: still overheating

Mr. Elusive
07-15-07, 09:44 PM
well, i diagnosed an overheating problem and replaced the engine, water pump, thermostat, and tested the radiator to see if it was plugged, i cant figure out whats wrong, is that an exhaust hose routing hot exhaust gasses into the coolant crossover housing, could that be the overheating problem, seems like exhaust shouldnt be near the coolant..... i dont know what else could it be, maybe something with the egr.... also my speedometer and odometer isn't registering and the abs, check engine, and traction control lights are on, i thought wheelspeed sensors, but that wasnt it the transmission appears to have all the wires going to it.... thinking about giving up on the caddy :rant2::want:

-sorry for my poor grammar and not being able to form a coherent thought. hopefully someone will be able to understand this and help me.

zonie77
07-16-07, 01:10 PM
You diagnosed an overheating problem as ????? What what the diagnosis?

You replaced the engine for the overheating?

You have to give more info than this.

johnrgregory
07-16-07, 01:36 PM
Well Zonie77 his handle IS Mr. Elusive:)

You diagnosed an overheating problem as ????? What what the diagnosis?

You replaced the engine for the overheating?

You have to give more info than this.

clarkz71
07-16-07, 01:40 PM
That's funny, I was going to say the same thing.
This guy is going to be tough, on 5/6 he was asking about an overheating
88 Eldo, then on 5/9 he's asking about the radio on a 97 DeVille.
Anyway he installed a re-man engine last month along with the other parts
he mentioned.

zonie77
07-16-07, 03:20 PM
johngregory, thanks for pointing that out!

Clarkz71, thanks for giving me more info than Mr. Elusive

clarkz71
07-16-07, 03:25 PM
Yeah, that's pretty bad when I have to check a guys post history to know what he's talking about.:thepan:

Mr. Elusive
07-17-07, 11:26 PM
i had a leak down test done, it leaked. I also had my coolant tested and it was positive with exhaust gas. even after the new motor it still over heats. 1997 Cadillac Deville 4.6 north star 134k miles... its red if that makes any difference

Ranger
07-18-07, 11:34 AM
i had a leak down test done, it leaked. I also had my coolant tested and it was positive with exhaust gas. even after the new motor it still over heats. 1997 Cadillac Deville 4.6 north star 134k miles... its red if that makes any difference
Head gaskets are gone. Where did you get this motor? Was it new or from a salvage yard? Was it tested before installing? Was it Timeserted and gaskets replaced before installing? I guess that is all irrelevant at this point though.

zonie77
07-18-07, 11:43 AM
Head gaskets are gone. Where did you get this motor? Was it new or from a salvage yard? Was it tested before installing? Was it Timeserted and gaskets replaced before installing? I guess that is all irrelevant at this point though.

:yeah:

Was it a used or rebuilt engine?

If it was used, have you done an exhaust gas test on the replacement engine? Even if it was rebuilt do an exhaust gas test on it.

The red ones are a lot harder to fix.

Mr. Elusive
07-18-07, 08:24 PM
its a custom innovations motor. i thought they tested them at the shop, or something similar .Zonie, i knew i should have gotten a silver one, they are the easy ones to fix, right?

Ranger
07-19-07, 02:02 AM
Custom innovations! Do a search. You are in for a shock. Look for a post by Chazglenn.

tripledoil
07-19-07, 10:40 AM
Custom innovations! Do a search. You are in for a shock. Look for a post by Chazglenn.

Or me->>> tripledoil Please contact me if you rebuilt your motor or screwed you in anyway. my email is tripledoil@yahoo.com

Ranger
07-19-07, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I knew there was someone else but could not remember who. Thanks for checking in Tripledoil.