Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Something that keeps happening every so often....

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  z06bigbird 
#1 ·
Ive taken my car in twice for this same thing. While driving, usually in 4th gear - it all of a sudden says Im in reverse and the (r) comes up. They said they fixed it the other two times. Now it happened again, but only every so often. What do I do, bc I know they wont be able to replicate it. :thepan:

#6 ·
CTSVFLA,
did you (or anyone else) ever get a resolution for this?

It happened to me yesterday! My CTSV is a whole 2 weeks old, and that "R" was on for 10 miles of local driving. Through every gear up and down, I even tried banging it in and out of reverse at stoplight in case there was a sticky switch somewhere. I finally pulled over, shutdown & restarted, and it magically disappeared...

It didn't occur to me until later to wonder if my reverse lights were on that whole way! :eek:

I have an appt with my local caddy dealer tomorrow morning - but It'll probably be the run-around since I can't reproduce, so any info would be helpful.

#9 ·
Mine does this every once in a while, and I actually got out and checked the reverse lights- they weren't on. It's probably a glitch with the reverse sensor in either the cluster or transmission, and I decided to not even mess with it.

#13 ·
It's just a light. :bigroll:
Sure.
But as I just plunked down $50K for a new car, I don't expect it to be malfunctioning already.
Poor me. :violin:
But I posted because I really didn't know if it was *just* a light -- although the responses above have helped to allay that fear. Taking a quick cellphone pic is a good idea if it happens again (although it does sound like it'll be a hard problem to diagnose).

----

Appears as if I dredged up some bad memories with 04CTSVFLA. Sorry about that. I was just trying to be a good little netizen and not start new threads that might have been already repeated a hundred times.

-=* Fritz *=-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.