: Rear Camera Possible??

Skibanker
07-11-07, 06:14 PM
The one feature I feel I missed out on was the rear camera, which Cadillac doesn't offer. Does anyone know (oh.....say......Ewill?) if it is possible to buy an aftermarket rear camera system and have the image show up on the Nav screen when in reverse? I have serious Infinity M 45/35 envy.

z06bigbird
07-11-07, 10:43 PM
You can buy a camera, but I doubt that it will interface with nav system. Try Circuit City.

Aurora5000
07-12-07, 08:32 AM
Couldnt you put the camera into the AUX input ?

:hmm:

MartinGS
07-12-07, 11:20 AM
Take a look at this site: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/fanatobacain.html

dhemrick
07-12-07, 11:41 AM
I've thought about that as well. You couldn't make the Nav go into Aux mode automatically, but at least the option would be there. You could just tie into the ports in the trunk too so the wiring should be pretty simple. I may have to play around with this idea.

AllWheelEric
07-12-07, 02:02 PM
I would love this feature too after seeing it in action on a Lexus test drive. Of course, you can't use the aux video port when the car is in gear.

MartinGS
07-12-07, 04:09 PM
What nice is that it doesn't just show the same image as looking out the back window. It's more of a wide angle picture so if you are moving out between parked cars you can see if anyone is coming down the parking lot at you.

sweetdivel
07-12-07, 08:44 PM
guys;
if you are connecting a video gadget in the Aux, as soon as you shift to reverse, the screen will be blocked for the damn safety reason that we all suffer from. so the idea wouldn't work !

atq78
02-07-08, 07:51 PM
how sad :( at least let the video work in reverse cadillac

firststs
02-07-08, 08:32 PM
The one feature I feel I missed out on was the rear camera, which Cadillac doesn't offer. Does anyone know (oh.....say......Ewill?) if it is possible to buy an aftermarket rear camera system and have the image show up on the Nav screen when in reverse? I have serious Infinity M 45/35 envy.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744711

It won't connect to the Nav screen, but Walmart sells a unit for $89 that attaches to the top of the rear license plate. The camera has a 110 degree field of view and the only wiring required is connection to 12 volts on a backup light. When the backup lights are on the camera transmits a RF signal to the LCD screen that you mount somewhere on the dash or console.

A friend of mine has one on his pickup truck and loves it. He especially likes how he now can easily hook up a boat to his trailer hitch.

It would be cool to mount the camera INSIDE one of the backup light housings.

cocaines
02-09-08, 01:04 PM
i bought that exact same camera early last year, but i never installed it because it just looked to tacky in my car. it took away that luxurious look inside the sts. and i dont think it has night vision for night time use. i am thinkin about adding a screen that will fit nicely into my car that is connected to an external dvd player etc.