: SRX bluetooth

oakcircle
07-15-07, 02:08 PM
Want to put a bluetooth kit in an '07 SRX. Looking at the dash, there aren't many great places to put the control device. I've thought about trying to find one that could be placed in the ashtray. I would appreciate any help with the best kit and control device placement. BTW, I love the bluetooth in my '06 STS and can't believe Cadillac doesn't put it in all of their vechiles. Thanks for your help.

Fastwithclass
07-15-07, 05:41 PM
I have a Motorola unit in my '07 Corvette. I really like it. Not only does it work great, it is very visually unobtrusive. The control is appx 1" x 2" and it was placed just barely forward of the center concole lid so that the wiring is routed inside the center jockey box and to the dash. A stereo shop did the install, very slick and subtle.
John
Boise, Id
'07 SRX '07 Corvette '86 Grand National

donjumpsuit
07-16-07, 05:33 PM
GM acknowledging bluetooth is here to stay?

HA!

Mplsspyder
07-25-07, 07:36 PM
What model Motorola are you using Fastwithclass?
Any pics?

Mplsspyder
09-03-07, 03:02 PM
Anyone know for sure if this will work in the SRX?
http://www.vizualogic.com/cig_blue.html

dbmarsh
09-17-07, 11:24 PM
I tried having a TellPhone 5000 installed in my 2008 SRX in conjunction with a GMX-320 video interface. The mike, mute and speaker function work fine through bluetooth but I am not able to view video, ie caller id, etc., on screen yet. I believe I will need to get factory unit flashed to accept auxiliary video input, eg rearview camera. At this point, I would recommend something simpler.

RANGER 66
09-20-07, 04:36 PM
dbmarsh what did the tellphone unit cost to have installed? I was looking at getting one of those units.

dbmarsh
10-01-07, 11:52 PM
I installed it myself. I did get a quote of $150 to install. The only complicated part was finding a place to put the lockpik and Tellphone unit as there is little space behind SRX dash. I am supposed to get my radio reprogrammed this week so the video portion of the bluetooth will work.

MortnCyn
10-08-07, 12:16 PM
I was able to solve my NAV Bluetooth problem using a tomtom navigation unit that I had used in our 04-05 SRX. Do not like the windshield mounts and location for the tomtom was a problem. I put it on a beanbag just in front of the fuel gauge. On the 07 it fits perfectly in front of the shifter at the ashtray. (See attached picture)

I can use Bluetooth, the tomtom can be changed on the fly, and the tomtom has a remote. If we want to do a side trip, leaving the NAV as is, the tomtom will get us there and the SRX NAV screen is so much easier to read.

rkatek
02-14-11, 08:07 PM
I had a "Parrot" Blue Tooth unit installed for cell phone,which works fine when it's working. However, when ignition is energized for the 2nd or 3rd time each day, the entire audio/GPS system shuts down, and will not restart until some mysterious happenstance occurs, and then only restarts when the vehicle is restarted, sometimes after 2 or 3 stops. Has anyone heard of such?
Thanks
Tom