: help with 1984 fleetwood

eatmorehammers
07-09-07, 08:50 PM
hello everyone, i've got a problem with my 84 hearse. the heater works. all the time. wouldn't be a problem in the winter but in the summer it is kind of a pain in the rear. even with the control in the off position i still get hot air blowing in by my feet.

i thought a cheap fix might be this: bypass the heater core. i think i can see where the hoses enter and leave the core. can i just connect them? would this cause other problems?

thanks!

jayoldschool
07-09-07, 10:37 PM
Your car has a valve that cuts off coolant flow to the heater core when the heat isn't on. I bet that it is stuck. Follow the heater hose, find the valve, and change it.

Bypassing the core will work, but you drive a Cadillac. You deserve better:thumbsup:

The Ape Man
07-10-07, 11:36 AM
Also check the archives on this board concerning air mode mix door.

davedbusman
07-11-07, 01:03 AM
Yes, the air mix door is behind the glove box and might be stuck in heat mode. If you have tempmatic control this is a common problem.

305Caddy
07-11-07, 01:10 AM
My heater core sprung a leak, so I bypassed it, havent had any problems. Its a cheap, & easy temporary fix. I may never replace the heater core.... I live in Miami Florida so really why fix wht I will never need?