Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My Procharger came in yesterday from Exotic Performance Plus

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  SoSueMe 
#1 ·
Installation begins next tuesday, itll be running 8 lbs of boost, came along with a fuel pump booster and some 60 lb injectors

its going in with Kooks 1 7/8 headers, a borla exhaust, high flow cats, LPE intake along w/ other stuff like a shortthrow and some wheelhop stuff, ill post numbers when it gets back from the dyno

and props to Bob and EPP, especially for putting up with all my calls :)

#4 ·
Its gonna be installed and tuned by breathless performance early next week, haha im not nearly handy enough to take this one myself, but EPP did all the fitting to make it work for the v, they have a package up on their website

#7 ·
I am considering doing this now too. I called them and they say it produces 140+hp to the wheels.

I had gone to the local shop and they quoted about the same price and said these superchargers are better than the maggies cuz they don't fade power wise over extended use and are cooled better.

Local shop also said there is a 1 year warranty and they are working on a 3 year.

Looks kind of neat tucked away....

Attachments

#8 ·
yeah...Unfortunately Breathless performance took a week and a half to figure out that their too Incompetent to do the job, so after paying them 1500 for the 30 hours of work they put into it, ive had to send it to Indiana were Bob and his guys can actually get things done,(the car got there today) Ive got complete faith that theyll be able to install it.

#10 · (Edited)
What? Nobody told them about Mod Hell?

Now, I'm not a mechanic, and my garage befits a gardener more than it does a mechanic, but I put in a good 40-50 man-hours putting in my maggie, and I didn't have to install the Magnavolt thingy nor do the tune. They just plain underestimated. Welcome to MH. :crybaby:

I'm sure this'll all get sorted out just fine. Say, just in time to bring it to the Dream Cruise! :highfive:

#11 ·
yeah Ill be at the dream cruise, I wanted to go in w/ my brothers M5 and my dads F430 but Ill be at Bondurant the 16th and 17th and wont get to detroit until late afternoon the 17th :crybaby:

But yeah BP completely underestimated it, and the guy was so wrapped up in having to push other appointments back that I just told him to wrap it up.
But nope I didnt sign anything at all...also I told him what type of S/C it was and were the kit was comming from and he said he could handle it. But im confident EPP can handle it, Bob and his guys seem really professional and Im told that they really know what their doing.

#13 ·
But yeah BP completely underestimated it, and the guy was so wrapped up in having to push other appointments back that I just told him to wrap it up.
But nope I didnt sign anything at all...also I told him what type of S/C it was and were the kit was comming from and he said he could handle it. But im confident EPP can handle it, Bob and his guys seem really professional and Im told that they really know what their doing.
You are in good hands with Bob at EPP, things happen for a reason, and he is very good; I beleive his shop did the first PC SC install on a V, and since then he has done many, as well as numerous LSx installs. I cannot be 100%, but I know the PC SC install 'may' require modifying the strut tower/assembly, again not sure, but I think many shops that have never done a V will shy away from it because of this. Good luck with the install, but you will not need it. 8psi sounds safe, the unit can run around 14-16psi of max boost, so I guess a stroker motor will be the next mod.

By the way, is the Breathless Performance you speak of located in Dania, FL?
Just curious, as given their reputation, I am surprised they choose not to complete the install.

#14 ·
yeah their in dania FL, they also inflated my dyno numbers a bit (and im starting to hear that others had the same problem)...im not sure if its possible for a cts-v to get 400 flat rwhp from intake exhaust headers cats and a tune

#15 ·
If you are local to SoFla, let me know when you get your car back. I would like to see the install, maybe we can meet up at Tower Shops on a Friday night.

#16 ·
yeah i live in Fort Lauderdale so im there all the time, ide llike to see ur setup too, how much boost do you have on ur V?

#17 ·
I wanna see 2... i'm a bit further south, but i'd make the drive to see the set up if you dont mind showing off your set up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.