Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Question for people around Livermore, CA......

Tags
cts-v ext noise
1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  OriginalV 
#1 · (Edited)
Hope this thread is allowed......Since everyone here is always so cool and full of insight i figured i ask here.............I have a job opportunity in livermore, CA. I live in Pa right now in the suburbs about 45 min fsouth from philadelphia and have never been to the west coast.. Does anyone live around there? Is it a nice area? Where is a good place to live around there. Probably gonna rent for the first year. I dont like living in citys, i'm more of a suburb kinda person. Is there anything to do? malls, shopping centers, gyms, etc....The job is next to the airport so i dont mind a commute to get away from the noise, as long as its within 30 mins. Any input or info from you guys is appreciated! Thanks:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Life in "Livergulch" is good. Or Pleasanton. But if you plan on buying a home you better make sure you take your heart medicine before looking in the real estate section. :eek:
The wife is from Livermore and a couple of her children work at 'the lab' (Lawrence-Livermore Lab). Casa Orozco has great Mexican food. :thumbsup:
If you can afford to buy in Livermore or nearby, then commuting won't be an issue. But if you live further inland... like Tracy, Brentwood or Manteca - then forget 30 minute commuting. I580 is 8 lanes of permanent traffic nearly 24 hrs a day.
I'm sure there's a bunch of guys in the east bay that can fill you in better.

#5 ·
From PA to CA, big change.

I work and live in the bay area. Buying is expensive, rent is expensive,...

If you want a 30 minute communte I would recommend, Fremont, Dublin, Peasanton, and a little farther north of Pleasanton. (Fremont would be the farthest, the coolest, and the most expensive)

The area's around there are nice but it's like any area, there are good neighborhoods and not so good neighborhoods. If you want quiet then this is a good place but I think between Livermore and Pleasanton, Pleasanton would be the better place to live. This is all my opinion so the best think to do is to take a trip out here and look around.

I have lived in Arizona, Vermont, and of course CA. I prefer california's weather (not too cold, not too hot) but I was born and raised in it. The Snow and cold was a bit much for me and I couldn't handle having to leave the V in the Garage for 3 to 4 month's out of the year.

I hope this helps and If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

If you do decide to come out to check the place out, let me know and maybe we can get a few V owners together for a quick meet.

#6 ·
Obivously, you will have to see for yourself. I have lived in the Tri-Valley area for the last 15 or so years and still enjoy it even though it is more crowded. The main highway interstate 580 is bumper to bumper towards S.F. and again towards Tracy since so many people commute from Tracy/Stockton Modesto area. Housing is not cheap. The good thing is that you are 20 minutes away from the Sacramento Delta. About 1000 miles of waterway. Check out some of the housing websites to get a feel for the housing market.

#10 ·
In before the move...

Pleasanton is... pleasant. I'm a Southern California boy, but me and the V are up here in the Bay area during the weekdays. Southern California housing prices in desirable areas are "Holy Cow, Batman!" high, but Bay area prices (desirable area or no) are "Holy ****ing Mortgage, Batman!!" high. It's supply and demand; people want to live here and there's no room to build more housing.

You won't be too far from Oakland and Hippieville (otherwise known as Berkeley, where my daughter is going to school), and a short hop across the bay (or under it) from there is San Francisco, which is one of the most eclectic cities in the United States. If you can't find stuff to do there, well then I just don't know.

By the way, since you're from PA: if you're an intelligent, well-mannered, respectable guy (i.e. a Steelers fan), then welcome to California!! On the other hand, if you're a low-down houligan who roots for the Eagles: it sucks out here and you don't want to come!!

:lol: Just kidding. If you're a low-down houligan, you can come out and root for the damned Raiders. (Sorry, ctsvinman...)

Reactions: RightTurn
#12 ·
By the way, since you're from PA: if you're an intelligent, well-mannered, respectable guy (i.e. a Steelers fan), then welcome to California!! On the other hand, if you're a low-down houligan who roots for the Eagles: it sucks out here and you don't want to come!!

:lol: Just kidding. If you're a low-down houligan, you can come out and root for the damned Raiders. (Sorry, ctsvinman...)
Perfectly said! :worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.