: Rebuilding a 2004 SRX

JGWalker2
07-09-07, 09:00 AM
I purchased a 2004 SRX 3.6L AWD(totaled in the front) and have repaired it physically (runs and drives great), but there are some electronic questions I have. I have the service manuals/repair books on this SRX, but every time I start it, the NAV screen shows the following messages:

SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM
SERVICE AIR BAG (I have replaced both front airbags and control module)
SERVICE A/C SYSTEM (I have replaced all damaged parts and it is recharged and blowing cold)

The outside temp always shows 59 degrees, even though it's 90+ here in July.

I also know it probably lost most of its trans fluid in the crash since the trans cooler was destroyed, but I can't find where to add/check the fluid.

Some of these problems may stem from the vehicle being "dissected" by the insurance company before it went to auction and the removed parts were missing. I think I have replaced everything that was missing.

arandall850
07-10-07, 10:11 AM
all of those parts more than likely still need to be programmed and learned on the cars data bus network. Only way to do that is with the GM dealership tool.

Autobahn_Burner
07-11-07, 08:38 AM
As of the transmission, there is no dipstick to check level. Underneath the vehicle, find refill plug at side of transmission (cant remember left or right) open plug and refill trans fluid until fluid starts dropping out. Repeat this after driving a few blocks for a few times to ensure that enough fluid has been added.

donjumpsuit
07-13-07, 01:33 PM
just in case,
oddly enough, service stability system goes on if your brake fluid is low.