: Anyone in here into archery?

Spyder
07-09-07, 04:32 AM
So, I recently dug my old York bow out from under my bed, rebuilt it with new string, lubed pulleys, new whiskers, etc, sized arrows and went shopping for 'em.

The local wally world had a bunch for a great price, BUT, the nocks were all wrong.

I havn't shot in years and want to get back into it because I always enjoyed it...but I always shot with "odd-feather-out" nocking.

Of the two hundred arrows that were in stock and the fifteen or so different brands and varieties they had, only ONE box and was nocked the way I've always shot. I used to build my own arrows and ALWAYS put built them so the odd feather was out.

Is this wrong, or is there a different style to it or what? I asked the guy at the counter if they had any arrow returns lately and he had no idea what I was even talking about.

I ended up springing for the more expensive carbon 31" tuneable nock arrows. I didn't want to spend that much because I plan on losing and breaking quite a few the first couple of times I go out shooting...but I didn't want poorly built arrows either.

Am I wrong or is it possible that the entire section of arrows is built wrong?!:confused::confused::confused:

EcSTSatic
07-09-07, 09:05 AM
I used to shoot a recurve bow. I'm with you. My arrows were always fletched so that the odd feather stuck out.

Rolex
07-09-07, 11:12 PM
I used to shoot in tournaments when I was younger. Haven't shot in years now. I shot a compound bow without sights...there were fewer people competing in that category.

pabstcadillac
07-10-07, 12:17 AM
Robin Hood, is he a member? :alchi:

TomDeville
07-10-07, 12:33 AM
Where's Little John?

I think they just wanted to sell you
the more expensive carbon ones.

I need your help to resolve my racoon
problem when your aim gets up to speed.:cheers:
I would be obliged to you for your kind
assistance.:thumbsup:

:cool2:

Spyder
07-10-07, 01:14 AM
I shoot the York compound, instinctively. Never have used sights. Didn't have the cash for them when I was a kid and got purty damned good without, so I stuck with it. I also had an awesome Browning recurve which I WISH I had never gotten rid of...