: Inquiry on an old cereal and my wisdom teefs...

Jonas McFeely
07-16-07, 12:37 AM
Two things:

1) I am looking for a cereal i used to eat when i was little. I remember i called them "fruit things", but i know they wernt called that. They were kind of like Chex with a pink or blue creamy filling. And i think they had a robot on the box.

I checked the cereal database too,and found nothing.

2) My wisdom teeth are coming in on the top and bottom of the right side of my mouth. I can feel the teeth poking through. The top one feels fine. But the bottom one is a bit tender and now feels like its inflamed and i can feel it rubbing against my cheek. I have what i like to think are nice, straight teeth,and i dont want to mess them up.I dont have insurance. Is this something i should be concerned about or what?

Thanks guys.

77CDV
07-16-07, 12:46 AM
Can't help on the cereal front, but you may need to check to be sure your wisdom teeth aren't impacted. They have an annoying habit of coming in off kilter and are often removed. If you don't have insurance, and you live close to a university that has a dental college, you can often get work done for little or no money by the student dentists. Hey, they have to practice on something! Good luck.

Craig

dkozloski
07-16-07, 01:15 AM
See the movie "Castaway" for tips on do-it-yourself dental work.

Jonas McFeely
07-16-07, 07:11 PM

Just thinking about that scene makes me cringe.

Benzilla
07-16-07, 08:56 PM
At 20 their just coming in? I got mine around 16 IIRC. A lot of people have trouble with them, some say it's evolution... Either way, you should have that checked, or move to Appalachia.

I think I know what cereal you're talking about, I remember seeing it.... but I have no idea what it's called.

So ya, I'm pretty useless lol.

The Tony Show
07-16-07, 09:59 PM

Let me tell you- I had impacted molars, and had I found an Ice Skate and a rock I may have been tempted to do it. It hurt that bad.

Great post.

MacKiNBacK
07-16-07, 10:44 PM
I had one come in about a year ago that needed to be removed.. It wasnt causing problems with my other teeth but it was very inflamed.. Pain wouldnt go away.. Sad part is I was stuck with novacaine. Whew..... I cringe at that memory! Get them checked out!

Mack

behind-bars
07-16-07, 11:30 PM
inflammation may subside, mine swelled a bit but in a day or so they returned to normal and have been fine for several months. It happened 2 or 3 times in the last 3 or so years, lasted about 1 or 2 days each time. dentist told me about 4 years ago to get them out ASAP, havent yet though and as of late they havent bothered me at all so its not a high priority

TomDeville
07-17-07, 01:49 AM
The Cereal; I know not.

The Teefs? Set out as follows:

They were never a problem for
me at your age, apart from the
moderate discomfort you seem
to be experiencing. Subsequently,
they all became problematic, and
were ultimately and entirely removed
with much pain, fanfair and expense.

Kindest Regards,

TomDeville
:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Jonas McFeely
07-17-07, 08:30 PM
Well, as of today, they arnt hurting at all,and arnt tender really at all either. I can still feel them coming in a little more every couple of days. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Someone HAS to know what that cereal is!

JimHare
07-22-07, 09:08 PM
Someone HAS to know what that cereal is!

Trouble is, "old cereal" to you and "old cereal" to me (and Sub and Koz and Ranger and the rest of us old farts) means two different things....

You're talking about a cereal that was big in what, the early 90s?... lol...

IIRC, "Frankenberry" came in just as I was on the cusp of moving to solid foods in the late 50s..before that, it was Rice Krispies, Cheerios and the occasional Shredded Wheat..

Bat Guano
07-22-07, 09:25 PM
When I was a young feller, we only had corn flakes,rice crispys and oatmeal.
The wisdom teeth thing is best resolved sooner than later and by a dentist using gas.

Happy 70th to me tomorrow...

dkozloski
07-22-07, 09:30 PM
I'm 67. As a youngster I remember Corn Flakes, Wheaties, Post Toasties, Quaker Puffed Wheat and Rice, Shredded Wheat, and Grape Nuts. Rice Krispies came later. None had any sugar on them.

illumina
07-22-07, 11:22 PM
Have your teeth examined at the local university. Sure, you have to deal with dental students, but it's a lot cheaper to have them do it...You'll just be a lab-rat...:D