Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking to buy V maybe ...

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  the cadillac kid 
#1 ·
Re: Test drove my first V and ...

I was going to post (my 1st on this site) on a seperate thread, but this seems to fit pretty well.

I currently own a 02 M5 (E39), no carbon issue :), its actually been a solid car, but getting a little old. Anyway, I have looked at replacing the M5 with a CTS-V. I visited a Cadillac dealership today to look at a 07, the salesman told me its their last one. Didn't get to drive the car, a little pressed on time and it was on the show room floor. I was impressed with fit and finish and the overall look of the car, seats were not as supportive as what I was used to, but seemed comfortable enough. I look forward to a test drive.

Lots of questions (i.e. LS2 vs. LS6, differential life, and so on), but I will keep lurking for now.

Any Phoenix area CTS-V owners that would be willing to meet?

-Craig-

#3 ·
Flyboy (Jimmy) just moved to Scottsdale from up here. His is a couple years old with the LS6; he's also got headers and a cam among other things. Good guy, too. Busy flying around the country, but worth a try.

Good luck, Craig. And welcome back from the dark side.

#4 ·
Chef is out your way too, as is(was?) dgtlpimp (not sure if he still owns his V).

-Chris

#9 ·
welcome from SWFL! Make sure you find a STEALTH GRAY they are faster and more rare. I think you will be satisfied with either the LS6 or LS2. Find out more about the local dealer service departments first. Ask around here for recomendations. That will make your decision easier. Then get ready for mod hell. Once you start you cant stop like pringles. Next depending on the dealer and the mods you will do, make sure it is certified and you are good to go. Buy it and drive it like you stole it.

Good luck
Gene

#10 ·
WW's car was sold on ebay just a while ago...
04 v w/ maggie, new diff, & lots more mods done 2 it .. the thing went for 27k ... no reserve...a steal, IMO...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.