Cadillac Owners Forum banner

02 Dts nav upgrade error?

3K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  443203 
#1 ·
i bought a 2006 cadi nav upgrade disc to upgrade my 2002 dts nav system. i insert the disc, it reads "Reading disk. please wait..." and it never does anything.....ever. Ive waited for hours and nothing happens whats wrong?

#3 ·
Not sure why you really tried that.
Those are completely different cars and completely different nav units.
An '06 DTS disk will not work in an '02 Deville.

Getting an "updated" disc means calling the nav center and finding the latest version for your car, or at least getting the right part number and then look on ebay or something.
Most of these discs are not interchangable between years or carlines.
It would be nice if they used one disc for all but GM farms out different cars to different companies so they all use whatever they want.

Good luck.

#6 ·
How do I find the correct disc? The dealer changed the entire DVD/radio/NAV system and ordered an updated disc by the VIN and we keep getting the same message. The dealer told me that he's never seen anything like this and they contacted GM tech support who'll get back to them in 48-96 hours after they can research it.

When I called gmnavdisc.com, they advised me that I have the correct disc for the vehicle. Now I have two NAV discs (one 2006 and one 2007) and both give me the same problem.

There must be a way to find the correct disc part number.

Any ideas?

#11 ·
The NAV system was replaced because the new disc kept giving me the message, "Reading DVD, please wait". Before they replaced it, they tried numerous Nav DVD's (to make sure that the DVD was not damaged) and kept getting the same message. The strange thing is the a old system and the new system play regular DVD's (movies) without any problems.

#12 ·
How long have you "waited"?
Sometimes the disc does a firmware update when you insert it for the first time.
Is this the same problem you started another topic on?

#14 · (Edited)
I've waited as long as a 1/2 hour. Will it indicate that it's processing a firmware update? If it should, it's not.
Yes, I've started the topic then found this post where he had the identical problem.

If I dc the battery, what issues will I have when I reconnect it (radio code, etc)?

Thanks for your assistance.

By the way, in the other topic post I started, someone is having the same problem and stated that the car is going to the dealer on Tuesday for a NAV software update, if that works and he posts it on my topic, I'll be sure to post it here if anyone has the same problem.

Let me know about the battery disconnect, I don't want to make matters worse.

#16 ·
I'd call the nav disc center back.

If you told them you had a DTS you may have thrown them off.
25861392 is what you should have.
If the got you a disc for the new DTS body you'll have: 25850927

As far as servicing your car you should always call it a Deville if it is '05 and older or a DTS if it is '06 and up.
For '05 and earlier the DTS was an options package on Deville.
DTS is now the name of the car.
What part number are you trying to use?

The nav discs are not likely compatible or application would show the same disc.

#18 ·
Ooops, sorry. I spread myself too thin, can't keep track anymore.
Update your profile to identify what kind of car you have, it helps us help you.

At any rate... let's see... according to the nav disc website those are what you should need.
You could have an issue with the unit.
It seems as if the nav disc center should be working with the dealer to resolve this issue.
Is anything happening on the dealer front or have they stopped helping you?

#20 · (Edited)
I have one of these right now.
Here is the problem.

They are sending out the wrong disc. The part number 25850927 is for DTS, '06 and up, and SRX '07 and up.
They don't realize that the radios are from a different manufacturer and this disc will not work in an older SRX.
You need to call them and explain that they sent you the wrong disc.
You need part number 25861392.
If you got the disc from them, you need to call them back and ask how they want to handle it.
I'll call in a minute to see if they want the dealer to handle it or to work directly with you guys who got the wrong one.

#21 ·
Are you guys that have trouble ordering these from a person or using the online ordering feature?

If you put in "07 SRX" or newer you are causing a problem. The '07 SRX uses a totally different unit.
If you are ordering them by phone then the person on the other end is messing up somehow.

I called the nav disc center. Anyone who is having this issue please contact them directly at 877-628-3472 and they should help you rectify this problem.

#22 ·
ewill3rd is dead on....I call the GM NAV DISC center and the researched it for a few days, I was contacted yesterday that they had a problem with the NAV disc part numbers. They are sending me the correct disc (with a prepaid envelope to return the opriginal). I should have it within 4-7 days and I will update`this post with my results.

#26 ·
I have a 2004 SRX V8 with Factory Navigation.

The correct gmnavdisc.com part number for the latest 2008 NAV DISC is 25861392. The invoice I received stated "2008 NAV DISC XLR/DEV/SEV". But it works in my 2004 SRX.

It is a two disc including US/CAN-E and US/CAN-W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.