: New to the Board - Hi Everybody

Bubballac
07-17-07, 04:51 PM
Hi Everybody,

I just signed up to the board and I am looking forward to joining in on a couple of things. Maybe I can figure out why my change bucket in my 1990 and my 1987 DeElegance always got water in it??

Anyway, I joined up because I just purchased my 5th Cadillac and I am in love with this one. Let me tell you a little about her. She is a 1968 Fleetwood 75 with 92,000 original miles that used to work for a funeral home down in Portland. She is pretty much unmodified with the exception of a new black paint job last year. So, first things first... I love this fudgin car!! I know I don't have to tell you but last year with the up and down lights and first year with the 472 is just a magical combination in my book.

The interior is in really good shape too. The brocade hasnt been stained with too many tears and the leather and everything else looks good too.

Have any of you ever had the pleasure of driving a 75? It is pure luxury liner.

Anyway, I could go on and on and I know that I am preaching to the choir but here is my first question about her:

Does anyone have any experience with level ride systems in these? My shocks are holding air... I know this because the guy that I purchased the car from installed a nipple that you can manually fill them up with next to the gas tank. He told me that the compressor was fine. He said that the part that regulates the height was bad. Now, I have looked a little for a part but I can't seem to find the name of what that part is. Does anyone know? I also purchased a service guide... so I will know in a week.

Any thoughts?

I am also a little technotarded... how do I post a picture right in the post instead of as a link?

urbanski
07-17-07, 05:15 PM
howdy :)
she's gorgeous

Bubballac
07-17-07, 05:19 PM
Oh yea, I didn't notice before but in the second picture you can see Cadillac #4. It is a 1987 DeElegance... she is really clean and stock except for the stereo.

Cadillac Giovanni
07-17-07, 07:55 PM
That 68 is gorgeous, my favorite Cadillac body style.

My change bucket gets water in it too after it rains. It's either one of a few problems, a bad windshield seal, or the drain under the hood cowl is clogged. You can blow compressed air through it to clear it. I never got around to solving my problem because it just sort of stopped. I figure if water is going to leak into my car though, it should be well mannered enough to collect itself in a bucket for me.

FASSTWOOD
07-17-07, 11:39 PM
Thats what the bucket was there for isn't it? Welcome aboard!!!

Highway Star
07-18-07, 01:27 PM
Nice limo, really sharp! I had a 1958 Series 75 limo many years ago. Wish I had kept it, but had too many cars at the time.

77CDV
07-18-07, 02:26 PM
Fabulous car, even has AC. Welcome aboard!

96Fleetwood
07-18-07, 09:45 PM
Welcome, beautiful cars! :thumbsup:

Brother_B
07-18-07, 10:31 PM
Beaut' of a Fleetwood 75! I've got a manual for my '69. The components of the Automatic Level Control are air compressor and tank assembly, pressure regulator, control valve and link, two Superlift shock absorbers, and flexible air lines. From what you describe, it seems to me like your problem is with the control valve/link part of the system. The control valve is attached to the rear suspension cross member. The right-hand upper control link is attached to the control valve, and when the rear suspension drops 1/2", the link opens the control valve to admit air to the Superlifts. (I basically copied that description right out of my manual.) So if your shocks are holding air, then it's probably that linkage that's not triggering the valve to open. That is, if your '68 is the same as the '69s.

To post pics, I first upload mine to photobucket.com (you can sign up for a free account). After upoading your picture, the pic will have its own http://www... address. To post the pic, you click the insert image button above where you type your comments in here, and then copy-and-paste the pic's address into the dialog box.

Bubballac
07-19-07, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the tip brother B!

I am going to look around for that part.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb301/andrewdempsey/1968fleetwood75driver.jpg