: I still haven't found my perfect Cadillac yet...

Lord Cadillac
07-17-07, 12:09 AM
Well. It's been about 11 months since I purchased my used 05 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I'm not ready to let it go yet - and this is the longest I've kept a vehicle in awhile without wanting to get into something different - but I don't think I've found "my" Cadillac yet.

In case you don't know me, I'm very concerned with the comfort of my passengers. I want them to be in the lap of luxury when they drive with me. Why? Because I absolutely cannot stand being a passenger. I have to be the driver. Anyone else like that?

So. I must have "the" vehicle to cruise in. The one that can fit the most people, most comfortably, with the most comfortable ride - so that people "want" to be my passenger.

Unfortunately, the 2005 Escalade ESV isn't doing the greatest job.. Yes, it holds 7 people with ease - but they're bouncing around inside like a scene from "Airplane". The seats are very comfortable. No complaints there. But it's loud like a Mack truck. Yes, I know.. It's a truck - but it's also a "luxury SUV". I thought it would be quieter..

It's also slow.. Unless I'm beating it up, I'm constantly "the slow guy" in four lanes of traffic.. It takes a considerable amount of time to catch up to everybody else and I feel like the people behind me are pissed that they're behind me. And if there's another traffic light ahead, I'm likely getting it.. Unless, of course, I beat it or put it into performance mode...

When I'm alone, I can't even enjoy music. The stereo sounds very Fisher Price to me. I get out of a friend's cheapo Chrysler 300 and it sounds like a freakin' orchestra inside. My $60k King of Cadillacs Boser system sounds one dimensional.

I'm not sure what's next on my list of possibilities.. Maybe a DTS if they put the proper handles on (yes, I'm extremely picky. I should be. I'm a Cadillac enthusiast). And if I can find one that looks nice and drives smoothly enough. And is quiet. Maybe I'll jump on it.. Maybe an STS... But that might be too small..

Honestly, I don't think there IS a Cadillac out there for me. I'd still have my 1995 Fleetwood Brougham if the interior wasn't so outdated - even for it's own time... I sure hope Cadillac can get something right for a traditional Cadillac enthusiast like myself. I'm simply not going to continue to buy Cadillacs just because I happen to own a Cadillac "forum".

96Fleetwood
07-17-07, 07:47 AM
You should have bought the 1996 Fleetwood I had 2 months ago. Every option including moonroof, factory cd, wire wheels, and 60K original miles. Owned by a GM executive in Detroit... sold it for $7800. The car was so clean it even had the factory undercoating!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/96fleetwood/Picture005.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/96fleetwood/Picture023.jpg

With the money you saved, you could update the interior with some nice custom bucket seats, touch screen Navigation, floor shifter, etc...

You could even update the exterior like this gentleman did:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/96fleetwood/Picture042.jpg

If you are really considered about passenger comfort... my mother has been driving large saloons since I was born. Her last two (S600 and 760Li) have been some of the most comfortable cars for the rear passengers. You get power rear seats, heated rear seats, a/c cooled seats, power side and rear sunshades, and even a refrigerator in the 760Li!

Goodluck on your next buy! It doesn't have to be a Cadillac at all... because you could always buy a nice car and then pick up a classic Cadillac for a couple thousand as a project or weekend cruiser.

Lord Cadillac
07-17-07, 12:54 PM
That Fleetwood you had DID look very nice.. However, I didn't have the spare cash to buy it anyway.. I'd love to have a Fleetwood Brougham to keep for life - but a decent one costs about $8k and I don't have that just yet. And, I have a feeling the price on them will keep going up.

I love the Mercedes S-Class but the new one is just ridiculous, if you ask me. The price is just way overboard considering the options it comes with. Then, once you add-on extra options, the price is even more ridiculous.. Compared to the new Lexus LS460, which I'm liking less and less, it's really a bad deal.

The BMW 7-Series IS very nice - but the ride is so harsh.. I'm surprised back-seat passengers are okay with that type of ride.. I mean.. Say somebody's sleeping in the back. Which back seat would keep them sleeping? The BMW 7-Series, Mercedes S-Class or Lexus LS?

I still love the exterior of the Fleetwood and I love the way it drives.. If I could just quiet it down a touch and completely revamp the interior, I'd have my dream car...

CadillacSTS42005
07-17-07, 03:47 PM
get an STS performance lux package
its got magride
or look for a late 02, 03 STS with magride
i dont think the new DTS Lux Sport II has magride but i could be wrong

obviously all are powered by a very powerful Northstar, and as we have spoken before magride makes the car ride amazing.

Benzilla
07-17-07, 04:19 PM
What about a new Escalade? Or a DTS performance Sedan? I love those.

Lord Cadillac
07-18-07, 12:29 PM
After lots of researching, I think I'll be looking for a DTS performance sedan with magnetic ride in about a year. That seems to be the best option I have for a Cadillac. Although they haven't changed a whole lot, they do seem a lot better on the inside.. And I DO like the look.

urbanski
07-18-07, 12:36 PM
buy mine :)

CadillacSTS42005
07-18-07, 12:51 PM
urb
no one wants a CTS-V thats just short of a salvage title
rofl!
BURN!

Sal great to hear the DTS has magride, though before you get your hopes up again, for shits and giggles i seriously recommend when you have a few minutes, go to a dealer and drive one with the system, youll love it!

Lord Cadillac
07-18-07, 01:47 PM
Urb, you know me.. I like the riding on glass feeling. :p

I do need to get a test drive of the right DTS.. One of these days...

Cadillacboy
07-18-07, 04:56 PM
My latest car is my most desirable and fave Cadillac ....It's a Fleetwood Brougham in other words Cadillac of Cadillacs ;) :D
It lacks of some goodies like my STS has but I think FWB is more Cadillac .

96Fleetwood
07-18-07, 05:19 PM
My latest car is my most desirable and fave Cadillac ....It's a Fleetwood Brougham in other words Cadillac of Cadillacs ;) :D
It lacks of some goodies like my STS has but I think FWB is more Cadillac .

The Cadillac of Cadillacs
The Cadillac that stands out among other Cadillacs is the Fleetwood... No automobile has so captured the admiration of luxury car buyers as the magnificent Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. Luxurious on the grand Cadillac scale, outstanding, even among Cadillacs

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-07, 06:38 PM
Well, since you want the "riding on glass" feeling and you're always mourning the loss of the Fleetwood you had, I guess the most logical choice if you were to buy a new Cadillac would be the DTS. I have to say, the 06 and '07s are really growing on me, and they've got an extremely elegant interior.

Cadillacboy
07-19-07, 06:51 AM
Just buy such a FWB and if you don't like a bouncy ride , you can have some mods like '96Fleetwood's car .
http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhotos.cfm?listing=9189172&template=48

Mountie
07-23-07, 08:37 PM
Sky's the limit when it comes to your choice of rides........