Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Decent Deal or No?

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  blow03ss 
#1 ·
The Cadillac dealership close to my house has a certified pre-owned 2005 cts-v and i was wondering if this was a good deal or not...I cant find a single thing wrong with exterior of the car(scratches, dents, etc.) The interior is brand new and still has a lingering new car smell..It has 16,xxx miles and the price they listed is 33,995..do you guys think the price is right or can it be negotiated..I do have an 04 Deville with 69,xxx miles to trade-in but ill be upsidedown on it so thats another factor if i want to follow through, I'll be going back tuesday to discuss numbers and have them evaulate my deville depending on your responses. Again, this car has not a single scratch on it and it hasn't even been detailed yet.

#5 ·
I test drove it but i was more focused on my shifting as i was a little rusty, So maybe i should test drive it again, what clunk are you talking about? When would i hear it?

#7 ·
Don't worry about it.....if you don't hear things, don't let people here get you listening for noises. I have many V owners (who don't come on here) who have never complained about diff whining, clunking, peeling buttons, wheelhop, etc, because they're not looking for problems like we do. One guy posts up a problem on an Internet forum and then suddenly everyone has it. :rolleyes:

A Certified '05 will be warrantied until sometime in late '10 or early '11 depending on when it was sold new, so there's no worries about warranty. If a problem pops up, it'll be covered. The deal is fair, but not terrific. Remember that you will pay more for a Certified car, as the dealer pays Cadillac to add that warranty.

#10 ·
A Certified '05 will be warrantied until sometime in late '10 or early '11 depending on when it was sold new, so there's no worries about warranty. If a problem pops up, it'll be covered. The deal is fair, but not terrific. Remember that you will pay more for a Certified car, as the dealer pays Cadillac to add that warranty.

:yeah:
It's about 1600 - 1700.00 on top of the price to make it certified, which is the way to buy the thing from the dealership so you are covered down the road.
Go ahead and see if they'll still deal a little with a counter offer. :)

#15 ·
For what its worth the CPO is a great thing to have. If you want to bitch about something you can always bitch to someone in the service department, who knows you may get lucky. I just paid $32k for my 05 with 10K miles on it. I thought that was good for getting a car that has not been molested by Johnny shade tree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.