: Creaking Noise 2007 SRX - Near Ultraview

marcSRX
07-18-07, 04:04 PM
Anyone else have creaking noise coming from ultraview? I think the noise is coming from around the frame of the ultraview. It is not as loud with the sun visor closed. It's much loader/apparent on roads of lesser quality, but even on smooth roads the noise exists. Driving me crazy!

sgilbert
07-18-07, 04:29 PM
Yup---got it! Dealer has never been able to eliminate it. Worst is with "body twist" as with bottom of driveways, dips in roadway, and pot holes.

marcSRX
07-18-07, 04:53 PM
Crap...Does that mean we have to live with it? How did you first describe it to them?

Also, I agree with this...
"Worst is with "body twist" as with bottom of driveways, dips in roadway, and pot holes."

caddycruiser
07-18-07, 06:58 PM
The issue of rattles and creaks with the Ultraview has been poured over to death already in the past...just do a search.

While not everyone has problems, it's been a well known feature of the glass roof to make objectionable sounds, some because of seals, some because of loose or bad mechanisms, it all depends. Usually, dealers know about them by now and are decent at fixing them, so that's your best bet.

c5 rv
07-18-07, 07:46 PM
I'm starting to have a creak from the rear headliner area when going over bumps in my non-ultraview SRX. I'll have to take it in once it becomes consistent.