

phredd
07-19-07, 07:08 AM
maybe the kid is a jerk and it was a personal attack. The need to throw useless labels like conservative or liberal toward crime shows show a blatant lack of education and forethought. No one endorses crime regardless of their political leanings. Take your politics somewhere else.

RobertCTS
07-19-07, 08:32 AM
Caddys and Hummers make good stable mates. They look good in my driveway too.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/h3-vader-copy.jpg

Sandy
07-19-07, 09:07 AM
Thank You 93deVilleUSMC!
This is the top statement. (I wish I had thought of it)

"" All of this common sense and patriotism is toxic to them. ""

Cars I consider when buying:
Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Lincoln, Mercury, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & Isuzu.

To answer the question on Isuzu....
Isuzu is no more. Isuzu (the current Isuzu) is 100% American made, sourced and designed.
Isuzu no longer has cars to sell. They are all rebadged G.M. cars.
To Answer the Chrysler question, while Daimler-Chrysler is a joint deal, Chrysler still
remains an American Corporation, designing & building in the USA and said profits
go to help Chrysler Corp and it's American citizen work force.

Subaru was partly owned by GM, but 2 years ago GM sold their stock in Subaru to Toyopet.

Now, before a war of words breaks out, here, this is my opinion and what I believe.
America is a free country and I am free as the next guy to make my own decessions.
I will not be swayed by any other "ideas" ~

I support domestic corporation's products over imports, and I support the UAW and
95% of all labor unions. IMHO, to NOT do so, is UNAmerican.
(and) there are enough people & countries out there that are also UNAmerican.

Jesda
07-19-07, 09:59 AM
Chrysler is owned by a NY equity firm now anyway.

UAW needs to die a horrible death. Not literally of course, just organizationally.

The Tony Show
07-19-07, 11:49 AM
Caddys and Hummers make good stable mates.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/h3-vader-copy.jpg

I agree- I got a Hummer in my Caddy once. Sweet.

93DevilleUSMC
07-19-07, 01:08 PM
maybe the kid is a jerk and it was a personal attack. The need to throw useless labels like conservative or liberal toward crime shows show a blatant lack of education and forethought. No one endorses crime regardless of their political leanings. Take your politics somewhere else.

Actually, if you read ELF's home page, they claim that they have no structure; therefore, any attack under their name is a personal attack to begin with.

Also, political leanings can and sometimes do motivate a person's criminal actions. Granted, there is no definitive proof that a particular suspect was involved; however, the phrase "for the environ" key-scratched into the vehicle's sign points unquestionably toward a political motivation. Given that environmentalist concerns are not a major conservative issue, but are a liberal one, and the fact that the area the crime occurred in has a strong liberal demographic, it is very likely that the crime was motivated by liberal environmentalism.

gdwriter
07-19-07, 03:30 PM
I see no difference between Prius and Hummer owners. They represent extremes. Prius owners are just more annoying.:yeah:

While I, too, think Hummers are plain silly, this is just wrong. The guy should get it fixed up and park it exactly where it is now, just to make a statement.I think Hummers are ridiculous as well and figure the owners are, um, compensating. But trashing somebody else's property like that is just plain criminal, and I hope the cops can find the culprits. They should have to pay for the repairs out of their own pockets. What I find almost as annoying are the smug neighbors who are giving this guy looks that say "you got what you deserved." What a nasty bunch of people!

Typical childish response from braindead libs...did you expect anything less from a liberal?I think a more correct description would be brain dead environmental radicals. I'm a pragmatic moderate, but I get really tired of seeing words like "liberal" and even "conservative" used as cuss-word labels.

Oh and buy the way, I'm never moving to Washington/Oregon. It seems like the environmentalists have the stranglehold on the public. Give me the good old Midwest, where big cars are loved and praised!Hey, we're not all crazy tree huggers out here. Yeah, we've got a lot of Prii and Subaru station wagons on our roads, but plenty of Suburbans and other huge SUVs, too. Besides, the Hummer incident was in Washington, DC.

z06bigbird
07-19-07, 05:40 PM
Goddamn hippies.... I hate people like this.

I wouldn't buy a hybrid if gas went to $10 a gallon, just to avoid having a single thing in common with the self-satisfied egomaniacs who drive Priuses (or is it Priii?).

(Pricks??)

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 06:44 PM
Actually, if you read ELF's home page, they claim that they have no structure; therefore, any attack under their name is a personal attack to begin with.

Also, political leanings can and sometimes do motivate a person's criminal actions. Granted, there is no definitive proof that a particular suspect was involved; however, the phrase "for the environ" key-scratched into the vehicle's sign points unquestionably toward a political motivation. Given that environmentalist concerns are not a major conservative issue, but are a liberal one, and the fact that the area the crime occurred in has a strong liberal demographic, it is very likely that the crime was motivated by liberal environmentalism.

Amen. Points for you.

dkozloski
07-19-07, 11:10 PM
Michael Savage is right; liberalism is a mental disorder.

Playdrv4me
07-19-07, 11:52 PM
Michael Savage is right; liberalism is a mental disorder.

lol, I thought he might actually say something about it today... although I did remember hes actually one of the few truly right leaning environmentalists, hes a real big animals and environment guy... I believe his degree is in anthropology or plants or something. Of course, the difference is, he would never advocate VIOLENCE against someone else's property to get his point across.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 11:57 PM
I think somebody should key "for the country" into the side of a Prius.

93DevilleUSMC
07-20-07, 02:57 AM
LOL yes, maybe so. Or, better yet...:brutal:

Jesda
07-20-07, 04:11 AM
Hummers look like full size Tonka toys, at least in yellow. Thats earns them a few cool points.

Not sure I'd ever pick one as transportation, but I'd put one in my driveway and wash it once a week. :) In fact, all I really need is the body shell. No need for an interior or drivetrain.

Jesda
07-20-07, 05:39 AM
Also:
http://news.windingroad.com/trends/study-consumer-interest-in-diesel-nearly-doubles-hybrids-wane/

Rolex
07-20-07, 09:07 AM
Also:
http://news.windingroad.com/trends/study-consumer-interest-in-diesel-nearly-doubles-hybrids-wane/

There's a trend I could subscribe to. I'd say my little Honda truck would be a different vehicle (more like a real truck) if it had a small diesel engine.

93DevilleUSMC
07-20-07, 09:33 PM
If liberals cared, they would be buying Dodge and Chevy diesels. No, wait, they can't do that; it would bolster the American economy as opposed to undermining it.

Highway Star
07-21-07, 01:49 AM
Maybe it's the skeptic in me, but will we find out next week that the owner hired somebody to do this, or maybe did it himself? That's why these kinda things don't faze me anymore, it all sounds a bit suspect. At the very least, it will probably turn out to be some dumb kids doing a YouBube skit.

Funny thing is, when I Google "Prius vandals", all I get is a story about a Hummer being vandalized. What has one got to do with the other?

77CDV
07-21-07, 02:59 AM
Once his Phaeton is finished, I say Don Benzilla should drive up to DC and pay his "respects" to these "environmentalists".;)

ShadowLvr400
07-21-07, 04:08 PM
I say, forget all these new hybrids and crap. Which is harder on the environment, building a bunch of brand new hybrids, with all the chemicals in the batteries, and the plastics to build it, or fix my 11 year old Cadillac? I'll keep my old dinosaur running and protect the environment that way. Sure I've only been averaging 13 to the gallon for a while, but oddly, my new CAI has stepped it up to 15+. Kinda nice. :)

dkozloski
07-21-07, 05:56 PM
Back in the day there were some pretty radical concept cars on the road. I envisioned Chrysler's turbine car turning 35,000 RPM colliding with Ford's electric car with molten sulfer as the battery electrolyte and the GM/Lear bus with a 1500PSI steam boiler.

Levand16
07-21-07, 11:18 PM
I don't believe that all these cars are as bad as they say they are. Global warming is a bunch of crap if you ask me! I don't think global warming is happening because of the cars we drive, I think global warming is something that has happened before and is happening again it's just part of how the world works!

Screw gas prices, I'll keep driving my escalade till it dies. Then I'll buy another Escalade, or something of an equal class. BTW: I just got back from a 660 mile trip, where I got 14.8 MPG with mixed HWY and city driving!

dkozloski
07-22-07, 01:56 AM
I don't believe that all these cars are as bad as they say they are. Global warming is a bunch of crap if you ask me! I don't think global warming is happening because of the cars we drive, I think global warming is something that has happened before and is happening again it's just part of how the world works!

Screw gas prices, I'll keep driving my escalade till it dies. Then I'll buy another Escalade, or something of an equal class. BTW: I just got back from a 660 mile trip, where I got 14.8 MPG with mixed HWY and city driving!
There has definitely been a need for a long time for cleaning up the air in some localities. I was living in Pomona, California in 1962. If you had clothes hanging on a clothes line they were ruined ovenight. The air stank so bad you wanted to barf, and the smog was so bad you couldn't see the sun for days. Several excursions I made to the eastern seaboard showed that conditions there were almost as bad. The people there were used to it. They got insulted when I asked them how long it had been since they had seen the sun. Here in Fairbanks we have day after day with a visibility over two hundred miles. Cars are a big part of the problem along with industrialization. It's all a matter of priorities. We can make all the stuff here ourselves and live in the mess or we can export the manufacturing jobs overseas, exploit the hell out of Chinese 25 cent an hour labor so the stuff is cheap and let them live in the mess.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-22-07, 05:31 PM
I too think this global warming thing they're trying to push on us is shit. I think it's just one of those cycles of earth..like the opposite of an ice age.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-22-07, 05:40 PM
somebody get gore on the phone ...we got an issue ....we must find out why all the ice melted that caused the end of the last ice age ....

becuse global warming is what we caused , there must be another cuase for the ice age to melt .....

i say it was dubya , hes got a time machine made out of a old oil well

Playdrv4me
07-24-07, 01:43 AM
There is no question that it's our responsibility to take care of the planet we live on, and I dont doubt that we aren't responsible for some of the detrimental effects that have happened in the past 100 years (PCB's in lakes and streams, acid rain etc). But there is plenty of information that supports the fact that the earth moves on cyclical warming and cooling cycles, so to blame all humanity for temperature changes is ludicrous and just plain short-sighted.

JimmyH
07-24-07, 09:13 PM
ok i dont get it
what does a vandalized hummer have to do with a prius? or is this really another "lets pick on a group of car owners we dont like" thread?

There has definitely been a need for a long time for cleaning up the air in some localities.

I too think this global warming thing they're trying to push on us is shit. I think it's just one of those cycles of earth..like the opposite of an ice age.

ever been to phoenix? where does smog go in a valley that rarely gets any wind? nowhere, that's where.

id just like to say i get a honest 60 mpg , make that a big hairy macho american big balled 60 mpg ....

on my harley .....

wow, lucky you, the most I ever got out of my 600cc Ninja was 48 mpg, course i had a hard time resisting the twist of the wrist (lets not get carried away with that sentence)

UAW needs to die a horrible death. Not literally of course, just organizationally.

amen brother, if you want a big reason for the pickle US car companies find themselves in, look no further

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-07, 09:31 PM
ok i dont get it
what does a vandalized hummer have to do with a prius? or is this really another "lets pick on a group of car owners we dont like" thread?

Prius owners/environazis vandalized some guys hummer because it's "bad on the environment", then all of his neighbors that own Priuses gave him that smug "you got what was comin' to you look" afterwords.

Bastards.

ever been to phoenix? where does smog go in a valley that rarely gets any wind? nowhere, that's where.

We are responsible for the smog (and the Prius owners, the smug), but it's tough to say that we're responsible for all of the global warming. It's been proven that the warming and cooling of the earth is a long term global cycle.

JimmyH
07-24-07, 10:00 PM
Prius owners/environazis vandalized some guys hummer because it's "bad on the environment", then all of his neighbors that own Priuses gave him that smug "you got what was comin' to you look" afterwords.

I still dont see any references to Prius in that article, or even environmentalists. Except for the scratch made by the masked neerdowells (who I highly doubt even understand what an environmentalist is)

Stoneage_Caddy
07-24-07, 10:05 PM
lived in fairbanks , another valley .....yup seen smog , lived in la , yup seen smog ....

everyone wants to blame cars ...sure we aint helping ....but when is the last time you saw oxygen injection and catalytic converters on power plants ? ig ot one up the street thatll change anyones mind about what really is polluteing the air ...

then well talk jet engines ....

prius owners have a history of vandailizeing hummers .... thus this hummer is likly also vandiazed by the same ....its called profileing , ask rodeny king , it works ...

ive always thought prius owners were some fo the most ignornant owners in the world ...if they were truely "educated" they would have bought VW diesels like all the tree huggers did before toyota came up with a clever marketing scheme ....

over a span of even 10 years a VW diesel will leave behind a far cleaner impact then the toyopet ....the prius has to dispose of plugs , batterys , and god only know what else to keep it running ...where the humble diesel might need a small typtical automoive battery and a fuel filter ....oh and a timing belt ...not to mention the fact that a gasoline engine is about as effiecnt as our goverment ....where the diesel offers a almost complete burn and with todays particulate filters and cow urea injection is damn near as clean burning as any gas engine ever made , and with the use of low sulfur fuel , it pollutes less ....

i have every right to poke fun and pick on prius owners , just like i have the right to make fun of anyone who is dumb enough to foam about the mouth over something they really know nothing about ....like the news media ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-07, 10:05 PM
I still dont see any references to Prius in that article, or even environmentalists. Except for the scratch made by the masked neerdowells (who I highly doubt even understand what an environmentalist is)

That's odd, they edited that article. When I first read it, it was written in there that a lot of his neighbors owned Priuses, and a lot of them gave him that "you got what was coming to you" look.

When was the first time you read it Jimmy?

Stoneage_Caddy
07-24-07, 10:08 PM
yeah theres sevral storys , a few ive read pointed directly at prius owners doing it , ala the fiasco a few years ago in cali

JimmyH
07-24-07, 10:09 PM
I think earlier this afternoon. around 3pm maybe? that makes sense then. Maybe the prius owner's club took exception to the references.

I only know one prius owner, but she knows a few others. I can tell you, none of them gives a crap about the environment. They drive it for one reason, high mpg. Actually the lady I know also owns a Sequoia. She bought the prius over a gas powered Civic, cause the prius "is cute."

Stoneage_Caddy
07-24-07, 10:15 PM
well , the prius is a good looking car ...

cant belive i just said that

ejguillot
07-24-07, 10:57 PM
A Prius is a good looking car? You're either:

1) Putting us on, or
2) In need of a vision exam. :)

gary88
07-24-07, 11:04 PM
The only hybrid I would consider now is the GS450h. The GS is the only Lexus I like.

http://www.partstrain.com/images/The_Auto_Blog/lexas-gs450h.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-25-07, 12:00 AM
I only know one prius owner, but she knows a few others. I can tell you, none of them gives a crap about the environment. They drive it for one reason, high mpg. Actually the lady I know also owns a Sequoia. She bought the prius over a gas powered Civic, cause the prius "is cute."

And there are a lot of owners that bought them just for that reason, but we (the public) always stereotype Prius owners as these nutjob left wing enviromentalist types that always listen to NPR, wear socks with sandals (oh no, the humanity!) and are always more than happy to make love to a tree. But then again, Cadillac owners are probably sterotyped by the public as a bunch of old farts who go to bingo games every sunday at 3 and make a habit of going to Denny's everyday at 3:30 for the earlybird dinner while they talk about the "good old days".

My grandma with a Prius has always been gentle friendly to earth, but she's no environazi, and she's the only Prius owner I know, but one of the guys I used to work with now works at the Toyota dealer across the street and I asked him once if the Prius owners were really as bad as we joke that they are. He said a lot of them did have the democrat/liberal bumper stickers on their cars and when he'd get in their cars, a lot of them were tuned to NPR.

So maybe there is something in this.....?

JimmyH
07-25-07, 11:51 AM
The only hybrid I would consider now is the GS450h. The GS is the only Lexus I like.

http://www.partstrain.com/images/The_Auto_Blog/lexas-gs450h.jpg

nah, thats not a hybrid, thats toyota supplanting displacement with technology for the sake of more power. gotta give em points for innovation though. especially with the new LS600h. only toyota would go after the V-12 competition with a hybrid V-8.

The Tony Show
07-25-07, 01:05 PM
So maybe there is something in this.....?

Nah....

RobertCTS
07-25-07, 05:11 PM
My Friend, "Old RoadDawg" over in the V Forum taunts he has a Hybrid CTS-V. It burns gas and rubber!!!!!!!!!!! YeeHaww:bouncy:
It's what a real car was designed to do!!:thumbsup: