: FINALLY some pics of my almost complete car!

LStasy003
07-16-07, 08:04 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of my little project. These aren't going to be the final wheels, I have new ones on the way because these weren't made properly. Long long story...
Mods include:
Three piece 22in wheels (new design to follow soon)
D3 Cadillac front Grill
Corsa Exhaust System
Smoked front and rear corner markers
Painted rear bumper cover
Color matched LED 3rd top brake light
All badges removed

dhemrick
07-16-07, 10:11 PM
VERY nice! Good job!

I haven't seen the smoked side marker lights before. Where did you get them?

AllWheelEric
07-16-07, 10:59 PM
That's a good looking car. There's some irony in debadging and then adding a license plate frame that says Cadillac.

LStasy003
07-17-07, 02:15 AM
I just popped the side marker lights out and painted them. The are very easy to take out. I disconnected them so they aren't in use anymore because they are color matched to the cars color so it would be very dark anyways. AllWheelEric- I originially took the northstar V8 emblem on the left side and replaced in with a Cadillac badge from a 98 Deville, the one with the cursive writing but it didn't match the STS on the right side so I eliminated both, turned out to look pretty clean but I know what your talking about. Those badges did catch your eye as you would look at the back of the car so now I think the back end is a little more soft

MJDART
07-17-07, 03:13 AM
That car is really sharp :thumbsup:

jjsocrazy
07-17-07, 12:04 PM
Very nice! I just got my HID's in my fogs so far and a K&N Air Filter. I was wondering about your third brake light. I am wanting to get it from Cadillac along with the tailights. Were they hard to install? Also is your blinker a different color bulb?

Thanks!

LStasy003
07-17-07, 12:52 PM
The third brake light is very easy to install. You just have to drop the trunk liner and remove 4 12 or 13MM bolts and then push two tabs in and it pops out. I hope you guys ordered parts like that from websites like cadillac-parts-dealer.com. I got the third brake light for like $185. You can get any part for any cadillac at wholesale. CHECK IT OUT! also ya, my turn signal bulbs are sylvania superstars. They don't make a 3757 but I took a 3157 and cut the two tabs on the side and plugged it in and it worked

jjsocrazy
07-17-07, 01:13 PM
Oh wow, I want to do that to, can u help me with that because I hate the orange bulb. iHow did you get the 3rd brake light for $185? I gotta check with my father's dealer and see what price he can get me for the 3rd brake light and the taillights. Also if you have any pics of the blinker at night maybe because I want it to match my fogs HID's.

Thanks!

LStasy003
07-17-07, 02:20 PM
To change the front turn signal you just have to take three or four pins out that hold the wheel well cover and reach your hand in there. Then you have to take the cover off the back of the bulb, it just twists off. To get the wholesale price, use that website and just type in the part number. If you need things like the 3rd brake light or the clear taillights you can go to gmaccessorieszone.com and copy and paste the part number

sweetdivel
07-17-07, 07:29 PM
nice work man

bobs-sts-v
07-17-07, 09:06 PM
Looks great. Where did you get your rims from?

Bob

LStasy003
07-17-07, 09:47 PM
They are Famous Forged a company that i believe isn't doing business now. I can completely understand why they aren't in business because the wheels do not fit correctly. I just ordered some auto coutures so Ill post some pics of they are on

Number 3
07-17-07, 10:11 PM
Looking hott!!!!

997tt
07-18-07, 11:22 AM
That's a good looking car. There's some irony in debadging and then adding a license plate frame that says Cadillac.

He debadged the STS & the N*, not the Cadillac logo!

http://www.downshizzle.com/PICT0378.JPG

As the the OP,
Very nice everything! The change of wheels will be an added +.
Only thing is, yours, just like mine, need a drop. I have the e&g body kit, so the car seems to sit lower. I recommend you do something about it. See post in "Show your STS" thread.. and maybe add a couple of yours to get the criket sounds out of this sub-forum.

Congrats man!

MrDeeAlexander
04-05-09, 09:00 PM
Hey, I like your STS! It has a very clean look.. I sold my Infiniti FX a week ago and purchased a used 2006 STS last Friday.. Diamond white. 22s are what I'm shooting for as well.. In a post from the past.. you said that the wheels you bought from a forged wheel company didn't fit properly.. how so? Did you ever get the other wheels? If so, can I see what they look like on your STS? What did you do with the old wheels? What size tires are you running?
Tried to PM you, but they have some spam crap that will not let that happen because I'm a newbie to the site.

amgqmp1
04-11-09, 10:26 PM
He debadged the STS & the N*, not the Cadillac logo!

I've also run debadged (STS & N* logos on the rear) since owning the car. I just keep telling myself it makes it a sleeper... ;) Sometimes I think I should get a new pair and put them on...just so people don't think I'm driving a V6 CTS...then I realize that my ego isn't that fragile... :cool2:

inurok
04-12-09, 08:23 AM
I've also run debadged (STS & N* logos on the rear) since owning the car. I just keep telling myself it makes it a sleeper... ;) Sometimes I think I should get a new pair and put them on...just so people don't think I'm driving a V6 CTS...then I realize that my ego isn't that fragile... :cool2:

Exactly like people that buy S430s and de-badge and make it look like a higher model...or sts-v in some peoples case I guess?

Kaluminatius
04-15-09, 10:37 PM
How did you get you cadillac symbol to poke out like that from your grille?

EChas3
04-18-09, 12:14 AM
How did you get you cadillac symbol to poke out like that from your grille?

I think that's the ACC dome. It might just have fit best that way. :thumbsup:

kblair3d
09-14-10, 10:12 PM
great job on the car and thanks for the pics always great to see the work that goes into someones pride! :thumbsup:

Here are a couple of pictures of my little project. These aren't going to be the final wheels, I have new ones on the way because these weren't made properly. Long long story...
Mods include:
Three piece 22in wheels (new design to follow soon)
D3 Cadillac front Grill
Corsa Exhaust System
Smoked front and rear corner markers
Painted rear bumper cover
Color matched LED 3rd top brake light
All badges removed

turnerbend
09-14-10, 11:35 PM
They are Famous Forged a company that i believe isn't doing business now. I can completely understand why they aren't in business because the wheels do not fit correctly. I just ordered some auto coutures so Ill post some pics of they are on
How much air pressure do you run in the low profile tires and what size are they???

Midnight
09-15-10, 01:07 PM
That looks really nice. I actually really dig those wheels.

DauroT
09-17-10, 02:56 PM
real nice.............I just got my 2006 STS and she a beauty

fredpamm
09-17-10, 04:00 PM
Very nice. What size wheels and tires may I ask?

marino042000
09-20-10, 02:57 PM
awesome