: There's an emptiness in my heart...

JRau
07-17-07, 01:05 PM
As of last Thursday, July 12th, I am without my beloved '91 Brougham. Owned since September of 2004, "Claudia" was dearly loved and pampered.

However, with the opportunity to purchase another awesome low mileage luxury automobile for well below market value from an owner I've known for several years, I knew I needed to sell off the Cadillac. Long story short, a older lady in town purchased the car to replace her '91 Dodge rustbucket. I feel sick that this lady won't keep it as clean or pampered as I did, but she bought it without even driving it, and without bickering on the price. I finally convinced her to drive it around the block, at least.

Anyway, while I'm glad I was able to sell it, there's a void in my heart. :crying: Do any of you know any Cadillac therapists I can access?

JRau

RightTurn
07-17-07, 04:19 PM
Condolences JRau. :crying:

Benzilla
07-17-07, 04:27 PM
Wow. There is no therapy, it's gone and it will hurt.

The worst part will be seeing it fall apart at the hands of the granny from hell.

I went through the same thing after I sold my '96 Sedan Deville. It was mint when I sold it, then an old guy bought it... I only wish I hadn't seen it again, brutal. Now it looks like your average beat up, second hand, borderline trash, abused FWD caddy gone wrong.

I would have put it on eBay and let someone who would care for it find it. That's the only way I parted with my '83 Coupe DeVille. The guy who got it deserves it.

JRau
07-18-07, 08:08 AM
Wow. There is no therapy, it's gone and it will hurt.

The worst part will be seeing it fall apart at the hands of the granny from hell.

I went through the same thing after I sold my '96 Sedan Deville. It was mint when I sold it, then an old guy bought it... I only wish I hadn't seen it again, brutal. Now it looks like your average beat up, second hand, borderline trash, abused FWD caddy gone wrong.

I would have put it on eBay and let someone who would care for it find it. That's the only way I parted with my '83 Coupe DeVille. The guy who got it deserves it.

Benzilla,

Thankfully, I probably won't see it again, as I'll be completely moved up to Illinois in August. There's a slight chance when we come back when the house sells and we have the closing.

JRau

Leloz
07-18-07, 08:25 AM
Beautiful Brougham, what did you replace it with?

nickc50310
07-18-07, 09:06 AM
Hi John!! Long time no talk!

That does suck. I was actually just looking at the meet pictures yesterday. That sure was a nice Caddy you had. Im sure youll end up with another Caddy someday!

Hows everything else goin?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-07, 09:57 AM
Man, what a beaut she was. Never have I seen a cleaner Brougham in my life! But I could not think of a more suitable replacement for the Brougham than your Town Car.

77CDV
07-18-07, 02:44 PM
As of last Thursday, July 12th, I am without my beloved '91 Brougham. Owned since September of 2004, "Claudia" was dearly loved and pampered.

However, with the opportunity to purchase another awesome low mileage luxury automobile for well below market value from an owner I've known for several years, I knew I needed to sell off the Cadillac. Long story short, a older lady in town purchased the car to replace her '91 Dodge rustbucket. I feel sick that this lady won't keep it as clean or pampered as I did, but she bought it without even driving it, and without bickering on the price. I finally convinced her to drive it around the block, at least.

Anyway, while I'm glad I was able to sell it, there's a void in my heart. :crying: Do any of you know any Cadillac therapists I can access?

JRau
Go talk to Night Wolf. If anyone knows about parting with a favorite Caddy, he does. Pics of the 93 yet?

Kev
07-18-07, 03:15 PM
That Cadi was a beautiful car. You can only hope that her replacement will fill the void in your heart.

AlBundy
07-18-07, 05:43 PM
:crybaby:Once the house is sold hold out for a used STS-V.:D:thumbsup:

JRau
07-18-07, 08:47 PM
Beautiful Brougham, what did you replace it with?

Leloz,

Replaced it with a mint condition '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series with 34,500 miles on it.

JRau

JRau
07-18-07, 08:50 PM
Man, what a beaut she was. Never have I seen a cleaner Brougham in my life! But I could not think of a more suitable replacement for the Brougham than your Town Car.

Thanks, Chad. I am enjoying the Town Car immensely, however. Still, that Brougham just oozed "classic luxury" and got lots of compliments.

JRau

JRau
07-18-07, 08:53 PM
:crybaby:Once the house is sold hold out for a used STS-V.:D:thumbsup:

Nah, next Cadillac hopefully will be my dream car: a '63 or '64 Coupe DeVille or Eldorado Convertible in triple white. Maybe a '76 Eldorado Convertible in triple white.

JRau

96Fleetwood
07-18-07, 10:19 PM
Now you have to park with the Lincoln guys when you go to the DG cruise night :(

j/k... we still need to get together, I haven't been to a DG cruise night in a month! They have had me on call almost every weekend :mad:

JRau
07-18-07, 11:36 PM
Not sure I'd put a '97 in a car show, except for it being in mint condition. I'd still come down to a cruise night though to say hi.

JRau

Jesda
07-19-07, 07:49 AM
Man, that car was SWEET. Among the finest luxury cars I've been in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9AjSY_fmncQ

John: I have a higher-resolution Quicktime version of that Youtube video if you want it.

96Fleetwood
07-19-07, 08:21 AM
Not sure I'd put a '97 in a car show, except for it being in mint condition. I'd still come down to a cruise night though to say hi.

JRau

Sure you can! My Fleetwood is only a year older ('96) and I have won 5 trophies this show season. Show it off!

Kev
07-19-07, 09:50 PM
Leloz,

Replaced it with a mint condition '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series with 34,500 miles on it.

JRauThat is very clean looking. I have never been a big fan of red interiors (just a personal preference) but that is a beautiful car! :thumbsup:

JRau
07-21-07, 08:29 AM
Sure you can! My Fleetwood is only a year older ('96) and I have won 5 trophies this show season. Show it off!

Well.........maybe! It is in pristine shape, but isn't yours customized a bit? Mine's all stock, except for the dark blue pinstripe strategically placed beneath the factory red pinstripe. I don't know, these cars are pretty common, unlike your Fleetwood, which is a little harder to come by.

JRau

JRau
07-21-07, 08:32 AM
That is very clean looking. I have never been a big fan of red interiors (just a personal preference) but that is a beautiful car! :thumbsup:

I would have preferred dark blue or tan leather, but the cordovan wasn't a deal breaker. And I really wish it had the moonroof!:bigroll:

JRau

Wheelman322
07-21-07, 09:55 PM
Sorry for your loss, good luck with your new ride. I'm sure itwill fill the void to some extent.