: Testosterone

Lord Cadillac
07-09-07, 02:14 PM
I know I've mentioned before how in various studies, the levels of testosterone in males of all ages has gone down nearly 20% over the past few decades. That alone should be startling...

Anyway. Here's one reason why: bottled water. (This is a quote from a discussion held elsewhere):

Any plastic has estrogens in them and if you nuke your food in them it's even worse. The meat we eat is full of estrongens to get them to hold water so their weight is higher as they get paid by the pound. Women on birth control piss Estrogens down the drain in the Colorado River (for example). The Estrogens are so high that all the fish are Female and when they find a male it has both Female and Male sex organs. This is why the UK will not let the U.S. sell beef there. Don't even get me started on this as it's such a bad problem and nobody cares.

dkozloski
07-09-07, 02:29 PM
The mother of all conspiracies. Who thought it up? Rosie O'Donnell? Ellen Degenerate?

caddydaddy
07-09-07, 02:40 PM
Al Gore. He invented the internet you know! :)

malcolm
07-09-07, 02:40 PM
Whew, all this time I thought the old lady was spiking my corn flakes with saltpeter.:eek:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-07, 02:48 PM
Thank god I hate drinking water.

urbanski
07-09-07, 02:54 PM
:skeptical:

urbanski
07-09-07, 02:54 PM
Thank god I hate drinking water.
:chad:

nickc50310
07-09-07, 03:03 PM

That looks delicious!! I eat A LOT of meat and my testosterone is still pretty high I think!

caddydaddy
07-09-07, 04:10 PM
That looks delicious!! I eat A LOT of meat and my testosterone is still pretty high I think!

I don't know...even your car has a bra! :alchi:

Lord Cadillac
07-09-07, 04:19 PM
The mother of all conspiracies. Who thought it up? Rosie O'Donnell? Ellen Degenerate?
Our older male members should be the first to find it obvious that men have become less manly over the years...

The Tony Show
07-09-07, 05:13 PM
Aha! I told everybody in the "MySpace Sucks" thread that there was an alarming trend of pussification in the male gender, but they all laughed at me.

Sweet, sweet vindication. :)

AlBundy
07-09-07, 05:29 PM
Aha! I told everybody in the "MySpace Sucks" thread that there was an alarming trend of pussification in the male gender, but they all laughed at me.

Sweet, sweet vindication. :)

After reading this thread my first thought was that thread.:thumbsup:

Edit: I was thinking about that thread that had a bunch of gay looking guy that were supposed to be out partying.

JimHare
07-09-07, 06:59 PM
I know I've mentioned before how in various studies, the levels of testosterone in males of all ages has gone down nearly 20% over the past few decades. That alone should be startling...

Anyway. Here's one reason why: bottled water. (This is a quote from a discussion held elsewhere):

Any plastic has estrogens in them and if you nuke your food in them it's even worse. The meat we eat is full of estrongens to get them to hold water so their weight is higher as they get paid by the pound. Women on birth control piss Estrogens down the drain in the Colorado River (for example). The Estrogens are so high that all the fish are Female and when they find a male it has both Female and Male sex organs. This is why the UK will not let the U.S. sell beef there. Don't even get me started on this as it's such a bad problem and nobody cares.

Well, actually, that's not true. Plastic doesn't have estrogens in it. SOME plastics have a chemical called bisphenol A (BPA) which mimics estrogen in some cellular recombinant situations, and has been the subject of SEVERAL dozen studies over the last few years. Oddly enough, the studies underwritten by the chemical and plastics industry found the levels of BPA in most household plastics to be very low, and well below any toxic threshold. But the studies underwritten by the glass bottling industry found that even looking strangely at a tupperware container could cause prostate cancer and a host of other maladies.

As usual, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between.

I wouldn't EAT plastic, but you'd probably need to nuke a tupperware container full of spaghetti about 100 times a day to have it leach enough in to your system to be noticeable. We're talking 3 to 4 parts PER TRILLION here, folks...not a huge glob of estrogen that's gonna make your pee-pee wilt and fall off...

Stoneage_Caddy
07-09-07, 07:00 PM
so jesdas Manmarys are becuse of this ?

well , ill agree somethings going on ...but i think its the opposite ...look at how many males are going bald nowdays .....everyone is ....that from what i hear is from too much testosterone , which is being conuteracted by something ?

it all started with them damn womens channles on tv ....

we all thought it was a good idea when women started burning bras in the 60s ...no bras are a good thing .....short term......then everything goes down hill .....litteraly and figurativly

The Tony Show
07-09-07, 07:01 PM
After reading this thread my first thought was that thread.:thumbsup:

Edit: I was thinking about that thread that had a bunch of gay looking guy that were supposed to be out partying.

Yep, that's the one.

I made a lot of friends with that one. Good times......:D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-07, 07:05 PM

You're telling me! One per week keeps the skinny away.

rblimas
07-09-07, 07:12 PM
Our older male members should be the first to find it obvious that men have become less manly over the years...

are you calling me non-manly? i think im gonna cry:crying:

Kev
07-09-07, 07:14 PM
Our older male members should be the first to find it obvious that men have become less manly over the years...Here here! Can I testify?!! I've heard a lot of reasons for this, lavender oils in soaps and such, additives in prepared foods, etc. but the most heinous in my opinion is the psychological crap that our school systems are perpetrating on our young boys thanks to gender neutral PC crap.

Uh-oh, I think I'm getting too political here..... :eek: .... ah, screw it! You may have to lock this one up when I'm done here Sal!

Many schools (elementary) are banning any type of contact games or physically aggressive sports or recess play. Any time a little guy shows signs of natural aggressiveness, rather than training and channeling it in a positive direction they are usually diagnosed with ADD and prescribed some drug to control them. Then we act surprised at the rising drug problems with our kids.

I dare not continue ..... :rant2:

Ranger
07-09-07, 09:08 PM

My money is on Rosie.

90Brougham350
07-09-07, 09:09 PM
Here here! Can I testify?!! I've heard a lot of reasons for this, lavender oils in soaps and such, additives in prepared foods, etc. but the most heinous in my opinion is the psychological crap that our school systems are perpetrating on our young boys thanks to gender neutral PC crap.

Uh-oh, I think I'm getting too political here..... :eek: .... ah, screw it! You may have to lock this one up when I'm done here Sal!

Many schools (elementary) are banning any type of contact games or physically aggressive sports or recess play. Any time a little guy shows signs of natural aggressiveness, rather than training and channeling it in a positive direction they are usually diagnosed with ADD and prescribed some drug to control them. Then we act surprised at the rising drug problems with our kids.

Amazing how true it really is.

Brian

Jonas McFeely
07-09-07, 09:14 PM
I can still S a fat hot L

Lord Cadillac
07-09-07, 11:49 PM
Eventually, enough straws can break the camels back.. It's not so much that there's this one single estrogen mimetic, it's that in addition to everything else that's causing spikes in our estrogen.. Meats, the push for everybody to drink soy, etc, etc, etc...

For one reason or another, testosterone is going away. It's almost as if evolution will eventually weed out the male species...

Well, actually, that's not true. Plastic doesn't have estrogens in it. SOME plastics have a chemical called bisphenol A (BPA) which mimics estrogen in some cellular recombinant situations, and has been the subject of SEVERAL dozen studies over the last few years. Oddly enough, the studies underwritten by the chemical and plastics industry found the levels of BPA in most household plastics to be very low, and well below any toxic threshold. But the studies underwritten by the glass bottling industry found that even looking strangely at a tupperware container could cause prostate cancer and a host of other maladies.

As usual, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between.

I wouldn't EAT plastic, but you'd probably need to nuke a tupperware container full of spaghetti about 100 times a day to have it leach enough in to your system to be noticeable. We're talking 3 to 4 parts PER TRILLION here, folks...not a huge glob of estrogen that's gonna make your pee-pee wilt and fall off...

Lord Cadillac
07-09-07, 11:50 PM
Dihydrotestosterone causes baldness, yes - but even a man with low testosterone will lose his hair if he's set to lose it through the genes...

so jesdas Manmarys are becuse of this ?

well , ill agree somethings going on ...but i think its the opposite ...look at how many males are going bald nowdays .....everyone is ....that from what i hear is from too much testosterone , which is being conuteracted by something ?

it all started with them damn womens channles on tv ....

we all thought it was a good idea when women started burning bras in the 60s ...no bras are a good thing .....short term......then everything goes down hill .....litteraly and figurativly

Lord Cadillac
07-09-07, 11:52 PM
I agree with you. I know all about it. I'm certainly not FOR a Genderless society.. Maybe we're just too old in our thinking...

Here here! Can I testify?!! I've heard a lot of reasons for this, lavender oils in soaps and such, additives in prepared foods, etc. but the most heinous in my opinion is the psychological crap that our school systems are perpetrating on our young boys thanks to gender neutral PC crap.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 12:01 AM
So what...is this a call to all men on here to start enrolling in boxing classes at the gym and start acting more like Alpha males? ;)

I'm up for more masculinity, just as long as we don't all turn into a bunch of overly aggressive meatheads. Maybe we can have a masculine movement that mirrors the feminine movement from the early '70s? Haha!

Kev
07-10-07, 12:05 AM
I agree with you. I know all about it. I'm certainly not FOR a Genderless society.. Maybe we're just too old in our thinking...Oh, I don't think we are too old in our thinking. We need a swift kick in the @$$ now and then when we as a society come up with ignorant ideas like this gender neutral garbage. It's just a matter of time before these stupid ideas weed themselves out kind of like natural selection or the 'Darwin Awards'.

If Gender Neutrality were personified I can imagine what it's last words would be; "Hey! Watch this!"

Kev
07-10-07, 12:10 AM
So what...is this a call to all men on here to start enrolling in boxing classes at the gym and start acting more like Alpha males? ;)

I'm up for more masculinity, just as long as we don't all turn into a bunch of overly aggressive meatheads. Maybe we can have a masculine movement that mirrors the feminine movement from the early '70s? Haha!No, two wrongs don't make one right nor do they even the scales. True masculinity does not cancel out intelligence, emotions or empathy. To every thing there is a season...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 12:11 AM
No, two wrongs don't make one right nor do they even the scales. True masculinity does not cancel out intelligence, emotions or empathy. To every thing there is a season...

Exactly, you've gotta balance it out! :) :thumbsup:

Kev
07-10-07, 12:15 AM
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 12:18 AM
What song is that? It's a '60's hit.

Spyder
07-10-07, 02:15 AM
I think I'm going to go kill something, rip out its heart, eat it raw and not shower for a week.

Krashed989
07-10-07, 03:14 AM

I'm up for more masculinity, just as long as we don't all turn into a bunch of overly aggressive meatheads. Maybe we can have a masculine movement that mirrors the feminine movement from the early '70s? Haha!

LOL Just a few months ago I broke my knuckle on my best friends forehead boxing him. I didn't even know I did it untill I took the gloves off and saw my mis-shaped hand. After that we went and played some darts, then I drove my dad from the airport to their house (an hour drive away) and that's when my mom told me to go to the doctor to have my hand x-rayed... lol

Jesda
07-10-07, 07:55 AM
http://order.tupperware.com:8080/coe-images/home/logo.gif owes me a bra.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 07:56 AM
Hahaha wtf!!!

Silver Dollar
07-10-07, 09:28 AM
Our society can handle a certin percentage of metrosexual men who watch HGTV by choice.

What it will not survive is the current trend of pussification of our military. If that trend continues we'll end up like France.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/u/R/french_soldierofsurrender.jpg

Lord Cadillac
07-10-07, 09:47 AM
Where are our tough guys in the movies? Teenaged boys used to grow up watching actors like John Wayne, Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, etcetera. Who today compares to these guys?

malcolm
07-10-07, 10:22 AM

But I will, all I can say is yes yes yes. I'm an older member and can tell you about a time when boys would be boys and men were men. When I went to school (public school in NJ in the 60s) I was a wise ass in gym class once. That gym teacher kicked my ass and practically threw me down the stairs. I got the message and no I didn't go home crying cause I would have gotten another ass beating there too. In the old days you took your beating and manned up. I miss the old days.

Kev
07-10-07, 11:48 AM
But I will, all I can say is yes yes yes. I'm an older member and can tell you about a time when boys would be boys and men were men. When I went to school (public school in NJ in the 60s) I was a wise ass in gym class once. That gym teacher kicked my ass and practically threw me down the stairs. I got the message and no I didn't go home crying cause I would have gotten another ass beating there too. In the old days you took your beating and manned up. I miss the old days.Hey, I'm with you Malcom! Once in Jr. High gym class one of the guys kidney punched the wrong teacher (former pro football player) the teacher automatically round housed, hit the kid square on the jaw, knocked him flat on his back and out for the count. That was the last time anyone in the school mouthed off let alone messed with that teacher! He was respected, either out of love or out of fear. The choice was ours.

I was a smart-alec in Jr. High, I often heard; "Drop and give me 50!" from my gym teachers. I had great upper body strength then, I could do more push-ups than anyone in school! :D

Kev
07-10-07, 11:56 AM
What song is that? It's a '60's hit.It was written by Solomon, Ecclesiastes chapter 3, verses 1-8. It was incorporated into song by Pete Seeger in the 50's,
rearranged by Judy Collins in 64, made famous by the Byrds in 65.

pabstcadillac
07-10-07, 12:32 PM
This $hit pi$$e$ me off! Aside from the plastics & water & meat & etc. The biggest issue is that a lot of men simply won't act like men because they are scared that they won't "Get any" whether it be a one nite stand or at the bar. The best way to get testosterone levels back up isn't a supplement, but doing manly things. Shoot guns, drive fast, get drunk & end up in a fight. If that doesn't get your blood pumping then stay at home & watch Oprah. :2cents: :alchi:

RightTurn
07-10-07, 12:46 PM
:food-snacking:

Silver Dollar
07-10-07, 01:53 PM
This $hit pi$$e$ me off! Aside from the plastics & water & meat & etc. The biggest issue is that a lot of men simply won't act like men because they are scared that they won't "Get any" whether it be a one nite stand or at the bar. The best way to get testosterone levels back up isn't a supplement, but doing manly things. Shoot guns, drive fast, get drunk & end up in a fight. If that doesn't get your blood pumping then stay at home & watch Oprah. :2cents: :alchi:

here here!

malcolm
07-10-07, 02:00 PM
I never liked those Miller Lite commercials but in this case I will make an exception and say "MAN LAW"

I haven't thought about this much lately, considering I have two grand children and numer 3 on the way. I feel like going out tonight getting drunk and starting a good old fashioned bar fight. Old school, no weapons, just hands the way we used to do it. Then take home a drunken slut for a good feckin. Good therapy. Ah to be young again.
:highfive::thumbsup::alchi::gun2::gun::cheers::yea h::cycle::burn::bazooka::usflag::drunkpair::word:: nuffsaid:

Kev
07-10-07, 02:20 PM
:food-snacking:You're enjoying the snot out of this aren't you Sarah? :lildevil:

pabstcadillac
07-10-07, 02:20 PM
I never liked those Miller Lite commercials but in this case I will make an exception and say "MAN LAW"

I haven't thought about this much lately, considering I have two grand children and numer 3 on the way. I feel like going out tonight getting drunk and starting a good old fashioned bar fight. Old school, no weapons, just hands the way we used to do it. Then take home a drunken slut for a good feckin. Good therapy. Ah to be young again.
:highfive::thumbsup::alchi::gun2::gun::cheers::yea h::cycle::burn::bazooka::usflag::drunkpair::word:: nuffsaid:

All of those things are part of what makes this country great. More power to you & I wish you luck in your endeavors. Live life to the fullest because you'll never get out alive. :alchi:

Kev
07-10-07, 02:27 PM
Now there you go guys, masculinity is not synonymous with stupidity contrary to the stereo types promulgated by the feminist movement so don't go giving it credence! :tisk:

pabstcadillac
07-10-07, 02:39 PM
Now there you go guys, masculinity is not synonymous with stupidity contrary to the stereo types promulgated by the feminist movement so don't go giving it credence! :tisk:

Adrenaline & testosterone are related. They are both produced by the body naturally. Some guys produce more than others. These guys typically do more "Manly" things, not necessarily stupider things. There is a difference. :alchi:

dkozloski
07-10-07, 02:46 PM
To me being a real man is:
Working hard and supporting your family.
Getting married before impregnating the old lady.
Showing you wife respect by being faithful and appreciating her for tolerating all the BS you pull.
Doing more than your share of the household chores.
Taking your boy fishing and hunting.
Showing him how to build a boat.
Teaching him life by example.

The list goes on and on but none of it involves showing the world you're an idiot with no self control.

Kev
07-10-07, 02:47 PM
Adrenaline & testosterone are related. They are both produced by the body naturally. Some guys produce more than others. These guys typically do more "Manly" things, not necessarily stupider things. There is a difference. :alchi:Yes. There is a difference.

Satisfying your wife and raising a family = manly
Getting drunk and going out whoring = stupid

Starting a drunken brawl = stupid
Fighting offensively or defensively for self, family or country = manly

There it is.

malcolm
07-10-07, 02:58 PM
Jesus, it was a joke.

Kev
07-10-07, 03:01 PM
Jesus, it was a joke.OK, fine! And my name is not Jesus!

Caddy Man
07-10-07, 04:23 PM
To me being a real man is:
Working hard and supporting your family.
Getting married before impregnating the old lady.
Showing you wife respect by being faithful and appreciating her for tolerating all the BS you pull.
Doing more than your share of the household chores.
Taking your boy fishing and hunting.
Showing him how to build a boat.
Teaching him life by example.

The list goes on and on but none of it involves showing the world you're an idiot with no self control.

GREAT POST.

Reading what some of you wrote that makes a person a man is quite funny and scary at the same time. A man is not some uncontrollable animal. Its unfortunate that some of you still think that a man is someone who whores around and gets into fights. :bigroll:

Jonas McFeely
07-10-07, 05:02 PM
Is sitting on the shitter for extended periods of time reading Car and Driver manly?

urbanski
07-10-07, 05:11 PM
Is sitting on the shitter for extended periods of time reading Car and Driver manly?
if so
i am a VERY manly man

Kev
07-10-07, 06:27 PM
Is sitting on the shitter for extended periods of time reading Car and Driver manly?Well, actually ..... no. That accounts for one or more of the following;

1. Insufficient fiber in one's diet. (Dude! Ease up on those Baconators!)

2. Poor reading skills (might I suggest a course such as Evelyn Wood's Speed Reading)

3. Poor job situation causing you to retreat to the restroom for escape.

4. Poor family life causing you to retreat to the restroom for escape.

.... any way you look at it dude, it's a weakness ....... not good ...... :helpless:

RightTurn
07-10-07, 07:17 PM
You're enjoying the snot out of this aren't you Sarah? :lildevil:

:yup: Just waiting on the chest-beating. :D

Krashed989
07-10-07, 07:18 PM
Well, actually ..... no. That accounts for one or more of the following;

1. Insufficient fiber in one's diet. (Dude! Ease up on those Baconators!)

2. Poor reading skills (might I suggest a course such as Evelyn Wood's Speed Reading)

3. Poor job situation causing you to retreat to the restroom for escape.

4. Poor family life causing you to retreat to the restroom for escape.

.... any way you look at it dude, it's a weakness ....... not good ...... :helpless:

What about sitting on the shitter for long periods of time while checking out the models in a victorias secret catalog? lol

RightTurn
07-10-07, 07:19 PM
if so
i am a VERY manly man

OK I'm callin' TMI on urb.

Kev
07-10-07, 07:24 PM
:yup: Just waiting on the chest-beating. :DThat's what I figured! :thumbsup:

Kev
07-10-07, 07:26 PM
What about sitting on the shitter for long periods of time while checking out the models in a victorias secret catalog? lolA 19 year old American male in Hawaii and you're looking at girls in a magazine?!! :eek:

That's just a whole different problem right there!!! :helpless: :nono:

Krashed989
07-10-07, 07:33 PM
A 19 year old American male in Hawaii and you're looking at girls in a magazine?!! :eek:

That's just a whole different problem right there!!! :helpless: :nono:

lmao! Hey, we have just as many ugly chicks as any other place in the world. It's just easier to find the pretty ones over here cause they all try to get tans on the beaches, which I live a good 40 minute drive from. They don't call it the Big Island for nothin. lol

Kev
07-10-07, 08:30 PM
I grew up in Santa Barbara, CA. I spent most of my summers at the beach. Most of that time I spent with girls .... ah, I love testosterone! I remember one girl, beautiful, tall, slender, needed help with suntan lotion, warm sun ......

High school, I used to eat lunch with the cheerleaders ...... testosterone! Yeah baby! I've liked girls as long as I can remember.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 10:47 PM
What about sitting on the shitter for long periods of time while checking out the models in a victorias secret catalog? lol

Gross, you get off while on the can!

Haha, substitute "the 1996 GMC Suburban/Yukon brochure" for "Car And Driver" and you have the highlight of my evening.

if so
i am a VERY manly man

Haha, I think Al Bundy would approve.

gary88
07-10-07, 11:18 PM
http://hooahwife.com/images/Al-Bundy.jpg

A true legend

Jonas McFeely
07-11-07, 12:59 AM
I poop a MINIMUM 2-3 times a day.

Krashed989
07-11-07, 03:51 AM
Gross, you get off while on the can!

Ewww Ohh god no! I didn't say I get off while on the can. It's just eyecandy. lol

nikon
07-11-07, 02:37 PM
damn women are taken over the world...just wait for Hilary to hit the oval office...then were doomed....we won't be dropping nuclear bombs anymore...estrogen bombs maybe?...ugh

gary88
07-11-07, 09:26 PM
damn women are taken over the world...just wait for Hilary to hit the oval office...then were doomed....we won't be dropping nuclear bombs anymore...estrogen bombs maybe?...ugh

Not exactly an estrogen bomb, but the government almost made a "gay bomb"

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

Kev
07-11-07, 11:41 PM

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.htmlWhat?! What kind of sick freaks think up this crap?!!
That's just wrong right there, I don't care who you are! :nono:

pabstcadillac
07-11-07, 11:47 PM

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

Unless I missed it in my once over, it didn't say how long ago this plan was researched, just that it was obtained via FOI Act. :alchi:

dkozloski
07-12-07, 01:15 AM
The gay bomb is old news. What do you think happened to downtown San Francisco? It had to be something like that or the water supply was sabotaged.

Krashed989
07-12-07, 04:39 AM
The gay bomb is old news. What do you think happened to downtown San Francisco? It had to be something like that or the water supply was sabotaged.

Well they had to test it somewhere... LOL... I'm just glad I wasn't there when it happened. :alchi:

01devillew/05 nav
07-12-07, 05:54 AM
I'm with you.

The Tony Show
07-12-07, 09:09 AM
Now I understand what happened in the CTS forum - someone dropped a Bling bomb.

:bling:

RightTurn
07-12-07, 09:19 AM
Now I understand what happened in the CTS forum - someone dropped a Bling bomb.

:bling:

Naw. The older CTS's just got "affordable" enough for the ricer crowd. It's a sad day for Cadillac. :alchi:

Lord Cadillac
10-29-07, 11:19 PM
From now on, before I decide to post a message, I'll come ask you for permission first. Because God knows that anything you don't believe is a conspiracy.

Taken from an article in Woman's Day magazine (stop! Danielle showed me):

"Is plastic bad for your child? The answer is... maybe. A federal advisory panel of environmental health experts recently evaluated 500 animal studies involving exposure to BPA, a chemical that's found in some plastic baby bottles and sippy cups. The worry is that when bottles are heated or washed repeatedly, BPA can leak out into milk or formula."

BPA is an estrogen mimetic. It mimics estrogen in the body. And it's not only in the plastics that make baby bottles and sippy cups.. Of course, this is more dangerous to babies because compounds such as BPA will affect them more than adults in small amounts. This, however, doesn't mean it will not affect adults.

"While the panel concluded that there was no strong evidence of health hazards for the general public, they did express some concern that exposure to BPA may alter the neurological development of children."

No shit, Sherlock! You're giving your baby boy four bottles a day with a small dose of estrogen! How do you think THAT'S gonna pan out in the future?

So how on Earth is my concern about estrogen (ie. BPA) in plastics of no concern to anybody else? It's NOT a big joke. It's not a conspiracy theory. No wonder why boys are so feminine these days. They're growing up receiving small doses of estrogen starting at birth!

What if there was testosterone in baby bottles? Would you still use them to milk-feed your baby girl? I doubt it. Not unless you want your daughter to sport a mustache and goatee. But it seems that most mommies (and this generation's mommy daddies) are too busy getting their hair and nails done or watching the stupid football game and would rather just not think about it.

http://www.evilthrives.com/images/head_in_the_sand.jpg

dkozloski
10-29-07, 11:26 PM
The trouble is that the higher the testosterone level gets in men the more stupid they become. Kinda like blond women. Look at the athletes that have lost their way.

Florian
10-29-07, 11:34 PM
so women pissing human estrogen is being absorbed by fish????

retarded.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-29-07, 11:37 PM
The trouble is that the higher the testosterone level gets in men the more stupid they become. Kinda like blond women. Look at the athletes that have lost their way.

Exactly. +1 for Dkoz.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 12:14 AM
Is it a fact that higher testosterone levels equate to lower intelligence? The men responsible for building civilization (and just about every invention) as we know it didn't have low testosterone levels. This trend is just becoming popular now.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 12:15 AM
Exactly. +1 for Dkoz.

Do you seriously believe that statement?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-07, 12:19 AM
Do you seriously believe that statement?

Sorta, yeah. :O

Is it a fact that higher testosterone levels equate to lower intelligence? The men responsible for building civilization (and just about every invention) as we know it didn't have low testosterone levels.

Yeah, but they weren't these meatheaded-close minded-super-masculine-testerone-to the-maxx-workout-and-be-aggressive-all-the-time people that I'm thinking of. Nor were they these super sissy people...I picture them as your stereotypical smart person... open minded, thoughtful, etc etc....if you know what I mean.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 12:52 AM
Sorta, yeah. :O

Yeah, but they weren't these meatheaded-close minded-super-masculine-testerone-to the-maxx-workout-and-be-aggressive-all-the-time people that I'm thinking of. Nor were they these super sissy people...I picture them as your stereotypical smart person... open minded, thoughtful, etc etc....if you know what I mean.
Too much testosterone is not good. But too little testosterone isn't good either. Low levels of testosterone cause depression, anxiety, irritability, insomnia, weakness, diminished libido and poor memory (amongst other things like frail bones...). What our society is facing is increasingly LOWer levels of testosterone. What good is a male population full of depressed, irritable, sleepless, weak men with a hard time remembering and low libido?

Chad, I think you have a personal issue with men who have high testosterone levels. I'm one of those people. Do I give off the impression of a goon?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-07, 01:10 AM
Low levels of testosterone cause depression, anxiety, irritability, insomnia, weakness, diminished libido and poor memory (amongst other things like frail bones...). ?

Hah, my life in a nutshell, except for the insomnia. I think I need to go do some speed and kick some ass to remedy this.

Chad, I think you have a personal issue with men who have high testosterone levels. I'm one of those people. Do I give off the impression of a goon?

I never thought of you as anyone who has high amounts of testosterone, and no, you don't seem like a goon at all, in any way, and yes I know you're big into body-building. You're too sensible, too open minded, too educated to be a "goon". Hopefully I didn't get my foot too far in my mouth...

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 01:28 AM
Hah, my life in a nutshell, except for the insomnia. I think I need to go do some speed and kick some ass to remedy this.

Maybe it was all those plastic baby bottles. :p

I never thought of you as anyone who has high amounts of testosterone, and no, you don't seem like a goon at all, in any way, and yes I know you're big into body-building. You're too sensible, too open minded, too educated to be a "goon". Hopefully I didn't get my foot too far in my mouth...

No foot in the mouth. Just trying to show you that not all people with high testosterone fit a specific type.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 01:34 AM
Testosterone levels lower as a function of aging in all men. As the population ages the average level for all men will naturally drop. The normal level is quite broad in any case. Where's the beef in this discussion?

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 03:51 AM
Testosterone levels lower as a function of aging in all men. As the population ages the average level for all men will naturally drop. The normal level is quite broad in any case. Where's the beef in this discussion?
I haven't mentioned anything about a 'natural' drop.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 10:57 AM
I haven't mentioned anything about a 'natural' drop.
How can it be determined what an unnatural drop is until you can determine that any drop you see is not the result of some other natural process. Any variation seen so far is still well within the normal range. As far as that goes, Sam Colt removed the requirement that you be buff, bulked up, and hairy chested in order to be taken seriously in a lively discussion.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 01:52 PM
As likely as the theory about estrogen in plastics is the idea that by an evolutionary process the less high key, more sensitive males are being selected as the more desireable mates by the most fertile women. Still water runs deep.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 03:45 PM
How can it be determined what an unnatural drop is until you can determine that any drop you see is not the result of some other natural process. Any variation seen so far is still well within the normal range. As far as that goes, Sam Colt removed the requirement that you be buff, bulked up, and hairy chested in order to be taken seriously in a lively discussion.
If testosterone levels in women were consistently rising, that would also be a valid concern. Any change like this, in the masses, should be of concern. Not blown off as a conspiracy theory.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 03:47 PM
What you're saying here SHOULD make all the sense in the world - but I don't see it. See the movie "Idiocracy". Not that I take the movie seriously, but most people who see it seem to say the same thing. It's really not so far off from the truth - which is the only reason I'm bringing it up.

As likely as the theory about estrogen in plastics is the idea that by an evolutionary process the less high key, more sensitive males are being selected as the more desireable mates by the most fertile women. Still water runs deep.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 03:52 PM
If testosterone levels in women were consistently rising, that would also be a valid concern. Any change like this, in the masses, should be of concern. Not blown off as a conspiracy theory.
I'm not blowing it off as a conspiracy theory. I'm blowing it off as unproven. I'm also suspicious because I don't see where the estrogen levels in women are going through the roof as they should be if the world as is contaminated as you claim. Much ado about nothing.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 04:01 PM
I've seen the forests in Canada that were supposedly being destroyed by acid rain that were found to have been acidic for thousands of years when some naturalists without an agenda did a little analysis. Statistics show that the wages of Presbyterian Ministers in Massachusetts are directly proportional to the price of rum in Puerto Rico but nobody can prove a connection. Figures don't lie but liers can figure, especially when they have an agenda.

Lord Cadillac
10-30-07, 04:07 PM
Estrogen levels are increasing but it's not a concern at this time. With andropause becoming a reality for many men in their 40s and 50s, studies like this are becoming more popular. If and when estrogen levels become high enough for public awareness, I'm sure we'll hear about it when the time comes...

I think the bottom line is... If you have young children, you might want to 'at least' think twice about giving them plastic bottles and sippy cups. There's a very real possibility that the BPA may alter the neurological development of your children. To be completely unconcerned is ridiculous. Do your own research and come to your own conclusions. But at least do the research - if not for you, for your children.

dkozloski
10-30-07, 05:14 PM
I agree that our environment is becoming contaminated with a host of chemicals and preparations. Some are more dangerous than others. As it has always been, parenting is an overwhelming task. Just in the last week I learned my special needs boy requires surgery for a drug resistant middle ear infection and sinus rinsing. He also broke his collarbone at school. This is in addition to his severe developemental delays, grand mal seizures, choreoathetoid movements and all the rest. Now you tell me his testosterone levels are declining from drinking from plastic cups. The best you can do as a parent is to deal appropriately with each situation as it arises. I don't think the cups are showing on the radar yet. Right now I am more occupied with insuring a reliable supply of adult diapers for him. Thanks anyway for the heads-up.

Lord Cadillac
10-31-07, 09:34 AM
Life certainly can be a challenge... I don't think anyone should just take what they hear and consider it gospel. I expect people to do their own research - if they care. Yes, it can be overwhelming...

V-Love
11-01-07, 05:05 PM
All this talk of testosterone makes me want to get some. Get my ass back in shape. I'm sure doctors are prescribing it. I don't want any from China though. Anyone have the hookup?

90Brougham350
11-01-07, 05:49 PM
This trend is just becoming popular now.

Normally I agree with most of what you say, but that's rediculous. This is the same kind of logic that people use to say that 200 years of temperature studies conclude global warming will destroy a 4.55 billion year-old planet. This study has validity after several generations of people at a very minimum have come and gone.

Lord Cadillac
11-01-07, 05:57 PM
Normally I agree with most of what you say, but that's rediculous. This is the same kind of logic that people use to say that 200 years of temperature studies conclude global warming will destroy a 4.55 billion year-old planet. This study has validity after several generations of people at a very minimum have come and gone.

I'm not sure what you mean.. The average amount of testosterone in men becoming lower and lower is a new trend...

Lord Cadillac
11-01-07, 05:59 PM
All this talk of testosterone makes me want to get some. Get my ass back in shape. I'm sure doctors are prescribing it. I don't want any from China though. Anyone have the hookup?

If you want testosterone, I can point you in the right direction. It's actually sitting right on the shelves at many vitamin stores and they don't even know it.